Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

Zaywin
12.31.2011 , 07:57 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
Ah thanks John for including Sentinels !

I support that ! If the "toggle" feature is too complicated, don't leave us with only hooded bath robe like now :/ ... Or that awful pvp gear.

The more I watch those trailers and screenshots, the more I think "wow the game is gonna be epic ! Some time in the future..." :/ ...

I'll stop playing the knight char, with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population" ...
Mind if I quote this! XD

I love it, this is liquid truth:

"with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population"
A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/d732dfba4820a33e.png

mitrikzoltan
12.31.2011 , 10:09 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by WQtRiggEr View Post
Posted it on the other thread (Show us your Jedi Knight):

I found a very nice Prototype Baktoid Trellised Jacket in game, would have been perfect for my Sentinel if it had been moddable/orange/purple.

Currently using an orange Watchman Jacket I got from Tatooine via the commendations vendor though.

My current Watchman Jacket:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2-40-08-68.jpg

Previews of the blue Trellised Jacket:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2-45-44-87.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2-46-53-88.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2-54-54-15.jpg

If anyone comes across a purple/orange moddable version please let me know! It's a very good look with hood down! haven't tried it on to see whether it gives the fat butt effect because I don't want to bind it yet (might sell it on the GTN) but I suspect it does give the fat butt effect :/
Where did you find that piece if I may ask?

eimi
12.31.2011 , 10:43 AM | #103
This issue is getting to be kind of a big deal with me. Im either going to have to go Sith or Ill just stop playing, as no other class appeals to me. And it's really sad because if either the hood was animated properly, as in it didn't make you bald and showed your bangs something I feel is reasonable to expect of a game released in 2011, or if it was down I would applaud how the armor in this game makes me look and feel like a Jedi. :\

wadecounty
12.31.2011 , 11:03 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by eimi View Post
This issue is getting to be kind of a big deal with me. Im either going to have to go Sith or Ill just stop playing, as no other class appeals to me. And it's really sad because if either the hood was animated properly, as in it didn't make you bald and showed your bangs something I feel is reasonable to expect of a game released in 2011, or if it was down I would applaud how the armor in this game makes me look and feel like a Jedi. :\
Yeah, that's the frustrating part. I spent the last few years anticipating this game but worrying we'd get ugly MMO style armors at endgame, then I get in and find out most Jedi armor are still robes even at endgame and was thrilled.

And then I realized the hood problem, and my hopes are crushed again. Its literally the 1 thing keeping me from fully enjoying the game.

eimi
12.31.2011 , 11:21 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Yeah, that's the frustrating part. I spent the last few years anticipating this game but worrying we'd get ugly MMO style armors at endgame, then I get in and find out most Jedi armor are still robes even at endgame and was thrilled.

And then I realized the hood problem, and my hopes are crushed again. Its literally the 1 thing keeping me from fully enjoying the game.
I can't say its my only complaint but its the top one. Mine are like
1. *********** hoods
2. Why isn't every piece of armor orange with stats controlled by mods?
3. Why does Jedi Knight feel so pathetically weak?
4. Sith Corruption bug
5. LFG feels more primitive and unfriendly than even FFXI had...and FFXI is primitive and user unfriendly.

wrmrstacrdwower
12.31.2011 , 11:27 AM | #106
If Jedi players want robes with no hoods there are a few skins on the Sith side that would work wonderous; and maybe we could get a skin transfer so the Sith side actually has some armor with hoods up instead of down.

wadecounty
12.31.2011 , 11:44 AM | #107
Sith corruption bug is getting fixed in the next patch (next Tuesday).

Overall I actually have to give Bioware a lot of credit, for an MMO launch this has actually gone pretty spectacularly well.

blueweb
12.31.2011 , 12:06 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by wrmrstacrdwower View Post
If Jedi players want robes with no hoods there are a few skins on the Sith side that would work wonderous; and maybe we could get a skin transfer so the Sith side actually has some armor with hoods up instead of down.
This will not work. They have completely different armor models for the same piece of armor on Republic and Empire.

For example, the Rampage Assault Chestguard. If you preview it on a Repub character, it has a hood, cape and vest looking thing. If you preview it on a Sith character, it is a dark jedi robe with plated chest armor and the hood down.

I tested this by transferring some via the neutral auction house and it is indeed the case.

Hood toggle, please!

JohnRoy
12.31.2011 , 12:39 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by blueweb View Post
This will not work. They have completely different armor models for the same piece of armor on Republic and Empire.

For example, the Rampage Assault Chestguard. If you preview it on a Repub character, it has a hood, cape and vest looking thing. If you preview it on a Sith character, it is a dark jedi robe with plated chest armor and the hood down.

I tested this by transferring some via the neutral auction house and it is indeed the case.

Hood toggle, please!
Yeah, I just went through this yesterday, after levelling an SW for this reason alone. With the growing number of voices and threads complaining about the lack of hood down armors for Jedis I can only think they will fix it soon. Why leave so many unhappy when the solutions are sitting right there in the computer in front of you?
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Strayth
12.31.2011 , 01:07 PM | #110
Quote:
Yeah, I just went through this yesterday, after levelling an SW for this reason alone. With the growing number of voices and threads complaining about the lack of hood down armors for Jedis I can only think they will fix it soon. Why leave so many unhappy when the solutions are sitting right there in the computer in front of you?
We're not even in january yet.

If it's fixed "soon", won't be till last week of january in my opinion.

I'm hoping once it is "fixed" (or interim fixed but the toggle itself won't be there for months), I hope you guys can support the large butt issue, that ruins completely any character that suffers from it. (I know I sound ridiculous, but seriously, look at that http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4527/67979029.jpg :/ ...)