Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Possible FIX]For patching / downloading issues.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[Possible FIX]For patching / downloading issues.

Vanelon
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #11
yes it did but after reading your problem carefully i see itīs not same problem.mine never crased on main assets 17 what it did was when i was installing it would just stop ,on like 20& and if i would just close the program and try again it would happen again unless i did the Fixlauner. Main assets 16 was another story, there it was always crasing but i did not the fix.what i did was just close the program and start it again it would than just redownload the main assets 16 not the evrything
The Swtor is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.

TouchMyCookie
12.13.2011 , 08:23 AM | #12
Mine is quite similar, mine stops at 27 percent as well when installing, it just happens to state that I should run the repair feature, once I do so it wants to download from the beginning.

Vanelon
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TouchMyCookie View Post
Mine is quite similar, mine stops at 27 percent as well when installing, it just happens to state that I should run the repair feature, once I do so it wants to download from the beginning.
yea its similar but not the same thing tho.but like i said it happen on main assets 16 and i did not run the repair feature i just closed the client and started it again after the error and only thing it download was the main asstes 16
The Swtor is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.

TouchMyCookie
12.13.2011 , 08:34 AM | #14
True, I guess i will just have to wait for some support from them. Or just try to re download it -.-

Vanelon
12.13.2011 , 08:45 AM | #15
yea it can take some time for them to respond to you letter this the email i got from theam after i sent them a mail about a main assets 17 problem i had befor fixing it my self (the letter did not arrive ontil after i fix it myself)but here it is
From: support@swtor.com To: fayt1203@hotmail.com Subject: Your ticket ID 786975 Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:19:40 -0800 Greetings Vanelon, I am Protocol Droid N0-N6 of Human-Cyborg Relations... I have received your transmission regarding patching the game client. I?m afraid that this response is rather lengthy, but I would ask you to please read through it all as the information we request from you will be of great help to us in diagnosing the root cause of the trouble you are having with the launcher. Could you please check that: 1. Star Wars: The Old Republic is installed to the default directory - For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic or - For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic 2. Exceptions for SWTOR.EXE and Launcher.EXE have been added to your Anti-Virus and Firewall programs. - Please follow the guide below on how to change your Windows Firewall settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ndows-Firewall - For assistance on creating exceptions with all other brands of Firewall and Anti-Virus software, please refer to the software provider for instructions. (Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for content on any external websites). If you continue to experience problems with your launcher after confirming these two steps, please reply to this email, attaching an up-to-date set of launcher logs, and a dxdiag of your system. Here?s how to find your logs and dxdiag: Launcher logs are usually at either of these default locations: - For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs\ or - For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs\ Launcher logs look like this: ?launcher_112610.txt? To run a dxdiag on your system and save the log, please do the following: - Click on the Start button - Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box - Select the "Save All Information" button - This will create a dxdiag.txt file - Please save the file to a location that is easy to remember, as you?ll need to attach it to your reply. As well as these files, we would appreciate that, if possible, you include answers to the following questions: 1. If your Star Wars: The Old Republic game client was previously not installed to the default directory, please tell us the location it was originally installed to. a. Do you have multiple internal hard drives, or a partitioned hard drive? b. If so was the game installed to one of these? 2. Was the game initially installed to any sort of external hard drive? 3. Do you use any 3rd party firewall programs or anti-virus software? a. If so, which programs do you use? b. Which settings do you use? 4. Is there a file called Install Star Wars ? The Old Republic.log located in the folder C:\Users\?Username?\Documents? 5. Have you previously been able to successfully launch the patcher? a. If so, have you made any changes (physical hardware or software updates) to your machine since then? b. Have you altered or updated any program files while Star Wars: The Old Republic was patching? As we asked back at the start of this mail, please reply to this message, answering the above questions and attaching the requested files, and we will be back in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for continued patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Galactic Support is our specialty... Sincerely, Protocol Droid N0-N6 (aka [Arjay) Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

TouchMyCookie
12.13.2011 , 03:36 PM | #16
Bump!

Alexbeav
12.14.2011 , 07:10 AM | #17
@ Touchmycookie.

The first thing you should know about ToR's files is that they are mostly .RAR files, and thus come with a few problems of their own. I'm going to offer you some general advice concerning .RAR files, since they apply to this case.

Here's a few things you can try :

1) Disable your anti-virus, especially the auto-protect feature. If you don't have a problem downloading, which would indicate a network/firewall problem, then perhaps your Anti-Virus scanner is blocking the .rar files, or just generally holding them up for an extended period during the scan.

You should know that in general, if a file is currently being handled by a program (i.e. the AV), besides a few exceptions, it cannot be accessed by the OS which handles the copying.

So you could try that, and redownload. Just remember to re-enable your anti-virus when you're done.

2) If you can, try to install from the game DVDs and then update. Pretty self-explanatory, but may not apply if you have not yet received your discs.

3) Run a memory diagnostic on your system and/or check your RAM modules.

This may seem extreme, but .RAR files face a lot of corruption problems if your RAM is faulty. It may not be responsible for BSODing your system every 10', but it can be responsible for .RAR problems. I had a similar problem, and for a while I've been having corrupt .RARs when downloading from file hosts.

I too had problems updating the game, and so I decided to install it from the discs as soon as my CE arrived. Imagine my surprise when the installation failed three times in a row, because of corrupt files. In the beginning I too was in a state of "***", until I noticed the .RARs (the game discs are basically 80-something .rar files that are copied and extracted). I searched a bit concerning .rar corruption and found that memory could cause problems. Now I have a 2GB module and 2x1GB modules installed in my computer. That's a BAD idea, having mis-matching modules, but I figured 4GB RAM is better than 2GB. Turns out one of the 1GB sticks was the problem all along, and the installation proceeded smoothly once I removed that, followed by updating the game.

If you're not comfortable opening your case and removing the sticks, you can try to diagnose if you have a RAM problem by using a memory testing program such as MemTest. This may shed some light on your problem.

As usual, it's a good idea to :
a) Keep your OS up-to-date with updates (Windows Update)
b) Keep your PC clean and secure using an Anti-Virus program and a Firewall software. I recommend a protection 'suite' which incorporates both. For the record, I am using Norton 360, but I also recommend Eset Security Suite. There are free programs you can use as well.
c) Normally the OS does this, but it wouldn't hurt defragging your Hard Drive manually. Google it up, it's pretty simple. Don't forget to have some free space on your HDD. I prefer to have about 20% free, for safe measure.
d) This is optional to your problem, but a good idea nevertheless : keep your hardware drivers updated. In Windows 7, Windows Update can help you, or you can take a peek at some specialized software that do that for you.

Hope this helps !
Mature PvE Guild - Frostclaw EU