Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

Hoarwolf
12.29.2011 , 11:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
I am wearing a piece called the Aspiring Knight's Vest. You can check it on Torhead. I don't have a screen shot, but it looks like the gear you are in on Tython if you do all of the missions, at the time you make your saber. It's grey and tan with a hood (in the down position, lol) and some arcane sort of patterns in the tan part. There are straps with buckles around the arms. It's not the best, but it looks Jedi-ish and you can see your character's face.

The armor hit you take as long as everything else on your guy is Heavy is minimal, especially if you are DPS.

I got it on the Galactic Trade Network on Carrick Station. It's Orange, level 11 required. There's usually a few of them, as it's a common early drop for Sentinels. Happy to help a fellow sufferer of Hood Depression Sydrome.
Thank you!

Edit: Just found one. Now I can play my guardian again. THANKS!

JohnRoy
12.29.2011 , 11:58 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule.

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.
Thank you very much for answering. As I said in the beginning, a toggle isn't necessary. We just want to look like the Jedis we were shown on this website and hood down armors are a perfectly acceptable solution. We in the Knight community are eager to hear the Dev's response.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Jedi_Moat
12.29.2011 , 12:13 PM | #33
The fact is it already exist's in the game the question is why are we not allowed access to it.

Or we already have access to it but we have not found the right schematics.
I was born Sith, raised by Jedi.
I am neither Hero nor Villian.
My future is Clouded, but one thing is certain. In this great conflict I control my Destiny

tokyov
12.29.2011 , 12:15 PM | #34
I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule.

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.
its a considerable task? SR said its difficult? What are we paying you monthly subs for? To fix easy bugs?

Stop saying its complicated/difficult and just get it done.
A proud member of the Mandalorian Empire Sith Guild

Apply
HERE

Brightblack
12.29.2011 , 12:17 PM | #35
I support this wholeheartedly.

How my character looks is very important to my enjoyment of the game. Right now I am using a set of orange gear meant for a smuggler. While I like how I look, and it's much better then the ubiquitous fat-butt wizard robe, I would MUCH prefer these armours.

If my Sentinel could look like this - I would be the happiest Jedi in the galaxy!

There really needs to be a reevaluation of the Jedi look. It's a total drag to dangle this cool-armour carrot for the years leading up to release, then when the game launches force feed your new Jedi a steady diet of brussel sprouts.

Arglaar
12.29.2011 , 12:27 PM | #36
I haven't played Republic, but is there not an equivalent armor to this http://www.torhead.com/item/6eX5aDe on Rep side that your Synthweavers can make?

It even comes in a Heavy version... http://www.torhead.com/item/1VcXPR4

Strayth
12.29.2011 , 12:43 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith View Post
its a considerable task? SR said its difficult? What are we paying you monthly subs for? To fix easy bugs?

Stop saying its complicated/difficult and just get it done.
That's being pretty rude. He takes the time to answer and that's all you can get ?

First of all, he's NOT on the dev team, and second, he's done his best by telling the dev team that the hood and large bustle were huge problems for the players. He's done HIS job. That's his job. He doesn't have to fix anything, and he's already doing A LOT for the community. So please show some respect.

As for the dev team, well, they HAVE to fix it eventually, as i'm also depressed to play a char that doesn't fit what I wanted (while it was advertised as otherwise), BUT, there are many major bugs that come before that. For instance the game runs fine everywhere, but I can't play BG because the FPS drops to 5 - 10 each time. I don't mind it as long as I have story to go through, but once 50 that will be a major problem. They need to fix the "game breaking" issue before they take care of the cosmetics.

And thanks to Stephen, they're aware of the cosmetics problems, which is a great step forward. (as for months, we've been in total dark about those issues)

So Thank you Stephen for the general info and dedication. And don't mind the trolls.

Also, for the "imperial" guy, no we do not have this "version" on the republic side.

wadecounty
12.29.2011 , 12:47 PM | #38

Thank you Mr. Reid! If you can, let them know that just adding hood down options is a perfectly acceptable compromise for us right now, the toggle isn't necessary. We just want to have at least the choice of a hood down look.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
I haven't played Republic, but is there not an equivalent armor to this http://www.torhead.com/item/6eX5aDe on Rep side that your Synthweavers can make?

It even comes in a Heavy version... http://www.torhead.com/item/1VcXPR4
Unfortunately, no, that's why this is such a hot issue on the Knight boards. There isn't a single Heavy Armor robed look for Jedi Knights in the game right now with the hood down, and the only Medium Armor options are the vest styles, not robes.

kithsyn
12.29.2011 , 12:52 PM | #39
Agreed with OP. As a twilek Jedi knight , I really need to option of putting the hood down.

Even the twilek Jedis in the game have their head exposed. It just makes sense.

Edit: thanks for the response from the team!!

Strayth
12.29.2011 , 12:56 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by kithsyn View Post
Agreed with OP. As a twilek Jedi knight , I really need to option of putting the hood up.

Even the twilek Jedis in the game have their head exposed. It just makes sense.
Though, two problems here :

1) Addind "hoodless pieces" will in no way let Twi'leks have hoods.

2) The Twi'leks don't have hoods at all, just like when you put a helmet on. That's quite different (looks a hundred times less cool) than a "hood down".