Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

photoheathen
12.31.2011 , 07:19 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule.

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.
Stephen, I appreciate the response, but I'd like to know where all the gear went for JKs that didn't have hoods in the first place. For 5 months in beta I ran around with hoodless chest pieces. I wore full spandex body suits at times. I wore thick collared robes with no hood at all. I wore lots and lots of different gear. This goes for the Sith side too. I wore countless looks as a Mara during beta. They're all gone now, replaced by basically one singular "look."

A lot of folks here don't realize that there was a time in this game when there were a great variety of different "looks." I would like to know where all those beta assets went. They exist...why aren't they in the game?

Strayth
12.31.2011 , 07:49 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by photoheathen View Post
Stephen, I appreciate the response, but I'd like to know where all the gear went for JKs that didn't have hoods in the first place. For 5 months in beta I ran around with hoodless chest pieces. I wore full spandex body suits at times. I wore thick collared robes with no hood at all. I wore lots and lots of different gear. This goes for the Sith side too. I wore countless looks as a Mara during beta. They're all gone now, replaced by basically one singular "look."

A lot of folks here don't realize that there was a time in this game when there were a great variety of different "looks." I would like to know where all those beta assets went. They exist...why aren't they in the game?
Geez, isn't it obvious ?

So they can add it in updates, and make people feel like they worked on new stuffs, and that they're adding variety. If everything was available at first, people would feel that everything stays the same.

Marketing.

Though, since the current situation for Jedi is unacceptable, I advise them to change that ASAP.

WQtRiggEr
12.31.2011 , 07:56 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by mitrikzoltan View Post
Where did you find that piece if I may ask?
I forgot, most likely either Balmorra or from a treasure hunting lockbox via crew skills

Jedi_Trav
12.31.2011 , 08:04 PM | #124
I still find it funny that hood down robes are on the back of the box, and on the JK character selection screen, and probably a dozen other things.. and yet we cannot possibly look like that currently. Bioware knows what's cool, that's why they use it to sell their game. Instead at the launch of the game at level 50 we get Samurai armor?

Bioware tested this game non stop, did they really play through the game and not just say hey... wait... there's way too many hoods, we should probably throw in a few hood down robes. I mean seriously think about how many people that must have slipped by.

I am impressed with the Feedback Reid gave us though. Wasn't expecting that.

aphelionknight
12.31.2011 , 11:05 PM | #125
First off, I really didn't notice this issue at first.

I got off Tython, made it to Coruscant, everything was peachy.

I received a hooded cloak chest piece and thought "oooo cool, dark and brooding"

10 levels later I realized that I was never going to see my characters head again unless I wear another classes armor.

I looked at PvP gear, commendation gear, crafted gear, everything Jedi Heavy Armor had hoods up.

And now I'm asking myself....

"Why did I bother picking hair type, hair color, and other facial features? I am never going to see them wearing my classes armor."

Having 1 option for a lower jaw choice would suffice for Jedi Knight.

What's really starting to make me irritated is how much I see of Jedi being represented without having hoods up.

It's in the loading screen, front and center. The character creation screen has some sweet heavy plated armor with hoods down. NPCs in Tython and elsewhere have it as well. The Jedi Knight Armor Progression video in YouTube has it (and plated heavy armor when choosing Guardian is implied too, but that's another topic)

So, I agree, I know these models exist. We should have them in game. We don't need some sort of toggle (though seriously, how hard is that? replace one item code with another when toggled.) Just some armors that don't have hoods.

I don't feel like a unique character. I feel just like another robed figure. Anonymous, generic. A lower jaw in a black robe (that's somehow heavy)

I don't want to play him anymore because this isn't what I signed up for as a Jedi. That's not the look I was shown.

I feel baited and switched. I feel like the last 30 levels and two weeks were wasted because I could have been leveling a character I would enjoy.

JohnRoy
01.01.2012 , 01:02 AM | #126
Aphelionknight, I couldn't have said it better if I tried. But the good news is more and more people feel like you every day and add their voices to the effort, and the solution IS as easy as you describe.

They do have the armors. They aren't stupid. No one likes to be bait and switched and they know it, and as long as we continue to keep up the fight, I have no doubt they will make the Jedi player base happy and let us see the characters we created. I mean, why would they not?
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Merwanor
01.01.2012 , 05:21 AM | #127
I hope the devs will realize the importance of this issue, it is slowly destroying my game experience. I am amazed by myself on how much this issue is actually bothering me, and I can't understand how such an issue would make it to the retail game.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

stjerneodd
01.01.2012 , 08:04 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
Geez, isn't it obvious ?

So they can add it in updates, and make people feel like they worked on new stuffs, and that they're adding variety. If everything was available at first, people would feel that everything stays the same.

Marketing.

Though, since the current situation for Jedi is unacceptable, I advise them to change that ASAP.
This

I've learned to look at everything BW says, ever since I received my deluxe edition items and had to re-read what I thought it said and what it really said. While it is great we got a response be aware they will do exactly what they said they would, take it to the art department because...?

All those great teaser armors will be in as quoted above, when you buy the next installments to get to level 60, 70, 80.

BW does nothing without a plan, it may (or may not) have been an oversight but you can be sure it is now a plan

Taran_Tatsuuchi
01.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #129
While I'm happy with the Aspiring Knight's Vest I have, I do want to see this option available.

And as has been pointed out, when hooded robes are worn on Twi'lek characters the game knows to remove the hood...

Why couldn't this function be tweaked into an optional toggle for the other races as a 'short term fix' while a more robust system is worked on?

Strayth
01.01.2012 , 10:34 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by stjerneodd View Post
This

I've learned to look at everything BW says, ever since I received my deluxe edition items and had to re-read what I thought it said and what it really said. While it is great we got a response be aware they will do exactly what they said they would, take it to the art department because...?

All those great teaser armors will be in as quoted above, when you buy the next installments to get to level 60, 70, 80.

BW does nothing without a plan, it may (or may not) have been an oversight but you can be sure it is now a plan
If you read carefully, they said they already had the voice actors in for a few months, already working on the "new future content". Though, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean "new pack".

I think they want us to believe they're giving us free content while it was already made when we payed the game. Thing is, we won't get it before several months because they want us to stick around. Each month we'll get a new carot.

Though, if the "carot" isn't butt fixing and hoodless pieces THIS MONTH, I'm out. Their strategy is fine when it doesn't ruin the player's enjoyment. And it does right now.