Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Jedi ?

12.28.2011 , 01:33 PM | #1
has there every been a member of the sith race that has gone on to become a jedi instead of joining the dark side of the sith force users ? i've tried to look into it alittle but its hard to get a good search because sith is both the name of the dark side and the race.

12.28.2011 , 02:35 PM | #2
There have been many characters who went to the dark side and returned to the light or started dark and went light

Luke Skywalker light -> dark -> light
Darth vader light -> dark -> light
Mara Jade Dark -> light

As far as the Sith Pure blood race though I dont think so. As far as I remember the Pure blood race are corrupt humanoids. they have sith and evil in their blood i dont even know if its possible for them to be good genetically lol

12.28.2011 , 04:07 PM | #3
As far as I'm aware, no, there has never been an incidence of a member of the Sith species joining the Jedi Order. The Jedi Order didn't even know the Sith species existed until the first incarnation of the Sith Empire invaded the Galactic Republic in the Great Hyperspace War of 5000 BBY. The Sith species had been conquered by Dark Jedi exiled after the Hundred-Year Darkness (aka the Second Great Schism of the Jedi Order), which ended in 6900 BBY. Those Dark Jedi discovered Korriban and took control, setting themselves up as the Dark Lords of the Sith and founding both the Sith Empire and the Sith Order.

Up until the Great Hyperspace War, the Sith Empire never forgot the Republic or the Jedi, but didn't have the hyperspace coordinate information necessary to return to that region of the galaxy, so no member of the Sith species encountered Republic citizens or Jedi until the war. The Republic military forces were focused on total extermination after the tide of the war turned in their favor, and the remnants of the Sith Empire essentially split in two - the major remnant left under the leadership of a Lord named Vitiate (who would crown himself Emperor, and is still alive in this game's timeframe), and the others sought exile with Dark Lord Naga Sadow on Yavin IV.

(Also, as an aside, the Dark Side of the Force is called the Bogan, not the Sith. Sith can refer to a religion of the Dark Side, to the Empire, to the species, or to a culture, but it is not synonymous with Dark Side of the Force.)

12.28.2011 , 10:50 PM | #4
While I know that Flesh Raiders can become Jedi (who eat the flesh of sentient species) I think the sith are to corrupt. Their companion skill is punish, which I don't think would be tolerated by the Jedi. While it may be bad writing, I think there are simply no good sith as they are inbred evil incarnate.

12.29.2011 , 12:32 AM | #5

Beaten to it I see.
"Peace is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice" - Harrison Ford

12.29.2011 , 12:57 AM | #6

Pretty much explains the Sith species.