Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why play anything else then sorc, proof inside.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why play anything else then sorc, proof inside.

JeffDlol
12.28.2011 , 01:45 PM | #1
https://picasaweb.google.com/1053779...66488042319698

Step 1-Take time to assimilate the information.
Step 2-Delete your character.
Step 3-Reroll Sorcerer.

L2P issue, I know.

OSUNightfall
12.28.2011 , 01:47 PM | #2
I don't think anyone is arguing that sorcerers don't need to be slightly brought into line. I expect this will happen at the same time juggernauts get a little dev love. Juggernauts were stated as class balance priority #1 at this time.
"If command wanted your opinion on ethics they'd promote you to general." - Strenif

Aghar
12.28.2011 , 01:47 PM | #3
so because a sorc topped the damage charts, we should all reroll? flawed logic is flawed.

IsolatedPurity
12.28.2011 , 01:49 PM | #4
BWHAHAHAHA

In response to all the baddies that think sorces are op:

l2play. Seriously. Within a few hits, a sorc will die. Learn to LOS, interrupt. It's so easy to kill them.
"You will be the man your grandfather couldn't."
―Lumiya to Jacen Solo
Quote: Originally Posted by WillMaddock View Post
P.S What would we even do with an extra kidney? Besides make yet another Frankenstein monster that is?

OSUNightfall
12.28.2011 , 01:51 PM | #5
Buddy, nobody is saying Sorcerers are god characters. But once you've played most of the classes in the game, it becomes clear that the grass really is a little greener over there. I'm not saying they need to be hit with the nerf bat hard, they just need a slight smoothing over. The same way Juggernauts need a few abilities switched around and a slight buff.
"If command wanted your opinion on ethics they'd promote you to general." - Strenif

Narvakhan
12.28.2011 , 01:53 PM | #6
Damage in and of itself is not ever the key to a class needing to be nerfed. The question is can others of the same type do the same. If we go off just your one screenshot then an argument can be made. What about when the Imperial Agent blows that away? How about a Shadow? A sage? A sentinel?

I have seen too many different classes at this point make the #1 slot over Sorc to buy just the screen shot. To make a case you need several, not to mention when they lose or you simply don't have actual evidence you have an unsubstantiated complaint.

Before you go off about I probably play a Sorcerer, I actually play a Jedi Knight Guardian (tank lvl 40). It really is about finding out what you do and sticking to it. Sorcerers (and Sages their equal counterpart) are about damage (if they aren't healing). I expect their damage to be high. If I can keep them in range (and yeah there are issues with that), they die because they are squishy. If I can stop from being cc'd (sorry that is still not working right) again, they can be killed.
Narva Khan | Brehon
Lord Commander of Unconquered & Old Man of the Galactic Underground
Guild HQ | Unconquered / Forum | Tune In To Bootleg Today! | Twitter

Narvakhan
12.28.2011 , 01:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by IsolatedPurity View Post
BWHAHAHAHA

In response to all the baddies that think sorces are op:

l2play. Seriously. Within a few hits, a sorc will die. Learn to LOS, interrupt. It's so easy to kill them.
L2play is sorry crap that can stay in wow, we don't need it here. Instead of being snide, simply explain your counterpoint. For every l2play one should counter with learn to converse.
Narva Khan | Brehon
Lord Commander of Unconquered & Old Man of the Galactic Underground
Guild HQ | Unconquered / Forum | Tune In To Bootleg Today! | Twitter

Locke
12.28.2011 , 01:55 PM | #8
Just wait until more people figure out it's the Balance/Madness tree that is overpowered, and not the Telekinetics/Lightning tree.

Kutsus
12.28.2011 , 01:55 PM | #9
So what?

This is a sage and a scoundrel as top 2, any class can get 400k+ damage if played well against a bunch of easy kills.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...3-49-05-81.jpg

imnotme
12.28.2011 , 01:55 PM | #10
Been doing PVP to kill time. I enjoy it for what it is, and will not sit here and say Im any kind of PVP expert. But I have noticed that the charts in map after map after map is usually dominated by sorc assassins and bounty hunters ( I havent payed enough attention to notice if its one build or multiple). It would seem that range with these 2 classes and the damage they deal is a little off balance. Its one thing if its one guy-- a good player is just a good player. But when it starts to become the trend in every map-- it becomes clear that the chances are pretty low that every great PVPer just happend to roll those 2 builds.

I dont know that the answer is to nerff them, but there must be a way to bring them in line.