Medal revamp in pvp to help improve quality of play (which has been degraded).

TrixxieTriss

A Massive problem in pvp for many years now is people ignoring the objectives.

This idea I have isn’t a silver bullet to fix it (not by itself) .But one of many ideas that could gradually steer the community back towards objectives to win instead of just farming dps numbers at the expense of winning.

The medal and objective points system on the final score boards needs a revamp.

A prime example. I just scored 6 goals in Hutt ball, and stopped them scoring multiple times, but my objective points is half the amount of the top dps guy who spend all match off to the side farming dps numbers and not helping.

I literally came second last in medals and 3rd last in objective points,

I even solo scored 3 times because I had no one to help me and I grabbed the ball first every respawn.

This is the problem with the objective part of the game.

The medals mean nothing cause they don’t represent player contribution to the team.

The objective points seem to mean less in some maps than others. ie, the objective of Hutt ball is to score to win. But when ever I play to win by scoring, I end up near the bottom of the objective points. It makes no sense because most of the matches I score 50-100% of of our goals.

If objectives points were distributed better and based on player contribution to winning, then the medal system could also be tweaked more that way too.

I propose an overhaul of both of them and then add extra rewards the higher your objective points and medals. Even if you lose, you could theoretically get higher objective points than people on the winning team if you played the objectives to win.

I know this won’t fully fix the situation, but it would be a good step forward and would make it easier for new players to look at the score board and see how much they contributed instead them only looking at their dps numbers and not even giving the conquest points or medal system a second glance.

I know things are tough at the moment with covid-19 and this isn’t at the top of the priority list. But it would be greatly appreciated if you could look at this proposal (When you get a chance) as objective pvp and Pvpers are a dying breed. So many of my objective brethren have quit the game because people only want to death match as there is little to no incentive to play to win doing the objectives. And new pvpers or returning pvpers end up joining the number farming crowd because they have little incentive or choice when no one else cares. Hence they are learning bad habits from the start.

I have other suggestions to help steer objective pvp back towards objective play. Most of it should not be too resource taxing (as far as I can see)m;)

If you would like the expanded version of ideas that myself and others have put together over the years, please respond and let us know and we can spend the time brain storming and list the suggestions.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter and we await your reply :D

PS, stay safe Bio-dudes and Dudetts in this trying time. I wish you all the best and pray to see you all on the other side. 💕

A Massive problem in pvp for many years now is people ignoring the objectives.

This idea I have isn’t a silver bullet to fix it (not by itself) .But one of many ideas that could gradually steer the community back towards objectives to win instead of just farming dps numbers at the expense of winning.

The medal and objective points system on the final score boards needs a revamp.

A prime example. I just scored 6 goals in Hutt ball, and stopped them scoring multiple times, but my objective points is half the amount of the top dps guy who spend all match off to the side farming dps numbers and not helping.

I literally came second last in medals and 3rd last in objective points,

I even solo scored 3 times because I had no one to help me and I grabbed the ball first every respawn.

This is the problem with the objective part of the game.

The medals mean nothing cause they don’t represent player contribution to the team.

The objective points seem to mean less in some maps than others. ie, the objective of Hutt ball is to score to win. But when ever I play to win by scoring, I end up near the bottom of the objective points. It makes no sense because most of the matches I score 50-100% of of our goals.

If objectives points were distributed better and based on player contribution to winning, then the medal system could also be tweaked more that way too.

I propose an overhaul of both of them and then add extra rewards the higher your objective points and medals. Even if you lose, you could theoretically get higher objective points than people on the winning team if you played the objectives to win.

I know this won’t fully fix the situation, but it would be a good step forward and would make it easier for new players to look at the score board and see how much they contributed instead them only looking at their dps numbers and not even giving the conquest points or medal system a second glance.

I know things are tough at the moment with covid-19 and this isn’t at the top of the priority list. But it would be greatly appreciated if you could look at this proposal (When you get a chance) as objective pvp and Pvpers are a dying breed. So many of my objective brethren have quit the game because people only want to death match as there is little to no incentive to play to win doing the objectives. And new pvpers or returning pvpers end up joining the number farming crowd because they have little incentive or choice when no one else cares. Hence they are learning bad habits from the start.

I have other suggestions to help steer objective pvp back towards objective play. Most of it should not be too resource taxing (as far as I can see)m;)

If you would like the expanded version of ideas that myself and others have put together over the years, please respond and let us know and we can spend the time brain storming and list the suggestions.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter and we await your reply :D

PS, stay safe Bio-dudes and Dudetts in this trying time. I wish you all the best and pray to see you all on the other side. 💕

I agree that a revamping of the medal system should happen, no doubt. It would enrich the PVP experience if there was a system in place that better rewarded and represented what a player actually contributes to the match.

