Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SUGGESTION] Space, Homes and Individuality

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[SUGGESTION] Space, Homes and Individuality

Eegorr
01.02.2012 , 12:54 AM | #21
I agree with everything here (fantastic post) except.... keeping the space combat part. It needs to be gone gone gone and replaced with a propper system where you have full control of your ship.

Things I want to see added here are:

Group missions and PvP

I might be alone on this, but I want it to have more depth -- X-Wing or Tie-Fighter style, and not just shoot guns and missiles. I want to have to manage my resources between shields, guns, and speed.

Have people man your turrets, or man the turrets of your guild ship (this will give the on-rails people something to work with ).

Customize your ship in much the same way that the OP talked about (not only cosmetic stuff, but I agree these are important).

Choose your loadout -- are you a heavy bomber or a dogfighter?

The group missions should be of the type where you need to coordinate your efforts to take down your target.

At any rate. This game has such huge potential. It just worries me a bit that the space combat is going in the direct oposite direction that I would like it to. I agree that the game is new and hence it hasn't been implemented fully. I'm just very concerned in the direction this particular part of the game is going.

Peace, and enjoy the game. I know I am.

Sereneth
01.02.2012 , 09:05 PM | #22
Whoa! So many new posts, looks like I've got a lot to get through, thanks to all of you though!

Quote: Originally Posted by KrelosDarksky View Post
They all seem to be good ideas to me.

Thanks! I'm glad you like them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Thiussat View Post
I like your player housing idea. The ships need to be customizable and we should be allowed to bring other players on board. Also, housing on the actual planets like in SWG would be nice too.

That said, I hope BW uses the next few patch cycles for nothing but fixing bugs and improving the UI. That should be first priority. Get all the old BETA bugs out, make the UI customizable and then go from there.
Thanks! And yes, I do believe major game issues should be ironed out before we head onto large-scale content implementation.

Quote: Originally Posted by crazyjeffy View Post
This glorious thread needs to be bumped
Glorious? Awwwwe! Thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaptainne View Post
Outstanding, could not have written it better myself, and glad I did not have to
Thanks you!

Quote: Originally Posted by junitincorp View Post
you write good, someones an english major
Thank you! Sadly I've not, I suppose I just write a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by RavensDaemon View Post
Excellent ideas. I would like to see more space combat and free form flight.
+1 Bump
Me too! Free form flight just makes the game feel so much more expansive than it already is, thanks for the bump too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Slvc View Post
Bump!

I wouldn't even mind if they created a planet solely for players to develop. Give Republic one side and Imperials another or something, and let us go wild like The Sims (or maybe like SWG? Never played that, though).. Guild ships as a base, player-controlled planet, open-space exploration .. what fun!
Thanks,

Oh, a planet just for player cities... that would be an interesting experience! And it could easily get rid of the requirment for many separate small instanced zones!

Quote: Originally Posted by Yaluk View Post
Asking for SWG things in tor.. sure why not
SWG had a lot of good and bad stuff within it, most of which I felt just wasn't implemented correctly while playing, I'm sure Bioware will do a much better job with the franchise.

Quote: Originally Posted by junitincorp View Post
why have that? coruscant and nar shada are city planets, have us rent an apartment there
Apartments... That is something I've never ever seen in a game, be it MMO or not! And it would certainly give those who wanted an urban-style enviroment a proper place to do so!
The Space Improvements, Player Homes and Individuality Suggestions Thread!

Click Here

Lancs
01.02.2012 , 09:09 PM | #23
Good suggestions. Would love to see these in game soon

Saetet
01.02.2012 , 09:12 PM | #24
Awesome thread, Bump.

Also.. Guild banks!...

Bump. Hehe.

Sereneth
01.02.2012 , 09:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eegorr View Post
I agree with everything here (fantastic post) except.... keeping the space combat part. It needs to be gone gone gone and replaced with a propper system where you have full control of your ship.

Things I want to see added here are:

Group missions and PvP

I might be alone on this, but I want it to have more depth -- X-Wing or Tie-Fighter style, and not just shoot guns and missiles. I want to have to manage my resources between shields, guns, and speed.

Have people man your turrets, or man the turrets of your guild ship (this will give the on-rails people something to work with ).

Customize your ship in much the same way that the OP talked about (not only cosmetic stuff, but I agree these are important).

Choose your loadout -- are you a heavy bomber or a dogfighter?

The group missions should be of the type where you need to coordinate your efforts to take down your target.

At any rate. This game has such huge potential. It just worries me a bit that the space combat is going in the direct oposite direction that I would like it to. I agree that the game is new and hence it hasn't been implemented fully. I'm just very concerned in the direction this particular part of the game is going.

Peace, and enjoy the game. I know I am.
Couldn't quite fit this reply onto the last post, I have to say it's got a lot of brilliant ideas, and thanks for your opinion on my thread!

Oh, ship resources, this could be a LOT of fun! And I especially like the dashing about, manning turrets and everyone having their own job aboard a ship too, it would certainly give guilds or even just a group of friends something to do.

As for the customization, I think it's fairly crucial to the success of the space aspect of TOR, after all there's more than eight cars driving about outside, isn't there?

The loadout idea would certainly give us more variention even more so and could make certain 'ship roles' come into play outside of the standard tank/healer/dps system.

And I agree, the game has fantastic potential and is pretty much in it's infancy at this point, however it's all down to what Bioware chose to include with future content that could be key to it's long term success.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lancs View Post
Good suggestions. Would love to see these in game soon
Thanks, me too!

Quote: Originally Posted by Saetet View Post
Awesome thread, Bump.

Also.. Guild banks!...

Bump. Hehe.
Thanks! I didn't realise we hadn't got guild banks, well, I suppose they'd be guild cargo holds! Certainly something that wouldn't be an unwelcome addition.

Click Here

Sereneth
01.04.2012 , 10:34 AM | #26
Well well, today certainly looks interesting! I've noticed a good few outside sources speaking about space combat and player housing especially, most of which I've stumbled across entirely by accident!

Seems like the area of awareness is growing.

Click Here

crazyjeffy
01.07.2012 , 09:00 PM | #27
This needs more support! GET THE WORD TO BIOWARE

powergirl
01.07.2012 , 09:07 PM | #28
There's lots of extra spaces that are not being used like in Coruscant , maybe they can add more stuff to that space or fill it up with more peds .
Nothing left to say , except that it has been fun ! Thanks for the great times people .

ashrimero
01.08.2012 , 12:37 AM | #29
Great ideas
More options with player housing would take away all the things I don't enjoy about the game..away

Popcorned
01.08.2012 , 12:39 AM | #30
but this game already has individuality

i mean, im a trooper and the leader of a elite force know as havoc squad. since im the only leader of havoc squad and no one else is, doesnt that mean individuality

o wait...