Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

Zombull
12.29.2011 , 01:14 PM | #41
Hmm. I rather like the hood up look. I want the hood toggle because I often find hood-down drops and I find it silly there's a hood right there on my back but I can't put it up over my head.

So here's another Jedi Knight agreeing with you...if not exactly for the same reason.

Polebreaker
12.29.2011 , 01:35 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule.

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.
I appreciate the reply and your position in this. The thing is, as we've tried to describe, there really is nothing for the art department to do here.

You can approach this in two ways.

Itemization fix - Put copies of existing hooded robes in the game, on the same vendors with the same stats and costs, but use the existing hoodless models that dont seem to be used.

Code fix - Simply include the same option that checks for twilek race (which removes hoods) and add that to the "no helmet option" in preferences. Again, this code exists, it just needs to check for one more thing.

Done and done. No art team required.

Strayth
12.29.2011 , 01:41 PM | #43
Quote:
Code fix - Simply include the same option that checks for twilek race (which removes hoods) and add that to the "no helmet option" in preferences. Again, this code exists, it just needs to check for one more thing.

Done and done. No art team required.
The Twi'lek option is in NO WAY acceptable for any other race. The Twi'leks have NO HOOD. We want HOOD DOWN.

LetoAtreidesII
12.29.2011 , 01:44 PM | #44
I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule.

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.
It is hogwash. The art team doesn't have to do ANYTHING. For any hooded robe in the game, equip a helmet (any non-circlet helmet or goggles), and the hood goes down. All the artwork is very clearly and obviously done. Anyone can test this themselves. Not only is the artwork done, but the programming for making hood go down is done as well since equipping a helmet or goggles already does it. All they have to do is make a check box do the same thing that equipping a helmet or goggles already does on live right now.

JohnRoy
12.29.2011 , 02:18 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
I haven't played Republic, but is there not an equivalent armor to this http://www.torhead.com/item/6eX5aDe on Rep side that your Synthweavers can make?

It even comes in a Heavy version... http://www.torhead.com/item/1VcXPR4
No! As far as I know, we don't. All of the moddable Heavy armors and most (all but one?) of the moddable Medium armors are hood up.

Do you know if there are class requirements for that armor? I'm pretty sure you can buy cross faction gear on Nar Shadaa. Perhaps an Imp synthweaver would make me a heavy one? I'd pay top dollar. Top credit? Any info about that chest piece would be well appreciated.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

carnac_fett
12.29.2011 , 02:23 PM | #46

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I was wondering what the rationale is behind rushing the game out in a bug-filled state to take advantage of Christmas sales, then allowing large portions of the development team to take the rest of December off while players struggle with the effects of the rushed launch?
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

wadecounty
12.29.2011 , 02:40 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I was wondering what the rationale is behind rushing the game out in a bug-filled state to take advantage of Christmas sales, then allowing large portions of the development team to take the rest of December off while players struggle with the effects of the rushed launch?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Strayth
12.29.2011 , 02:46 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
It is hogwash. The art team doesn't have to do ANYTHING. For any hooded robe in the game, equip a helmet (any non-circlet helmet or goggles), and the hood goes down. All the artwork is very clearly and obviously done. Anyone can test this themselves. Not only is the artwork done, but the programming for making hood go down is done as well since equipping a helmet or goggles already does it. All they have to do is make a check box do the same thing that equipping a helmet or goggles already does on live right now.
Can't you READ THE FREAKIN POST ABOVE YOURS ? YOU CAN'T ?

It doesn't get you a hood down. It makes the hood GO AWAY. And it looks kinda lame.

Polebreaker
12.29.2011 , 02:53 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
Can't you READ THE FREAKIN POST ABOVE YOURS ? YOU CAN'T ?

It doesn't get you a hood down. It makes the hood GO AWAY. And it looks kinda lame.
Calm down.

It's an option, it's easy, and it looks better than what we have atm.

Strayth
12.29.2011 , 03:01 PM | #50
Not really, the "normal bodies" are rather skinny, with no hood at all, the neck looks terrible.

Hood down = Epic

No hood = Lame

Hood = Bald.

So I'd rather new pieces with hood down, instead of a broken option, while waiting for the real hood toggle (with hood down).