Flashpoint opening/closing scenes

turbomagnus

I saw a video recently of the Teral V/Maelstrom Prison FPs that had an opening scene meeting Okeg and seeing the Jedi Entity and a closing scene meeting with the Jedi Prisoner where they talked about The Foundry...

Except when I ran those flashpoints from the Solo Activity menu, I never encountered anything like those scenes; is there a particular way to start or difficulty I have to play the flashpoints at to get those scenes?

I saw a video recently of the Teral V/Maelstrom Prison FPs that had an opening scene meeting Okeg and seeing the Jedi Entity and a closing scene meeting with the Jedi Prisoner where they talked about The Foundry...

Except when I ran those flashpoints from the Solo Activity menu, I never encountered anything like those scenes; is there a particular way to start or difficulty I have to play the flashpoints at to get those scenes?

You have to pick up the story quest on balmorra or on the telos for those cutscenes

So, basically, to get the full experience from Flashpoints, it's best to follow the 'breadcrumb' mission trails instead of using the Solo Activity Finder?

Is there a list anywhere of where the different Flashpoint trails start in the open world? I know Esseles/Black Talon are at Capital World Departure on the space stations and that Taral V is on PUB Balmorra (and therefore guess Boarding Party is on IMP Taris), but those are the only ones I know where to find them...

As you've seen, there are questgivers scattered about, but I think pretty much all of them can be started on Fleet. The questgivers usually have the name of the flashpoint on their nametag. I know this is the case with Boarding Party, Directive 7, and others. Edited by Eiter

Is there a list anywhere of where the different Flashpoint trails start in the open world? I know Esseles/Black Talon are at Capital World Departure on the space stations and that Taral V is on PUB Balmorra (and therefore guess Boarding Party is on IMP Taris), but those are the only ones I know where to find them...
Try this guide, which lists the Flashpoints (and Operations) as they fit into the story, along with info on where to find the "breadcrumb" story intros for them on various planets.