Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Unlock: Class Titles

Ylliarus
04.13.2020 , 04:39 AM | #1
This specific feature of the Legacy Unlocks system would target the characters who have skipped the class stories - either through the Cartel Market token or by accepting the appropriate missions on their ship terminal - specifically. However, this feature would only be available to players who have finished the respective class stories at least once before, through an achievement restriction. So, the idea would be as following:

In the Legacy Unlocks there would be 8 new buttons, namely one for each of the 8 overarching classes we have ingame, namely Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor and so on. Each button would be restricted, first of all to the class that they give the titles for. So, only a Smuggler can get the Smuggler titles. Only a Jedi Consular can get the Jedi Consular titles. Then, the second restriction would be the achievement you get for completing chapter 3 of each respective class story. So, for example, the Sith Warrior button would require to have completed the last mission of chapter 3 which finished the class story. If a player has that specific achievement, they can unlock the class titles for another Sith Warrior toon that skipped the class stories. However, if a player doesn't have that achievement for the Sith Warrior class story, they can't unlock the button to reclaim the class titles for another Sith Warrior toon that skipped the class stories. The same would apply for each respective class of course.

This way the system can ensure that the class stories have to be earned at least once before, in order to have them be more easily reclaimable on other toons. After all, if we unlock an outfit in Collections once already, we want to have it be readily available on all other toons as well, no? A system like this would ensure the same for class titles, which in a sense are mostly vanity displays as well. The Lord or Darth title doesn't give any special edge over any other player, plus, how can another player tell if the nameplate carrying a class title had earned the title or unlocked it? They can't, so it doesn't create any imbalance either in game mechanics or perceptually. It would simply be a QoL improvement for players who have completed the class stories numerous times before but would still like to have the titles on toons that skipped the story. Because as it stands, toons that skipped the class stories do not have the ability to go back and still earn the class titles. This way, they'd have an alternative method to still gt access to them.

Employing a system like the one described here would be fair, in my opinion.
The One, True Lord Ryssius
Playing SWTOR since November 2012
Darth Malgus [EU]

Ylliarus
04.13.2020 , 04:56 PM | #2
I tweeted the thread at Charles Boyd and got a reply on the subject!

This is his response: https://twitter.com/Charles_Boyd/sta...93749451665410

In other words, hopefully this will be a feature in the (near) future
Darth Malgus [EU]

DarkTergon
04.13.2020 , 10:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post

we can hope, or it might just be a polite brush off
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SteveTheCynic
04.14.2020 , 12:13 AM | #4

No. In other words, he'll pass on the idea to the people in charge of deciding to include or not include features.

That's a good thing, but whether it gets included is anybody's guess. I mean, sure, he's Charles Boyd, head storywriter blah blah blah, and not the cleaner's precocious nephew, so his word carries some weight there, but you shouldn't get your hopes up *too* much.

That said, the basis you outlined *is* reasonable, unlike the normal "Waaah! I want my class title without actually playing the story!" threads we've seen in the past (er, ever since 4.0 was released). +1 from my side.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Ylliarus
04.15.2020 , 06:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
No. In other words, he'll pass on the idea to the people in charge of deciding to include or not include features.

That's a good thing, but whether it gets included is anybody's guess. I mean, sure, he's Charles Boyd, head storywriter blah blah blah, and not the cleaner's precocious nephew, so his word carries some weight there, but you shouldn't get your hopes up *too* much.
Ahem...

Surely this is indication enough that it's my hope this will be included in the future, not that I believe it will appear in the game without a single doubt :P I get the feeling people on these forums enjoy trying to shoot down other people's hopes a little too much, but maybe that's just me xD

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
That said, the basis you outlined *is* reasonable, unlike the normal "Waaah! I want my class title without actually playing the story!" threads we've seen in the past (er, ever since 4.0 was released). +1 from my side.
Of course! I don't see why someone should be able to have easy access to something they haven't earned at least once before. The idea is targeting the players who have played the class stories multiple times in the past and want to create a new character without having to go through all that again, but who would still like to have the titles for vanity purposes. Or for roleplaying purposes, I know enough roleplayers who create NPCs for guild plots/arcs and who would want to use the titles to further the immersion of the RP they create.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
we can hope, or it might just be a polite brush off
Having interacted with Charles Boyd several times before on Twitter, I highly doubt it is a polite brush off when Mr. Boyd says he will pass it along to the team, I believe that is exactly what he'll do! He's a great guy like that
Darth Malgus [EU]

Ylliarus
04.17.2020 , 05:44 PM | #6
A feature like this would especially make sense now that we have the option to regain all our previous titles and holdings with the choice in Onslaught. If for example a Sith Inquisitor rejoins the Sith Empire, they are made Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius once more (albeit my Inquisitors never stopped being that but details) and a Sith Warrior becomes the Empire's Wrath yet again.
Darth Malgus [EU]

DarkGruffalo
04.18.2020 , 07:42 AM | #7
Having interacted with Charles Boyd several times before on Twitter, I highly doubt it is a polite brush off when Mr. Boyd says he will pass it along to the team, I believe that is exactly what he'll do! He's a great guy like that
That's always good to know, haven't dealt with the gentlman myself. I guess it'll all be in the devs hands, would be cool though, not that i have many that skipped...lol, just the 2 freebies, byt it would be nice to get their titles.
What out, there's snowflakes about, Crying about hurt feelings, no doubt,
Watch out for the Ban Hammer,It's going to cause a might Clamor

Click for free stuff for both of us ---> "Click Me"

Ylliarus
04.18.2020 , 05:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGruffalo View Post
That's always good to know, haven't dealt with the gentlman myself. I guess it'll all be in the devs hands, would be cool though, not that i have many that skipped...lol, just the 2 freebies, byt it would be nice to get their titles.
It's primarily for vanity, but the titles make the characters and toons feel more complete. This would be one way to pretty up their nameplates with their class specific titles
Darth Malgus [EU]

Ylliarus
04.26.2020 , 05:44 PM | #9
What do people think of this idea? Is this something players would like for their own characters?
Darth Malgus [EU]

DarkTergon
04.26.2020 , 08:21 PM | #10
What do people think of this idea? Is this something players would like for their own characters?
I'd give it a +1 support
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