Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In SWTOR the "Real" Game starts at level 1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In SWTOR the "Real" Game starts at level 1

ChadDS
08.06.2012 , 05:37 AM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodwulf View Post
What happens when you hit level cap? That is the difference between a single player game and a MMO. End game IS the game in an MMO, everything else is prologue.
If there truly is nothing for you at "end game", there are eight classes to play through 1-50, which could take a while for many.

BioWare does need to focus some on the more casual aspects of end-game, giving those without the urge or time to do flashpoints and operations something to do, but they also need to support those traditionally end-game paradigms.

I do agree that in an MMO, end-game is important. However, I, too, am more of a "the journey is more important than the destination" type of person. I also have limited time to play, so playing all classes 1-50 to see the story is going to take me quite a while.

Apeth
08.06.2012 , 06:00 AM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Those that are new to MMO's may not fully appreciate this topics title. Let me explain. In most MMO's the "Real" game does not start until you reach the highest level and begin running the "so-called end-game content". Take the king of MMOS, WoW, as an example. The road from 1-85 is an excruciating one where nothing you do will have any impact on your toon at level 85. It is called a "grind" for a reason. WoW is not the only culprit here. Most MMOs follow this same broken paradigm.

SWTOR breaks the paradigm and sets a new one.

In SWTOR the "Real" game starts the moment you see the first cut-scene of your character. Starting at level 1 the decisions you make FORM your character. Each mission, each answer you chose has an impact. The game starts at level 1 -- not at the level end-cap! People, this is HUGE! It is genre-setting! It blows away the current MMO paraqdigm of grinding to end-cap levels.

This is why SWTOR succeeds. It is ground breaking in its approach. It amazingly combines the single player aspect with the MMO one. Dont let the complainers fool you either. There is an absolute TON of group content in this game. Yes -- It is an MMO in every aspect of the word EXCEPT it breaks the grind.

Your SWTOR life begins at level 1.
This is my opinion also.
Gaberiel - 55 - Shadow . Gabe-riel 55 Mara ,Xapeth - 55 - Scoundrel . Jeracho - 55 - Sniper. Constintine - 55 - Merc. A'peth - 55 -Vanguard. Jerecho - 55 - Sentinal. Azekeal - 55- sage. - Founder of SWTOR
The Hexander Legacy.

Dibdabs
08.06.2012 , 06:16 AM | #333
Starting at level 1 the decisions you make FORM your character.
No it doesn't. At least no more so than in any other game. The only difference in SWtOR is you get a few points towards the Light or Dark side, which really has little meaning in the long run. Players make similar choices like this in other MMOs all the time, by way of roleplay.

zappuslol
08.06.2012 , 06:26 AM | #334
In swtor the real game starts at 1, and ends at 50.

There is nothing fun to do at 50.

That poses a question, why pay monthly sub for a single player with co-op?
Everything that has a beginning, has an end.

arkzehhh
08.06.2012 , 06:27 AM | #335
Those that are new to MMO's may not fully appreciate this topics title. Let me explain. In most MMO's the "Real" game does not start until you reach the highest level and begin running the "so-called end-game content". Take the king of MMOS, WoW, as an example. The road from 1-85 is an excruciating one where nothing you do will have any impact on your toon at level 85. It is called a "grind" for a reason. WoW is not the only culprit here. Most MMOs follow this same broken paradigm.

SWTOR breaks the paradigm and sets a new one.

In SWTOR the "Real" game starts the moment you see the first cut-scene of your character. Starting at level 1 the decisions you make FORM your character. Each mission, each answer you chose has an impact. The game starts at level 1 -- not at the level end-cap! People, this is HUGE! It is genre-setting! It blows away the current MMO paraqdigm of grinding to end-cap levels.

This is why SWTOR succeeds. It is ground breaking in its approach. It amazingly combines the single player aspect with the MMO one. Dont let the complainers fool you either. There is an absolute TON of group content in this game. Yes -- It is an MMO in every aspect of the word EXCEPT it breaks the grind.

Your SWTOR life begins at level 1.
Agreed for the most part, but if they want the game to even 'half' succeed, they need to improve things fast or the game will be dead before even they know it... I for one really enjoy the game.. or atleast 'Used' to enjoy it.. but as of late i've been looking elsewhere to play, such as GW2.. but if thing's were improved.. and i mean an overhaul of the game.. it could be around for year's, but as it stand's now it's just not worth the waste of time.

Styxx
08.06.2012 , 08:18 AM | #336
nice necro...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Kaonis
08.06.2012 , 08:28 AM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
No, 3 hours of cut scenes about go collect 10 X on each planet gets old very quickly.
^This.

Outside the first 2 planets of each faction, the quest stories devolve rapidly to just be the same old "Go here and do this!" as your character asks "***? Why can't I just do this and bypass this nonsense?" with a prompt "Cause **** you?".

Your classes story cut scenes are about the only thing worthwhile between 1 and 50, and depending on your class you'll either be bored to tears from boring story, or be bored to tears from all the parts they forced into the stories to justify you being on that planet as long as you are. All I'm saying is, if for future content on my bounty hunter, if I go down to a planet to collect a bounty, I see the dude at the start of the planet and he just gets away AGAIN forcing me to do stupid side quests to beat him at the end, I think someone at Bioware is going to get a kick in the nads.