Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In SWTOR the "Real" Game starts at level 1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In SWTOR the "Real" Game starts at level 1

Paganini
12.29.2011 , 05:05 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by imtrick View Post
Some of them do make quite a bit of difference. Most don't.

Sure, they may not massively impact you a few levels later, but they certainly impact how the game plays out. If you're playing the game for the moment, and not just looking at quests as stepping stones on the road to 50, a lot of them actually matter quite a bit.
I guess I must have missed those impactful decisions then

mozedk
12.29.2011 , 05:15 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by medicalprobe View Post
aww bless, he thinks decisions matter?
Yes I do belive that it does. Why? well when I play my BH, then well how do I define me well through the actions I do.

I like I can choose what way I can kill a story person or if I really whant to kill him.
a little from the BH quest simplified where I liked it.

1 Torture him
2 plain kill him
3 let him go

This kind of thing i really like. That defines my character of how I perceive him. There are also bigger thing but I like stuff like that.

Though you make a condescending remark, I aint hurt by it, I know that all that play isent like me and like different thing.

So again for me it is nice a great. You might not like it and maby it isent a game for you.

Zironic
12.29.2011 , 05:16 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
So, WoWs end-game has been going on for the last 8 years?
WoW's raids, where less than 6% of the player base (Blizzards numbers -- not mine) ever see it, is end game?
Changing your toons play-style with every patch is end-game?

The only "true" end-game that any game can have is PvP. I will let you figure that statement out, as it would take a bit to explain it fully.

Your statement of End-Game IS the game is why MMOs of today fail. This paradigm was created by Blizzard, who because of their paradigm now has to spend months upon months and spend a huge budget in creating so called end-game content every two months. After all that time and money they sit back and watch their "end-game" players burn through it in 2 weeks then head to the forum and scream for more.

You have missed the point of the topic dear Sir. This Paradigm NEEDS to be broken or we will all be stuck playing WoW forever. BW took a chance with SWTOR. They have decided to attack that paradigm.

I for one believe they succeeded.
By definition. End-Game is everything you do once you've completed all the basic content. What you do next depends on person to person, but most MMO's generally allow people to continue playing doing the following things.

*PvP
*Artificially difficult group encounters (Raiding)
*Level all the other classes
*Grind better gear through reputation/tokens/low droprates etc

Or in a more general sense, End-game is usually about being able to continue to improve your character by repeating the old content.

In the case of World of Warcraft, they alter how your character works every few months on purpose, since they know that people get bored doing the same thing over and over they change things to make them a bit more fresh.

Paganini
12.29.2011 , 05:19 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by mozedk View Post
Yes I do belive that it does. Why? well when I play my BH, then well how do I define me well through the actions I do.

I like I can choose what way I can kill a story person or if I really whant to kill him.
a little from the BH quest simplified where I liked it.

1 Torture him
2 plain kill him
3 let him go

This kind of thing i really like. That defines my character of how I perceive him. There are also bigger thing but I like stuff like that.

Though you make a condescending remark, I aint hurt by it, I know that all that play isent like me and like different thing.

So again for me it is nice a great. You might not like it and maby it isent a game for you.
Enjoying your personal story is totally fine, I know I had a blast going through mine.

It just bothers me when people enjoy their story and then try to make it more than what it is. Your story "decisions" have no lasting effect on your character whatsoever. That is the simple fact of the matter. Either I choose to kill a major story character or I choose to save them, either way I get the same exact reward and I never see them ever again.

That is why bull crap like the OP bother me so much, I don't understand how people are okay with him spewing total nonsense like:

Quote:
Take the king of MMOS, WoW, as an example. The road from 1-85 is an excruciating one where nothing you do will have any impact on your toon at level 85... SWTOR breaks the paradigm and sets a new one.

In SWTOR the "Real" game starts the moment you see the first cut-scene of your character. Starting at level 1 the decisions you make FORM your character. Each mission, each answer you chose has an impact. The game starts at level 1 -- not at the level end-cap! People, this is HUGE! It is genre-setting! It blows away the current MMO paraqdigm of grinding to end-cap levels.
Between his redundant heaping of praise onto Bioware his words are downright lies. Your decision don't form your end-game character. From a gameplay perspective, they are totally irrelevant.

Crash-X
12.29.2011 , 05:23 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Paganini View Post
Enjoying your personal story is totally fine, I know I had a blast going through mine.

It just bothers me when people enjoy their story and then try to make it more than what it is. Your story "decisions" have no lasting effect on your character whatsoever. That is the simple fact of the matter. Either I choose to kill a major story character or I choose to save them, either way I get the same exact reward and I never see them ever again.

That is why bull crap like the OP bother me so much, I don't understand how people are okay with him spewing total nonsense like:

Between his redundant heaping of praise onto Bioware his words are downright lies. Your decision don't form your end-game character. From a gameplay perspective, they are totally irrelevant.
Umm...if you kill a major character in YOUR story then yes...your decisions matter.

If I was watching Episode VI and wanted Luke to turn darkside but it didn't happen, my decision does not matter. In this game I can have my Jedi go dark or light, be a hero or anti-hero. Romance up another Jedi or simply not.

Sorry but changing YOUR story means it matters. Unless you were expecting your choices to change the game or something which is very unreasonable.

Mashy
12.29.2011 , 05:25 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodwulf View Post
WOW ,you must set the bar awefully low for "spectacular".
Nah you just have no imagination or sense of adventure.

DuskD
12.29.2011 , 05:25 AM | #107
The true Demon's Souls starts here..... oh wait, wrong game!

mozedk
12.29.2011 , 05:26 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Paganini View Post

Well I hope that in future context of the game my decitions have a big effect, I have to say my BH is only level 40, so I dont know how big an effect will be later.
But yes I do understand what you meen.
I hope that in expansions your decitions will have a big impact if you have killed him or not. In the way of what you will be able to do. But time will tell the game is still young.

Waku
12.29.2011 , 05:32 AM | #109
Amen to this post...agree totally. There are things that I would like to see done better and added but this game is AMAZING from day 1.

Ravenger
12.29.2011 , 05:35 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Reecelol View Post
if you think cut scenes and voice acting make the quest anything but "pick up 10x item" or "kill 10x boars" youre fooling yourself.
if you skip the cutscene then yes the quest becomes a generic kill quest. and tbh if thats your thing then go for it.

but i want the game to fool me into thinking it is more, by use of a cutscene. it inmensly increases my enjoyment of that mundane quest. context is everything in this game. and it is also the reason why i cant go back to WoW.
I'm a student, if my posts seem to harsh or absolute feel free to coat them with "in my opinion" or "as I see it"
"Strategy guides are a sign of weakness"