Is pvp in swtor a joke?

Qural

Is pvp in swtor a joke?

1. First time in pvp in swtor at level 10 and you are up against level 50. No level restrictions for a warzone!

2. You can't select what warzone you want to enter it's random.

I'm used to play pvp in both WOW amd Rift, it would have been nice if Biowear had done just a little research on how other mmo's are doing pvp.

PVP in SWTOR was a huge disapointment for me. I'm sure if nothing is done about the pvp in swtor the game will die out soon.

It is true that SWTOR does not have any form of serious PvP. No rated warzones, no arenas, no Realm v Realm, no nothing.

Furthermore, allowing a level 10 (with nearly 0 abilities) to PvP with a level 50 ruins all seriousness out of Warzones.

Rookie mistakes from Bioware. Expected better.

It is true that SWTOR does not have any form of serious PvP. No rated warzones, no arenas, no Realm v Realm, no nothing.

Furthermore, allowing a level 10 (with nearly 0 abilities) to PvP with a level 50 ruins all seriousness out of Warzones.

Rookie mistakes from Bioware. Expected better.

They tried to do the scaling thing, it wasn't that horrible a flop since it boosts damage more for people who have less abilities, but the real issue is now we have 50's rolling in full PvP gear and you can't get (Expertise?) the PvP stat pre-50, making things a bit rougher. At the least I'd like to see a "Leveling bracket" and a "lvl 50" bracket.

Bolster is fine, l2p. Attack the other level 15's and under in there (They make up probably 75% of the population in a warzone.) That buff is enough so that a good level 10 can smoke a terrible level 50.

If you could choose your warzone, queues would be forever long. There are only certain WZ's that can be same faction vs same faction, and if no one chose those, empire would never do warzones because of how much more populated they are. Also, if there were level brackets, 40+'s would never ever ever ever get to pvp.

I'm sure they'll reduce bracket size in the future if their subs allow for it, but I'm hoping not. I prefer quick queues.

Only problem atm with pvp IMO is the unavoidable ability delay in all warzones (Seems worst in civil war)

As it stands currently, I would not recommend this game to anyone wanting a serious pvp game. I find the pvp extremely fun as a guardian, but my "Competitive" pvp days are behind me. Honestly turning this into something like arenas would be horrible to me. I don't mind "rated warzones" though.

Like many other aspects of the game BW needs to look and evaluate and act. I'm satisfied with the game so far from a pve perspective. And i find the pvp fun and has potential. I just don't think it's "ready" yet. Though maybe ppl suck at pvp on my server but we have alot of even matches on Kinrath Spider.

Is pvp in swtor a joke?

1. First time in pvp in swtor at level 10 and you are up against level 50. No level restrictions for a warzone!

I'm used to play pvp in both WOW amd Rift, it would have been nice if Biowear had done just a little research on how other mmo's are doing pvp.

PVP in SWTOR was a huge disapointment for me. I'm sure if nothing is done about the pvp in swtor the game will die out soon.

Your getting put in groups with higher levels because A.) not enough people in your level range on the enemy or your own side is queueing (pvp before lvl 14 is a pain in the rear end and slow because you dont have sprint) or B.) not enough high levels are queuing.

The game has level ranges for PVP but it accounts for lack of players and scales people up or down. Its a flawed system at best BUT as long as your team wins you make pretty decent rewards. When it scales lvl 50s into a mostly lower level group it should lock off some of their abilities in my opinion.

The Biggest issue I've found is most people think its all about the kills like in other games. Having the most kills really does little for you in the end. If your faction can't Win the Scenario then you get a whole lot less rewards. Infact I'm not sure they even scale rewards by kill numbers at all.

BTW Most players don't PVP until lvl 14 when you get Sprint and have better abilities Bioware really should rethink when they let you PVP or atleast a more restrictive system for grouping players. At low levels or even high level I'd rather wait 10 mins then get into a warzone in 5 or less and be grouped with people who can't keep up or I'm the one who can't keep up.

