Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Critique my long term plan (Sage/Healer)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Critique my long term plan (Sage/Healer)

FreakinSyco
12.28.2011 , 02:17 PM | #1
The main goal is to be an awesome healer. I'm skipping a few skills in the Seer tree however, because I think that Force Armor is fantastic. I'd really love to get Pinning Resolve from the Balance tree into the build, but I don't like the idea of giving up on the Salvation ability.

What does everyone think, Pinning Resolve or Salvation?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...0dGzZf00MZoM.1

Oberonious
12.28.2011 , 02:29 PM | #2
If you're really planning on being a healer, it shouldn't be a difficult decision; take Salvation. If you're levelling, I can see where Pinning Resolve would be good for CC on multiple mobs.

FreakinSyco
12.28.2011 , 02:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Oberonious View Post
If you're really planning on being a healer, it shouldn't be a difficult decision; take Salvation. If you're levelling, I can see where Pinning Resolve would be good for CC on multiple mobs.
Do we get an AoE heal other than Salvation? I'm only level 23 right now and seeing Psychic Suffusion so early in the skill tree leads me to believe I'll get one soon.

Just thinking that if I drop salvation I can drop the points in Psychic Suffusion

TiVOs
12.28.2011 , 03:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FreakinSyco View Post
Do we get an AoE heal other than Salvation? I'm only level 23 right now and seeing Psychic Suffusion so early in the skill tree leads me to believe I'll get one soon.

Just thinking that if I drop salvation I can drop the points in Psychic Suffusion
No, Salvation's our only AoE heal. Others have suggested that it's so low in the Seer tree so the DPS Sages (Sagi? Sagus?) can get to it once they've maxed their DPS trees.

You probably won't need Salvation as soon as it's available, but I would think it'd be pretty much mandatory once you start hitting Operations.

Where you can really stand to pick up some points, unless you're planning on doing a lot of PvP, is by dropping Pain Bearer and Jedi Resistance.
<><
"Don't feed the trolls!" ~Proverbs 9:7-9
The Alcyon Legacy