Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

/Say is useless in this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
/Say is useless in this game.

Zeukin's Avatar


Zeukin
12.28.2011 , 04:20 PM | #1
OK so the /say command is useless at the moment , anything I would say would get drowned by the general chat , it would be better if what you wrote in /say would show up on top of your guys head like it would in WoW, or something similar.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
12.28.2011 , 05:26 PM | #2
It's not useless, it's merely situational.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

santamaycry's Avatar


santamaycry
12.28.2011 , 05:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
It's not useless, it's merely situational.
This just in, talking in an MMO is situational

Chat Bubbles is just another BASIC feature of an MMO that SWTOR decided to launch without. That includes but is not limited to:

-Combat log
-UI Customization
-Rewards for open world PVP

Venan's Avatar


Venan
12.28.2011 , 05:30 PM | #4
As I understand it, BioWare said they are working on adding speech bubbles to fix this issue.
Jai-Ko Venan ::: :::
Eternal Vigilance ::: Recruitment Thread ::: SWTOR Guild HQ ::: :::

CoopDeDoop's Avatar


CoopDeDoop
12.28.2011 , 05:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeukin View Post
OK so the /say command is useless at the moment , anything I would say would get drowned by the general chat , it would be better if what you wrote in /say would show up on top of your guys head like it would in WoW, or something similar.
I actually happen to agree. I liked that aspect of their chat system. I wouldn't call SW system broken, but I would like to see chat bubbles make a comeback...
We are in tune with Mother Earth, therefore we are in tune with life itself ~Coop(2011)

CoopDeDoop's Avatar


CoopDeDoop
12.28.2011 , 05:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Venan View Post
As I understand it, BioWare said they are working on adding speech bubbles to fix this issue.
Yay!!!
We are in tune with Mother Earth, therefore we are in tune with life itself ~Coop(2011)

foulcault's Avatar


foulcault
12.28.2011 , 05:34 PM | #7
If general chat is drowning out other chat you could make another chat tabe and remove the chats you don't want. that's what I do for party/IM chats.

Now if they could just make it so it wouldn't reset to party or general chat after an IM...
I speak the rare language of typonese. I'm like a smuggler I type fast, get the job done, and never come back to the scene of the crime.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
12.28.2011 , 05:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by santamaycry View Post
This just in, talking in an MMO is situational

Chat Bubbles is just another BASIC feature of an MMO that SWTOR decided to launch without. That includes but is not limited to:

-Combat log
-UI Customization
-Rewards for open world PVP
If you want to take things out of context; breathing is situational too. The topic was about using the chat features, which makes the use of /say situational, since you won't talk in say to somebody on another planet, at least I hope you did not try so.

Having the "basics" you speak of, aren't a requirement to be a mmorpg, as such they are extra features; though I agree I would appreciate having them, it doesn't change the fact, it's not mandatory.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Jxspyder's Avatar


Jxspyder
12.28.2011 , 06:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeukin View Post
OK so the /say command is useless at the moment , anything I would say would get drowned by the general chat , it would be better if what you wrote in /say would show up on top of your guys head like it would in WoW, or something similar.
Given that you can make a new tab, and block everything but /say...how is it useless again? Oh, wait....it's not.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

Gaun's Avatar


Gaun
12.28.2011 , 06:46 PM | #10
Really another thread about chat bubbles?

It's not that I disagree and I am fairly sure BioWare are working on it.. But there has been at least 20 chat bubble threads. xD

We know we know. Relaaaaaaaaaaax...