Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why play anything else then sorc, proof inside.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why play anything else then sorc, proof inside.

JeffDlol
12.28.2011 , 01:59 PM | #11
Altough i agree with you do sorcerers need a range slow, a stun, a cc a knock back and a sprint? While being range with crazy dmg? I'm not talking about the baddies im talking about people that can actually play their class. Game balancing should be done over players with the highest skill not by community QQ.

JeffDlol
12.28.2011 , 02:01 PM | #12
To the concular screen shot, did you notice he never died, the sorcerer died 6 times, btw their pretty much the same class.

Arunas
12.28.2011 , 02:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotme View Post
Been doing PVP to kill time. I enjoy it for what it is, and will not sit here and say Im any kind of PVP expert. But I have noticed that the charts in map after map after map is usually dominated by sorc assassins and bounty hunters ( I havent payed enough attention to notice if its one build or multiple). It would seem that range with these 2 classes and the damage they deal is a little off balance. Its one thing if its one guy-- a good player is just a good player. But when it starts to become the trend in every map-- it becomes clear that the chances are pretty low that every great PVPer just happend to roll those 2 builds.

I dont know that the answer is to nerff them, but there must be a way to bring them in line.
I top the charts as a sorcerer since lvl17. I easily break 200k+ dmg in games. Why? Enemies almost never target me at all and if they do I CC them and run away - me 1v1ing does nothing for the team. The purpose of DPS sorcerers in PvP is to freecast on the enemies, AOE objective cappers and throw in CC support when needed.

I also use stimpacks, medpacks, relics (especially surge) and almost all abilities available to me. If you do not do the same then you are simply not trying hard enough and have no right to complain.

Reenolols
12.28.2011 , 02:29 PM | #14
Done more healing and damage on my op, not impressive. They need a buff, no joke.
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

Felene
12.28.2011 , 02:40 PM | #15

Sirolos
12.28.2011 , 03:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Felene View Post
/thread
Quote: Originally Posted by Modecrypt View Post
Sorcs really need to be looked at. They have 7 knockbacks, 5 stuns, , they can cross guard each other
Quote: Originally Posted by Kholvan View Post
Don't make me gouge you with my purple origami horns.

Donnachie
12.28.2011 , 05:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Narvakhan View Post
L2play is sorry crap that can stay in wow, we don't need it here. Instead of being snide, simply explain your counterpoint. For every l2play one should counter with learn to converse.
Agree

Twenynge
12.28.2011 , 06:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kutsus View Post
So what?

This is a sage and a scoundrel as top 2, any class can get 400k+ damage if played well against a bunch of easy kills.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...3-49-05-81.jpg
Sage is the sorc mirror, genius.

mrkab
12.28.2011 , 06:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Narvakhan View Post
L2play is sorry crap that can stay in wow, we don't need it here. Instead of being snide, simply explain your counterpoint. For every l2play one should counter with learn to converse.
There's no point to counter.

A Sorcerer did a lot of damage. Congratulations. Shall I post a screenshot of a Commando doing 500k damage? What would that prove?

Lazorous
12.28.2011 , 06:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Felene View Post
Nerf!