Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how to get trooper helmets????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
how to get trooper helmets????

Ralos
01.02.2012 , 04:19 PM | #11
Specialty Items vendor on Taris.
Defenders of the Faith

DarthTenor
01.02.2012 , 05:13 PM | #12
They drop but rarely. I got the helm that looks like the commando helm in the progression vid where he heals his comrade from 'trouble in deed'.

Grouchyface
01.02.2012 , 05:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSwoog View Post
Last boss in Hammer Station. Just got mine.
Ya, last boss in hammer station has a good one.

sukmyskill
03.24.2012 , 08:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shockwaveops View Post
Thats were I got mine too. The only helmet I've found so far. Haven't done any flashpoints or heroics yet.
I got a legit trooper helmet at lvl 33 after the completion of chapter 1

MGriffith
03.25.2012 , 05:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainBly View Post
Are there any clone helmets like the ones in the trailer?? Im a level 9 and havent found a single helmet much less a clone looking one
I think you get your first helmet at one of the later class story missions on Coruscant, but it is rather ugly and you might not want to give it to Aric (not even if you do not like him).
On Taris I think there are two quests that give/can give a helmet. One is resembling a flying saucer landing on your head (resembles a bit the silly hats the guards of Leia's ship are wearing in the first movie), the other I believe is actually a closed helmet like you are looking for. It is a reward for one of the bonus missions if I remember correctly (or maybe it was one of the very early missions on Nar Shaddaa, I am not sure about that anymore).

And yes, Hammer Station flashpoint has a rare good one dropping too.

LemmingLeader
03.25.2012 , 11:05 PM | #16
The first real, fully enclosing helmet available for Troopers is on Taris. For 8.5k credits, you get from the heavy armor vendor a helmet with this squarish visor cover thingie. Reminds me a bit of Commander Cody's helmet with visor.

At early-mid 20s, Armormechs can craft a helmet, but it looks pretty ugly, IMO. Makes you look like a platypus. It's horrible, IMO, because AFAIK from Armormech crafting, they can only make those platypus-faced helmets until about Tier 3 (for roughly Lv37 or 38).

From about Lv29+, then you start seeing somewhat better helmets.

But really, the helmets people want to go for are from mid Lv30+, specifically 39+.

It's a bit sorry that you can't get even a half-decent looking helmet for more than half the level development of your Trooper.

Apoll
03.26.2012 , 01:34 AM | #17
Crafted level 37 helmets look like these. They are white with grey/black. However the Defence Power one, comes in gold/orange with gold reflecting visor!!! (looks awesome)

You also get tonnes of premium (green) or prototype (blue) at Balmora same looking ones.

My Vanguard looks awesome atm, in the Defence Power set. And is shame can't keep up the design model until 50.

Late level armours look awefull (pvp gear also) to say the least. And please if someone knows if there are any similar looking orange schematics for level 50s/Armortech 400 let me know.

NewserCoull
08.23.2012 , 09:47 AM | #18
If ur into the scout trooper type of style, id say the easiest to get is a 27 outcast helmet
Peace and Justice

KtheN
08.23.2012 , 01:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralos View Post
Specialty Items vendor on Taris.
this.
"Star Wars crap is the best crap of all"

-me

TalonVII
09.25.2012 , 07:56 PM | #20
bought my first one on Taris for 8k, it was a prototype, so i was like WTH, why not.

Least my vanguard will have a proper helmet.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy