Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

open letter to bioware re: grace period

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
open letter to bioware re: grace period

zakyra
12.13.2011 , 05:43 PM | #11
i see no harm in grace period, if u r willing to pay for the days you use

whats wrong with giving us some cusion for snail mail
__zakara__zakera__zak'ra__zakora__zakura__zakyra__

The SIX Legacy: the six sides of ZAK

MrNybble
12.13.2011 , 05:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
As i said before the forum wipe
NO matter what Bioware achieve with the launch, their success will be over shadowed by the Grace period issue
For what its worth <Sign> But I agree that this grace period issue will be the benchmark. One week would be enough to make sure we have our keys. I can't believe that they would do that to the users but time will tell.
The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move...Douglas Adams

Squake
12.13.2011 , 05:45 PM | #13
/agree

Guerillaboy
12.13.2011 , 05:47 PM | #14
Ill agree the grace period kind of sucks. Im off usually Tues/Weds, however UPS doesnt deliver until close to 5pm. So essentially I am wasting most of the launch day not being able to play.

robertszak
12.13.2011 , 05:49 PM | #15
I'll sign, but not holding my breath.

In the meantime, this video still makes me laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DFT1Jwf4j0

Asuka
12.13.2011 , 05:50 PM | #16
No grace period. It is what it is. You'll live.

Pthulhu
12.13.2011 , 05:52 PM | #17
I agree them dangling a grace period in our faces then taking it away is a ***** move.
Well both Star Wars trilogies feature Protagonists who do nothing but whine. Luke and Anakin are two huge crybabies so it stands to reason that the fan base would be full of whiners as well.

pyradius
12.13.2011 , 05:52 PM | #18
Now while it may be that Walmart.com support is incorrect, this is what I was told regarding my CE order.

"Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your order status.

XxX we are more than glad to help you with this matter. We tracked your order ### for Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition (PC/ Mac) and our records indicate the package is in order status,and it will ""ship"" on 12/20."

Note that he puts ship in quotes, which seems pretty specific to me. So I get to play potentially a couple days early, then I get to wait for a physical copy of the game to arrive even though I have the game installed? I too took off vacation around this time, which is really a bummer that there is no grace period or that the retailers at the very least can't email you the product key ahead of time before the actual hard copy arrives. I may just go in on my vacation days and take them closer to Christmas, heh...

jbfrazie
12.13.2011 , 05:53 PM | #19
Get over it, should have gone to gamestop and gotten your preorder code like I did, day 1 preorder redemption, will have my CE at 10am on the 20th, I'll be good to go. If I can do it, you can do it.

Kaffeine
12.13.2011 , 05:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jbfrazie View Post
Get over it, should have gone to gamestop and gotten your preorder code like I did, day 1 preorder redemption, will have my CE at 10am on the 20th, I'll be good to go. If I can do it, you can do it.
Not so easy. Some of us aren't American. Besides, it doesn't excuse the blatant bait and switch on Bioware/EA's part. It's left a real sour taste in many customers mouths.