As for 2. the no selection bit..I can understand why they did it but I still hate it myself. I hope eventually they change it to allow you to atleast select 2 of the three so you have a higher chance of getting the one you want even if you spend more time in the queue.

With so few people on one of the sides of the war on some servers they have to make it random and they most likely will have alot of Hutt Ball pop since it doesn't team you by faction. I highly suspect if we ever get a pick system Hutt Ball will always be required if you dont want to wait all day to get some valor.

Luckily I've seen all the maps, I prefer Aldaraan, Huttball, Voidstar in that order. Void Star hopefully in the future will be more of a favored map (other than hutt ball) for true premade teams.

PVP leaves a bit to be desired in its system BUT it works and when you get a good run with a good group its actually really fun which to me is more important then the rest. I would just like to see the rest and having read their discussion from 2 weeks ago on things to come..I hope some of the rest is coming soon like they said.

PVP in this game isn't a Joke...it just needs people in the PVP forums discussing activitly things that need to be changed or enhanced instead of in general complaining.

The mechanics of PVP class to class are fine.

The issues are:

1. Imbalance of amount of characters per level (Will be fixed with time, they won't pit 10's against 50's forever.)

2. Horrid ability delay in Warzones. (Will be fixed with time, hopefully. They cannot allow this to persist much longer.)

I'm betting by the end of January we see vast improvements in the pvp experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Is pvp in swtor a joke?

I would first off like to state this.. Grow up!!! I have been lvl 12 and been in top 3 several times. and No i do not play empire I play republic I have a 50 Shadow, 10 Commando, 18 Scoundrel, 11 Sentinel. All of them set to dps spec and yes all of them have been top 3 in a WZ before and I can even do more than 100k dmg on my lower levels and thats more than most 50s get in a WZ. I have even out dmged several 50 dps specs on my own team before. Level does not matter as much as you think in a WZ. you get buffed so your argument there is invalid. Gear however is a different story. You are under geared for a WZ yes but, guess what.. if your not good at pvp dont join a WZ till you get higher lvl if you think its unbalanced. Then if your on my server and your lvl 47 you can watch a lvl 12 kick your butt up and down the WZ all day. I do it often to higher levels. Its not a matter of level its a matter of skill rotation, skill of player, and gear/abilities available so for the love of god stop crying omg they have so many lvl 50s in this warzone were gonna lose.. Its not true.. if you had any teamwork at all you can win.. WZ is team effort if the teamwork isnt solid there isnt any amount of 50s you can have that will make any difference at all.

Bolster is fine, l2p. Attack the other level 15's and under in there (They make up probably 75% of the population in a warzone.) That buff is enough so that a good level 10 can smoke a terrible level 50.

If you could choose your warzone, queues would be forever long. There are only certain WZ's that can be same faction vs same faction, and if no one chose those, empire would never do warzones because of how much more populated they are. Also, if there were level brackets, 40+'s would never ever ever ever get to pvp.

I'm sure they'll reduce bracket size in the future if their subs allow for it, but I'm hoping not. I prefer quick queues.

Only problem atm with pvp IMO is the unavoidable ability delay in all warzones (Seems worst in civil war)

Except that the low lvl classes are totally unbalanced, a lvl 13 BH can do serious damage already but a juggernaut will suffer...level brackets would be a disaster aswell.

