Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter 1 Ending ned some help. (Spoiler)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Chapter 1 Ending ned some help. (Spoiler)

SporadicusDecoy
12.28.2011 , 04:24 PM | #1
Hey, guys.

I was just wondering if you guys know how to defeat Darth Zash effectively at the end of Chapter 1. I can't get someone into my instance. I've already put a ticket in for that.

Other people have had trouble, and one of them was a level 35 that I helped them get through her afterwards.

I'm level 32 Sorceror.

I've tried interrupting her as much as possible with Jolt, Electrocute, and Overload. I've shielded and healed Khem as much as possible. I've used Channel the Force, my relics, and even some medpacks when she starts aiming for me.

It's annoying when she has a ton of HP and can hit like a truck. Not to mention she has Force Storm and a couple other abilities I don't have.

No luck.

Does anyone have any good strategies?
POWER!! UNLIMITED - !!! Wait . . . where'd my batteries go?!?

Aqualisk
12.28.2011 , 04:26 PM | #2
Don't stand in Force Storm. When she uses put your companion on passive to get them to walk out of it. Interrupting or negating that ability is your #1 priority when fighting her. Do that and the rest of the fight isn't that difficult.

BlazingShadow
12.28.2011 , 04:26 PM | #3
flashpoint gear

Cantina beverage for +presence+

Bring a friend if you're not very good.

gelfling
12.28.2011 , 04:41 PM | #4
I'm a healing spec. Sorcerer and did this at level 35. I didn't have any stims on me so I focused the main bulk of my effort on healing Khem (resurgence + dark heal + infusion & innervate) whilst keeping both him and my Sorcerer shielded at all times. I interrupted Zash as often as possible and dashed clear out of the way of her lightning when I wasn't able to interrupt the skill. Lightning storm has a large area of effect so it's important to get yourself right out of the way when she casts that on you.

Good luck!
"Words, like Nature, half reveal/And half conceal the Soul within."
~ Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Vreivai
12.29.2011 , 03:26 AM | #5
Try using the terrain to your advantage. LoS her casts behind any available pillars, and look for other features that you could use. Don't forget that you can also kite her if her melee attacks are a problem. You have force slow, force speed, overload, and force lightning at your disposal for this.
Why can't I electrocute everyone I meet?

Soazak
12.29.2011 , 07:44 AM | #6
I opened the fight doing as much dps as possible to take agro from her, then just kited her around the pillars. All of her abilities seem to be casted, and fail to land if you're out of sight.

Takes a while

I was Lightning spec btw, but pretty much stuck to dots. Perhaps Madness will work well.

Heimskringla
12.29.2011 , 11:01 AM | #7
I was a level 32 Corruption spec'd Sorc. Switch Khem to his combat/DPS stance. Send him to attack her.

The key is simply to interrupt/electrocute/overload Zash every time she uses Force Storm or Chain Lightning. I found it helpful to keep my target on Zash so I could see when she was going to cast an offensive ability. Switch to Khem when he needs a new bubble or heals and then quickly switch back to Zash.

Do not interrupt Zash's healing abilities. She doesn't heal for much. This fight relies quite a lot on correctly rotating your interrupts and crowd control skills. It's one of the more challenging fights for most players in the early game.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.