I don't think that DPS, HPS, Guarding, and other statistics should be removed though as I view them equally important to the "objective" style of play in a match, even in 8v8s. These achievements ought to be recognized, still.

I think a lot of opportunities for other features to be added or modified could come with a revamp of the medal system, for example this could also allow BW to create a bunch of new titles that would be possible to gain.

Died to a Jugg 10 times in one WZ/match? John Doe, The Soul-Crushed. You know, a bad example of a new title, I am not good at naming things someone else would have to come up with better ideas but still you get what I mean.

OP, I agree, the medal system does need to be revised to encourage players to actually participate in WZs the way they were meant to be. I don't know what server you're on, but I don't see number farming as big as a problem as you describe. Still, it's no fun winding up on a team that is only there to self-fellate their epeen. They must all be billionaires too with all BiS gear and amps, because they don't care about credits or RXP either, since you get more for wins...sometimes a lot more.

Don't dangle a carrot in front of the devs like this. That's such an obvious ploy and an insult to their intelligence. They're not going to go for it. Just share all your ideas. If you really think that's going to get a BW post then I've got a lightbridge you'd be interested in buying.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

I agree with the OP that we need more incentive to play objectives.

I feel that there’s a simple solution. First, let’s add medals for ATTEMPTING objectives. In particular, in huttball, I feel there should be substantial medals awarded for attacking the ball carrier. For Yavin, add points for fighting near an enemy controlled point. Second, let’s take out the completely idiotic medals “do 6k damage in a single hit” etc. I think this would help with class balance in medals and encourage objective play.

I agree that a revamping of the medal system should happen, no doubt. It would enrich the PVP experience if there was a system in place that better rewarded and represented what a player actually contributes to the match.

I don't think that DPS, HPS, Guarding, and other statistics should be removed though as I view them equally important to the "objective" style of play in a match, even in 8v8s. These achievements ought to be recognized, still.

^This, i think these still need medals, etc. But so do people who go for objectives. Remember, on a lot of maps, onnly one person can get the objective at a time, ie, plant a bomb, score the huttball, light up the pylon, even if others help, they won't get recognised as doing so.

You get credit for capturing a node in Civil War and Yavin, even if you're not doing the interacting but are in the general vicinity. Don't see why they can't do that for other modes. You also get points for taking down the huttball carrier when they die if you've attacked them, but I don't know how much damage you have to contribute for credit. By far though, the easiest way to earn medals is through your role: tank, damage, heals, which is the root of this problem. While each of those are relevant: protecting teammates, healing teammates, and killing enemies, killing is the one that gets abused the most.

I agree, there should be more points handed out for assists. In Huttball, if you pass, your teammate has to score within a few seconds to get an assist. That window should be widened. There's none for Voidstar, for instance, and I'm not sure about Proving Grounds giving points for assisting a capture. There could be points awarded for:

• Stopping someone from capturing an objective (more points the closer the enemy is to completing the interaction)
  • Directly stopping someone from interrupting the capture of an objective
  • Attempting to capture an objective (more points the closer you get to capturing)

I agree with the OP that we need more incentive to play objectives.

I feel that there’s a simple solution. First, let’s add medals for ATTEMPTING objectives. In particular, in huttball, I feel there should be substantial medals awarded for attacking the ball carrier. For Yavin, add points for fighting near an enemy controlled point. Second, let’s take out the completely idiotic medals “do 6k damage in a single hit” etc. I think this would help with class balance in medals and encourage objective play.

This could backfire. The number farmers could just start TDMing closer to the objectives. I don't think there is an easy solution to this. Another thing they could do is revise the kick system. As it stands, it's only for AFKers, as it requires a unanimous vote, and as soon as they interact with something, the vote is cancelled. This could open it up for abuse though, and there are usually several farmers in a match.

Perhaps there is a way that they could make it so that anyone not attempting objectives gets flagged for kicking, and then it only requires a confirmation vote to begin a countdown. If the flagged player does not attempt an objective in the given time, then they are kicked. This would help when it's only you and maybe another person playing the match seriously...which has happened to me on occasion. If possible, this could minimize abuse, as long as you don't get caught in the frenzy en route to an objective.

Another thing they could attempt is add predetermined reasons for kicking, so if someone is hostile for instance, you could flag them for harassment. The game then looks for aggressive language from that person and if they run their mouth too much, they get kicked. This would be hard to implement though.

C'mon, OP! Share with us your ideas.

Edited by Tofu_Shark