Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latest Cartel Market Additions - December 12th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Latest Cartel Market Additions - December 12th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
12.12.2019 , 03:30 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

With today's update a few new items have been added to the Cartel Market. A full breakdown of them can be found here!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LtGeneralGezlin
12.12.2019 , 04:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

With today's update a few new items have been added to the Cartel Market. A full breakdown of them can be found here!
I have been waiting nearly five years for the Model BT-7 Thunderclap and Model Fury Interceptor to be added to the game. You have made me a very, very happy player, and my Troopers, Warrior's and Inquisitors are happy as well!

Now, if we can get some more Ship Droid customizations in the game....
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

TrixxieTriss
12.12.2019 , 04:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

The festival Dress design is awesome. I logged in especially to buy it.... BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE GOLD COLOUR TO THE OUTFIT. Now I donít know wether itís worth it because everyone will look the same.

In future, please allow us to modify ALL parts of the outfits with a different colour, I donít particularly want a gold skirt or gold plated breasts. The skirt being locked to gold means 50% of the outfit is unusable for me.

Edit: decided to buy it. And now completely regret it.

WARNING TO OTHER PLAYERS BEFORE YOU BUY THIS
EVEN THE GOLD ISNT GOLD, ITS SHINY GREENISH POO BROWN COLOUR (like baby poo).
ITíS NOT EVEN THE COLOUR OF THE OTHER GOLD ARMOR ITEMS IN THE GAME.
THE GOLD COLOUR LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIEW SCREEN OR THE PICTURE ON THE WEBSITE.
ITS A TOTALL MISREPRESENTATION OF WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.

This means you canít even mix and match with other gold items because they are different golds. And you canít add a yellow or orange dye to the gold part to try and get them all the same colour.
All of this has totally ruined the whole outfit for me.

Therefore, because I was sold something under false pretences. I would like a refund of my cartel coins please and you can have back this outfit that showed so much promise, but has been a complete and utter failure in its execution.

Tornateaux
12.12.2019 , 04:55 PM | #4
Something interesting I noticed with the new items:

The "Pure Sabacc Rifle" and "Idiot's Array Sniper Rilfe" were added today. I really love the look, and bought both. Was hoping there would be a pistol variant for my Smugger, but nothing showing up on the Cartel Market. But when I open up collections, under Blaster Pistols, there it is! The "Gambler's Luck Pistol." Only... I can't buy it. I can preview it to my heart's content, but it's not available on the Cartel Market, even though it's information tag clearly states "This item is exclusive to the Cartel Market."

So... it this an oversight? A bug? A cruel tease to the fans of a certain movie about Replicants and the nature of humanity? I'd really like to own it!
Jedi out of freakin' nowhere!

Katzinchen
12.12.2019 , 05:41 PM | #5
Furious Gladiator Helmet doesn't work as intended, when used only as a skin in the outfit designer. The Visor only opens and closes if the helmet is actually equipped.

Goreshaga
12.12.2019 , 05:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tornateaux View Post
under Blaster Pistols, there it is! The "Gambler's Luck Pistol." Only... I can't buy it. I can preview it to my heart's content, but it's not available on the Cartel Market, even though it's information tag clearly states "This item is exclusive to the Cartel Market."

So... it this an oversight? A bug? A cruel tease to the fans of a certain movie about Replicants and the nature of humanity? I'd really like to own it!
Looks similar to the Resourceful Renegade armor set that was visible in collection, you could preview it all you wanted, but it ended up being a stupid PvP-exclusive reward...
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Tornateaux
12.12.2019 , 07:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Looks similar to the Resourceful Renegade armor set that was visible in collection, you could preview it all you wanted, but it ended up being a stupid PvP-exclusive reward...
If it's a PvP exclusive reward, I'm going to be a sad Wampa.
Jedi out of freakin' nowhere!

Damask_Rose
12.12.2019 , 08:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The festival Dress design is awesome. I logged in especially to buy it.... BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE GOLD COLOUR TO THE OUTFIT. Now I donít know wether itís worth it because everyone will look the same.

In future, please allow us to modify ALL parts of the outfits with a different colour, I donít particularly want a gold skirt or gold plated breasts. The skirt being locked to gold means 50% of the outfit is unusable for me.

THE GOLD COLOUR LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIEW SCREEN OR THE PICTURE ON THE WEBSITE.

This means you canít even mix and match with other gold items because they are different golds. And you canít add a yellow or orange dye to the gold part to try and get them all the same colour.

Therefore, because I was sold something under false pretences. I would like a refund of my cartel coins please and you can have back this outfit that showed so much promise, but has been a complete and utter failure in its execution.
Thanks for the heads up! I liked the style of the top. They really need to revamp the dye system. Totally stupid to have only primary and secondary dyes when outfits can have significant tertiary colors. Many, many outfits are hard to work with because of the tertiary colors

As an aside, what is up with that hat? The back of it is beyond bizarre!

sharkfishman
12.12.2019 , 08:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I liked the style of the top. They really need to revamp the dye system. Totally stupid to have only primary and secondary dyes when outfits can have significant tertiary colors. Many, many outfits are hard to work with because of the tertiary colors

As an aside, what is up with that hat? The back of it is beyond bizarre!
The best part is that it's identical in both male and female versions. So now, using the male character creation and that outfit, you can show up to any party as a truly ... um... unique guest.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

sharkfishman
12.12.2019 , 08:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

That's weird that they color locked such a significant part of the outfit.

As for the greenish tint, is it due to lightning or does it look greenish in all areas?

Do you have a screenshot perchance to compare with?

I ask because the outfit looks cool to me, and I don't mind the gold being locked, but if it's not really gold on my screen, then it's a big, fat no for me.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."