Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual Targeting, are we missing something?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dual Targeting, are we missing something?

Ovanmaru
12.25.2011 , 10:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
What about them? You need them to play the game too? Again, another nice feature but totally not necessary.
Nice, please flame more.

I never said I perosnally use nor needed them to heal.

There are a list of features that the game dose not "NEED" but still exist. Example: percentages and exact hp amounts on health bars. Not needed yet still a feature in the game.

We are not DEMANDING that this feature be added now. We only ask that it be given a fair chance to be added.

Kaphik
12.25.2011 , 10:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ovanmaru View Post
Nice, please flame more.

I never said I perosnally use nor needed them to heal.
Uh, you said, and I quote:

One word: Addons

That's all, originally. You edited your post to add your other comments after mine was posted. Stop being so sensitive.

Ovanmaru
12.25.2011 , 10:45 PM | #13
Uh, you said, and I quote:

That's all, originally. You edited your post to add your other comments after mine was posted. Stop being so sensitive.
I was merely stating that all this feature is...is an advanced addon? Problem?

I'd appreciate it if you actually read my posts

Kaphik
12.25.2011 , 10:47 PM | #14
I was merely stating that all this feature is...is an advanced addon? Problem?

I'd appreciate it if you actually read my posts
I do, and you have been adding to them after posting. However, i agree with you for the most part.

Ovanmaru
12.25.2011 , 10:56 PM | #15
I do, and you have been adding to them after posting. However, i agree with you for the most part.
Yeah sorry, I edit my posts too much XD

My revised point (For the record):

Healbot allows you to cast spells on friendly players WITHOUT even targeting them...allowing you to use your 1 target for offensive targets only.

This feature will actually require you to TARGET both your defensive and offensive targets.

Healbot is an accepted addon while dual targeting gets over looked entirely. Maybe it's just me but I feel like Healbot requires less skill to use than this feature...at least if it was added in WoW.

Why am I using WoW as an example for all of this nonsense? Because it is the MMORPG most of you are knowledgeable with.

Kaphik
12.25.2011 , 10:59 PM | #16
All Healbot is, along with VuhDo, Clique, and the like is a simplified way of combining mouseover macros with unit frame and buff/debuff information. Honestly, if we had mouseover casting in SWTOR we wouldn't need dual targeting. Although with the focus we sort of have dual targeting, but we really should have dual unit frames, one for main target and one for focus target that appears when we set a focus target.

That all being said, I'm pro dual targeting, I loved it in WAR. We don't need it, but it would be a very nice ease of life addition.

StealthStalker
12.29.2011 , 09:23 PM | #17
That all being said, I'm pro dual targeting, I loved it in WAR. We don't need it, but it would be a very nice ease of life addition.
You might not need it, but after leveling an Operative up so far, I sure do. It's rather crazy though, that this is the most fun I've had leveling with how horrible the UI is in general.

Fix the UI, with or without dual targeting (preferably with!), and... well I can only imagine.
Dual Targeting, any AAA MMO released today should have this included. Don't let your next one release without it.
Quote:
So what exactly is Dual Targeting? You have 2 targets available at all times, one offensive and one defensive. That's it, it's that simple.

Aquma
01.19.2012 , 09:08 AM | #18
Dual targeting also opens the door for a new sort of abilities to exist. For example, in WAR there were skills that debuffed/damaged your offensive target while buffing/healing your defensive one. Something like that can't be done with mousover targeting (it can be done with focus target, but only if you decide to mainstream it into the control scheme, if you get my drift). It was cool and provided some healer builds with just a touch of hybridisation, without changing their main role. It made them much more fun to play, at least it did for me.

StealthStalker
01.22.2012 , 01:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aquma View Post
Dual targeting also opens the door for a new sort of abilities to exist. For example, in WAR there were skills that debuffed/damaged your offensive target while buffing/healing your defensive one. Something like that can't be done with mousover targeting (it can be done with focus target, but only if you decide to mainstream it into the control scheme, if you get my drift). It was cool and provided some healer builds with just a touch of hybridisation, without changing their main role. It made them much more fun to play, at least it did for me.
I agree, and covered this in the link I have to the RIFT forums. I originally had it in this post, but due to cutting down in a little bit of bloat ended up taking this portion out. Perhaps I'll re-add it.

Life leech abilities are quite awesome.

Imagine playing a Chloromancer in RIFT with such a feature, instead of the incarnation they have currently.
Dual Targeting, any AAA MMO released today should have this included. Don't let your next one release without it.
Quote:
So what exactly is Dual Targeting? You have 2 targets available at all times, one offensive and one defensive. That's it, it's that simple.

StealthStalker
01.22.2012 , 02:05 PM | #20
Double posted
Quote: