Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Security Questions STILL not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Security Questions STILL not working
 
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

obi-juan's Avatar


obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:43 PM | #11
Right? With companies like Amazon and Comcast having queues where they call YOU back when the representative is ready I'm blown away by a company that doesn't even let you stay on hold!

Big problems like this can kill an otherwise fun MMO early on. APB, for all it's faults, was fun and died because half it's preorder customers couldn't play at launch.

obi-juan's Avatar


obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Exarr View Post
I'll assume its because the servers are getting hammered from all sides atm but...
My friend had this start after the last weekend beta. He had a long thread going here on it with multiple DEV posts and then they wiped the forum before fixing it. So I don't think it's because the servers are busy.

Evassa's Avatar


Evassa
12.13.2011 , 05:49 PM | #13
I'm still on hold, just hearing the same and same recording :/ this is nuts!

ToonPricey's Avatar


ToonPricey
12.13.2011 , 05:52 PM | #14
I was on hold for over four hours before getting tired of waiting and just giving up. Too long to wait for afew seconds of getting afew proof of ID that it's you and a quick reset of details to let you log on and change your security settings.

obi-juan's Avatar


obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Evassa View Post
I'm still on hold, just hearing the same and same recording :/ this is nuts!
You got through! I think my friend would pay money to be on hold for hours at this point. (That'll be the first "free to play" token purchase if this game continues to support it's customers this way... a direct line phone number for 1500 EA Credits)

obi-juan's Avatar


obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ToonPricey View Post
I was on hold for over four hours before getting tired of waiting and just giving up. Too long to wait for afew seconds of getting afew proof of ID that it's you and a quick reset of details to let you log on and change your security settings.
Right? This should be doable over the internet. Their security is so good it keeps even YOU out of your account!

Evassa's Avatar


Evassa
12.13.2011 , 05:58 PM | #17
Ok, I hang up and trying to call in again, but now: I only hear a lady voice in 3 languages that says they have high volumen and their agents are busy and thats all. no more Bioware costumer.

now, Im doing the reset password, but now the problem is my security question is wrong! and if I fail twice it becomes locked again.

grr, i've preordered the game, but i don't care at this moment :/ just want to fix this

obi-juan's Avatar


obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 06:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Evassa View Post
Ok, I hang up and trying to call in again, but now: I only hear a lady voice in 3 languages that says they have high volumen and their agents are busy and thats all. no more Bioware costumer.

now, Im doing the reset password, but now the problem is my security question is wrong! and if I fail twice it becomes locked again.

grr, i've preordered the game, but i don't care at this moment :/ just want to fix this
Yeap, that's been all day for my friend!

obi-juan's Avatar


obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 06:04 PM | #19
Any response yet BW? Anything at all. Even a "We've read this, sorry nothing we can do about it right now" response would be something (which is better than nothing)

Convictz's Avatar


Convictz
12.13.2011 , 06:09 PM | #20
I am having the same issue. The answer to my security question is suddenly not working. So I reset my password successfully like BW advised and I still need to answer the same bugged security question. Get it wrong twice, locked out, reset password....rinse and repeat.

Bioware what is going on here? Where is the resolution? Forget about talking to customer service, impossible to get through.