Rakghoul DNA cannister in currency tab, advertised as legacy bound.

Rusah

I had some old rakghoul dna tokens in my legacy bank so i went to turn them in for the cannisters.

Every other time it has appeared as an item that could be sent to any char. For some reason this time went into my currency tab.

Now the thing is that the item tooltip when you buy it says it is bound to legacy, the tooltip on it in the currency tab says it is bound to legacy.

So since it is bound to legacy how do i get it out of my currency so i can send it to other chars. I would never traded them ALL in on the same char if i had known about this.

It says bound to legacy so it should be legacy transferable, if they are going to change it and that is no longer possible then they should at least update the tooltip at the same time they make the change so people know it is no longer a legacy item.

Edited by Rusah

All legacy currencies are automatically shared among all your character.

They are not, it appears on the toon i bought them on, but when i logged onto a differant toon they are not in the currency tab for that char.

I had some old rakghoul dna tokens in my legacy bank so i went to turn them in for the cannisters.

Every other time it has appeared as an item that could be sent to any char. For some reason this time went into my currency tab.

Now the thing is that the item tooltip when you buy it says it is bound to legacy, the tooltip on it in the currency tab says it is bound to legacy.

So since it is bound to legacy how do i get it out of my currency so i can send it to other chars. I would never traded them ALL in on the same char if i had known about this.

It says bound to legacy so it should be legacy transferable, if they are going to change it and that is no longer possible then they should at least update the tooltip at the same time they make the change so people know it is no longer a legacy item.

Yeah, this seemed odd to me too.

Why convert something that was already legacy (Rakghoul DNA canisters) into a legacy currency that sits in your inventory or personal currency tab, and then force you to trade said currency into the vendor to get the cannisters that you then need to buy things?

In other words, it used to be A > B.

Now it has become A1 > A > B.

My only guess is they're trying this out as a way to standardize event currency, such as the one from the Dantooine event (like maybe they couldn't do it with one event without doing it to all.)

Another possibility is that maybe it's bugged and should be showing up on all alts as a currency similar to command tokens but isn't.

I finally figured it out.

The DNA canister in the currency tab is not bound to legacy it appears only on the toon you bought it on.

But you can trade the canister back for a rakghould dna token which is a legacy item at the vendors.

You then send the token to your alt, use the token to buy a canister to get stuff from the rep vendor.

So instead of having one item you can just put in legacy bank or mail, you now have an item that you trade in for a currency then use that currency to buy stuff.

If you want the currency on another toon, you trade the currency for a legacy token, send that to your alt, trade it for the currency, then use that to buy the items.

That just seems to be an unnecessary complication to the whole process. What was wrong with have the cannister use it on any toon. How is this complicated trading back and forth between two types to use in on alts better.

On the plus side at least i got my tokens back so all my rak currency is not stuck on a single toon.

I finally figured it out.

The DNA canister in the currency tab is not bound to legacy it appears only on the toon you bought it on.

But you can trade the canister back for a rakghould dna token which is a legacy item at the vendors.

You then send the token to your alt, use the token to buy a canister to get stuff from the rep vendor.

So instead of having one item you can just put in legacy bank or mail, you now have an item that you trade in for a currency then use that currency to buy stuff.

If you want the currency on another toon, you trade the currency for a legacy token, send that to your alt, trade it for the currency, then use that to buy the items.

That just seems to be an unnecessary complication to the whole process. What was wrong with have the cannister use it on any toon. How is this complicated trading back and forth between two types to use in on alts better.

On the plus side at least i got my tokens back so all my rak currency is not stuck on a single toon.

I found out how this works today as well, after a first shock about having the canisters on the wrong character now.

I have absolutely no idea what the purpose of this is. It's way more complicated than before, makes no sense, and I'm sure that a lot of casual players will be highly confused by it.

Did you have the chance to check the bounty contracts? The vendors don't accept them as a currency anymore. At least not in my game.

Looking at it every event currency has been done this way, all the former items converted into legacy tokens that you trade back and forth for the currency. I have looked up on the cartel bazzar at this stuff.

I looked on the bba it has completed contact token that you trade for the currency, and completed bounty contract currency that you trade for the token. It is on the BBA aquisition officer vendor.

On the Rakghoul you have rakghoul dna token that you trade for the currency, and rakghoul dna cannister currency that you trade for the token. They are on captain raya haedele in the bazzar.

For the gree you have grey helix token that you trade for the currency, and grey helix components currency that you trade for the token. They are on zilok'k in the bazzar.

To my knowlage it is only the recurring events that have had it happen not other stuff like mannan tokens and such from flashpoints.

If your contracts have not been converted into tokens and are still the old item they will not work. They should all have been tokens that you can trade back and forth at the vendors listed above (plus vendors in the event areas during). If you still have the old bounty contract items instead of the new tokens you need to submit a suport ticket.

Edited by Rusah

Still totally stupid imo to make a new token we must trade for the canister to buy stuff from the thorn vendors.

where is the logic in that my dear devs!!

Like the rest of 6.0 it makes no sense, but that is what you get when your dev team consist of interns, and that's all they got left at this point.

So I discovered a couple of days ago that this system was in place for Dantooine. As you probably all recall, Dantooine was the one recurring event where the currency WASN’T bound to legacy.

So my guess is that they wanted to make the systems homogeneous across events, hence why they all have a bound to legacy exchange token now, so that the mission rewards can be deposited into the character’s currency tab and then stored in legacy as exchange tokens.

So I discovered a couple of days ago that this system was in place for Dantooine. As you probably all recall, Dantooine was the one recurring event where the currency WASN’T bound to legacy.

So my guess is that they wanted to make the systems homogeneous across events, hence why they all have a bound to legacy exchange token now, so that the mission rewards can be deposited into the character’s currency tab and then stored in legacy as exchange tokens.

even before 6.0 u could store all items from the events in ur legacy box, in fact i had over 70 canister in my legacy box before 6.0.

even before 6.0 u could store all items from the events in ur legacy box, in fact i had over 70 canister in my legacy box before 6.0.

I get that. As I said, Dantooine Surveyor Notes were an exception to that. I think they wanted a way to make everything consistent. They could do the same with Relics of Ossus now too, and Iokath Power Shards. It’s a little clunky but I’d rather have the ability than not have it at all, which is what we had.

I looked on the bba it has completed contact token that you trade for the currency, and completed bounty contract currency that you trade for the token. It is on the BBA aquisition officer vendor.

If your contracts have not been converted into tokens and are still the old item they will not work. They should all have been tokens that you can trade back and forth at the vendors listed above (plus vendors in the event areas during). If you still have the old bounty contract items instead of the new tokens you need to submit a suport ticket.

Yeah I noticed this just this morning since I've been following this thread. So, I'll submit a ticket and see what I can do.

Yeah I noticed this just this morning since I've been following this thread. So, I'll submit a ticket and see what I can do.

So, after three CS tickets and six days, the CS rep told me that I have to submit a /bug ticket. The CS rep claims that they do not have the ability to convert the old, pre-6.0 Completed Bounty Contracts.

I pointed the CS rep to this thread in two tickets and got no response. They wrote:

As mentioned in the previous ticket, If we had the option to convert the contracts then we would have surely done that for you however the option is not available with us to do so. That is the reason I have asked you to report it as a bug. To identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

So, I guess I'll have to submit a bug report. Can anyone confirm that they've had CS convert the old pre-6.0 Completed Bounty Contracts into new character bound ones on the currency tab that you can then use to convert to the legacy bound tokens?

Edited by phalczen