The game wont die out due to that all, but the game gets boring after a month already if you have only 3 mini battlegrounds and 80% of it is Huttenball...:o

Edited by BobaFurz

Everyone has their opinion. The game has only been out for a month. The amount of support this game has behind it is quite impressive. 1 month out and they are already talking of releasing newer content with new content expected to release every few weeks. No MMO in the past has even released new content updates like BioWare is. You can complain up and down all you like but EVERY MMO EVEN WOW had its issues at launch and it will take a few weeks/months to get it extremely polished. I know it took SWG 8-10 months to fix most bugs and WOW took 6-8 months to fix most of its bugs. Things will get fixed in time. Stop complaining and start pointing the problems out and BioWare will work on them. Whether its PvP complaints or PvE complaints do a /bug ticket on it and wait.. stop being so impatient the game is out enjoy it! theres a crazy amount of hidden content in the game as well as a challenging PvE late game. The game isnt all about PvP and there are several places I have run into world PvP or even started some world PvP with some friends. If you feel so mad and have to complain ask yourself. "can I create a better more polished game with better experience, storytelling, and extra side content and then turn around and support that game with more content quickly." the answer is HELL NO YOU CAN NOT! so go troll elsewhere please..

• 1 year later...

Yes and No !

If you are a 'PvP-God' and want to play lot of PvP , roll a IMP Toon . REP at low level PvP (specially , 10-29) sucks up completely (specially in the Morning - 7 to 12 PM-) only good moments I can remember are the 'Late night WZs' being really fun and enjoyable . Now , things going to change in 55WZs (Ranked/URanked) REP seems to have the upper hand there , at least from my experience (I mostly queue as a Team so ^^) . But IMP is definitely more active 'PvP-wise' and REP more active 'PvE-wise' (I find a OPs group in seconds , Ppl spam General with OPs Grps -REP-) . Now , OW PvP is balanced and equal on both sides (since you can choose a TEAM of your own and don't have to be put in a Random grp) .

Now , the classes are still unbalanced (even tho , BW is trying) . It's like a 'devil circle'

Balance 2-3 Classes > Nerf other classes > Kill some classes , and so on ^-^

Bolsters not the best but in LL ML WZs it does at least make you competative. I have a 55 sent 47 shadow 25 smuggler and 15 trooper at lvl 10 on each I at least break 200k Damage and get full comms because I play objectives not kills Focus fire Enemy toons that are getting hit hard and use the abilities I have.

People do whine alot about getting ganked but thet put themselves in situations where its going to happen, if people asked around there guilds and tried to learn there roles WZs would be better all round.

Yes and No !

If you are a 'PvP-God' and want to play lot of PvP , roll a IMP Toon . REP at low level PvP (specially , 10-29) sucks up completely (specially in the Morning - 7 to 12 PM-) only good moments I can remember are the 'Late night WZs' being really fun and enjoyable . Now , things going to change in 55WZs (Ranked/URanked) REP seems to have the upper hand there , at least from my experience (I mostly queue as a Team so ^^) . But IMP is definitely more active 'PvP-wise' and REP more active 'PvE-wise' (I find a OPs group in seconds , Ppl spam General with OPs Grps -REP-) . Now , OW PvP is balanced and equal on both sides (since you can choose a TEAM of your own and don't have to be put in a Random grp) .

Now , the classes are still unbalanced (even tho , BW is trying) . It's like a 'devil circle'

Balance 2-3 Classes > Nerf other classes > Kill some classes , and so on ^-^

Holy necro batman...Dude this thread is like from launch. How many pages did you have to go through to find this and why did you even bother?

PVP in swtor is enjoyable, the matchmaking system and the way the separate quees are how they are atm just causes less people to que.

Btw read something somewhere that BW has cross server option implemented in their code for this game. Can anyone confirm this ?

1. This game does have warzones and you can premade 4 people.

2. It does have rated which is arena, and if communication happens other people can q up and face u.

3. Game has arenas.

4. No cross server true.

5. Game has open world, u need to make it happen

6. You can duel in this game, which some take pride in that.

Any more questions?

1. This game does have warzones and you can premade 4 people.

2. It does have rated which is arena, and if communication happens other people can q up and face u.

3. Game has arenas.

4. No cross server true.

5. Game has open world, u need to make it happen

6. You can duel in this game, which some take pride in that.

Any more questions?

dude, that post was from January of 2012, back then that was true!! Can't really rebuke him for that!

Edited by Sangrar