Large Lag Spikes Since Onslaught Launch

Morizo

Before the new expansion hit I had a perfect game connection and could play without many fps drops and with the complete absence of lag spikes but since the expansion has launched it has made my game almost unplayable.

Every few seconds inconsistently my MS will jump into the 1000s and my connection will stop entirely. I have noticed this is much worse when the server population is high, very late at night my issues nearly completely go away and the game is again playable.

I thought this could be a server issue with the population increase but then everyone would be experiencing this problem too and I haven't heard anyone else having it.

Let me know if you are experiencing this too or if there is anything you think I could do do improve things, thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I have this too.

I updated and played SWTOR for a few hours before the launch of Onslaught and everything was fine.

Finished 3 chapters of KotET on twink with no issues whatsoever.

After the update to 6.0 SWTOR became downright unplayable.

Latency seems to jump all over the place.

Very frequently the latency reaches 20000ms.

I suspect something with the update isn’t to the liking of my ISP: Vodafone.

I can't stay connected for more than 2-3 minutes at best. Everything was cozy before Tuesday.

It's also nice to see that I can't open an EA ticket and show them my traceroutes and pings showing that it's not me or my ISP. I can only open a ticket in game. I can barely stay in game fast enough to type a sentence. I have one ticket open that I can't add to or close.

Great support, guys.

Edited by LiquidElectron

I have been facing the same issue since the update launched.

I am brazilian and usually get around 145ms of latency, with spikes here and there to the mark of 160ish. Playable. Never felt it could impact the gameplay.

Now, it's borderline impossible, to the point that completing a quest is a very difficult task, walking around to a NPC and the latency keeps skyrocketing from 150ish to 14k and stays there for some time. It happened during prime-time and early morning periods.

Connection looks fine with other games and even other EA games.

same here, starts at 4pm mez. primetime unplayable

lagspikes from 300 - 20000 atm

window: 16 mez - 22/23mez

loc: germany

loc ig: any places

chars: any chars with or without comp

spikes are begun with "onslaught"

not amused atm

The same with me. (Server: Tulak Hord)

Since Onslought is available, there are enormous peaks that go well over 1000 ms.

Without VPN or programs like WTfast, it has become completely unplayable.

But this causes additional costs that not all players can afford.

I have been experiencing this problem as well and I too play on Tulak Hord. No outright disconnects, but combat is very laggy and every second to third ecnounter downright arduous.

EDIT: Today I had flawless and stable latency and gameplay in hours where the server traditionally has the least population. As the day progressed, this worsened considerably until arrving at the near unplayable state again.

Edited by Cyriusus

Same here. I play on Darth Malgus, but live in Germany (ISP is Deutsche Telekom).

It was fine before 6.0 hit but now it's almost unplayable, random lag spikes every few seconds. The latency bar is jumping between three, one and zero pips back and forth. I also have zero issues with other online games and the internet in general.

I'm also experiencing this issue, although it's seemingly at random intervals. Everything is fine on my end, this problem only persists in SWTOR, since the 6.0 Onslaught update. I was playing a lot before the expansion dropped, and I didn't experience lag a single time for weeks.

This is making the game borderline unplayable, as it is entirely dependent on servers.

Playing on Darth Malgus

Edited by PainusFaighter

Tested with pingplotter myself today and for me (Tulak Hord Server) it's package loss as well. The hops to ffm-b4-link.telia.net, ffm-bb3-link.telia.net etc. - the rest of the hops is fine. The b4 one looses almost 60% of packages set its way. *sigh*