Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Questions STILL not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Security Questions STILL not working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:08 PM | #1
My guildmate pre-ordered and has been an active poster on this forum throughout the last few years (his account is shamrockjew). 6 days ago his security questions, that worked fine, suddenly stopped "being correct". There was a long forum post here about it but it was wiped before any resolution came to head. Here's his status as of today

1. E-mail BW CS about the issue, they tell him to call
2. Call BW CS, get 1 of 2 messages every hour from 7am to 6pm a) "All CS are busy, call back later" <hang up> or (b) "This number is out of service"
3. E-mail BW saying the number does not work.
4. BW CS e-mails back telling him to reset his password on EA's website and then login to www.swtor.com/account where he will be able to edit his security questions
5. The above does not stop the website from asking for his security question that is flagged as wrong despite the answer having worked before (several times) during a weekend beta.
6. E-mail BW saying their method didn't work
7. They literally send him the SAME e-mail that they started with and repeat the above cycle 3 or 4 times.

The phones don't work, he can't log in, the web based support staff doesn't seem to read updates on the ticket... is there anyone BW employee or other that can offer a solution?

(Ironically his early access began today, he's home with pneumonia, and can't do anything)

ericgib
12.13.2011 , 05:23 PM | #2
If he is still using the same computer as he used back when He first made the security questions Auto Complete or type ahead my have saved those fields in there. If it is the same computer and he hasn't bothered removing temp files an such, have him make a dummy account and get to the security question page. Once there if he clicks on the line it will show him what he has previously answered. It worked for me this morning

obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:30 PM | #3
Unfortunately he cleared all his cache and browsing history after resetting his password with Bioware thinking it might help avoid being asked the same security question or help with their "fix". So he's boned there.

Honestly if a BW employee could comment here about the issue itself and a real way to fix it or how to actually get in contact with someone on the phone he'd be happy at this point.

Evassa
12.13.2011 , 05:32 PM | #4
I've the same issue, now my account its locked, and the password reset thing doesn't work.

I have spent almost 3 hrs calling to CS and still waiting, no luck, only because the cache remember my name, but i can't change security questions or change password.

please help

FyreRaven
12.13.2011 , 05:34 PM | #5
So I had this same problem kept calling never got anything so I tried the reset password again and it let me in then I changed all my security questions. This was like an hour ago.

obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 05:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Evassa View Post
I've the same issue, now my account its locked, and the password reset thing doesn't work.

I have spent almost 3 hrs calling to CS and still waiting, no luck, only because the cache remember my name, but i can't change security questions or change password.

please help
Are you getting through on the phone and just on hold? Or can you not get anyone to answer at all?

kayadmt
12.13.2011 , 05:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by obi-juan View Post
Are you getting through on the phone and just on hold? Or can you not get anyone to answer at all?
I am getting the same issue on my account...this is my wife's. I am getting really frustrated by the phone support. Just the idea that they don't have a phone queue is really freaking me out. What kind of large company doesn't do that?

We need to keep pressure on this because it shows a giant very important hole in the entire setup of this game. If support is bad and you can't play the game quality or story doesn't matter at all.

Hoping that I will get access at some point here.

ToonPricey
12.13.2011 , 05:41 PM | #8
I'm having the same situation, I got through after four hours and it ended up disconnecting, and i haven't had any luck getting through since. Hours of waiting is rediculous.

It's also saying my security questions answer is incorrect, when it was working previously also. Theres got to be a different way to proove that it's your account, instead of waiting hours literally to just get a quick reset on your security questions probably's. So it locks my account everytime and forces me to reset my password. Like said above, any staff member or something with any help other than just saying phone this number.

kayadmt
12.13.2011 , 05:41 PM | #9
I managed to get through the first bit by just calling over and over very quickly about 15 times in 2 minutes. I know it is not good for their call center but hell it worked.

Exarr
12.13.2011 , 05:43 PM | #10
I'm having a similar problem, with it comming up with a security question I know the answer to, but it won't let me it. Checked, its not auto completeing. Worked yesterday, but not today. I'll assume its because the servers are getting hammered from all sides atm but... No luck with them on the phone. All day long "we're busy" then it hangs up, or the infamous "This line is not in service".

Atleast my EGA hasn't come up yet (to my knowledge?) but yea... still can't attempt to login to the game client until it recognizes my security question that cannot be reset by any other means than calling them...