Alacrity No Longer Affecting GCD

Lord_Keyrus

So, as the Patch Notes state, Alacrity has been changed so that it no longer affects the gcd, essentially rolling back to pre 3.0 Alacrity. I am wondering why this was done, and why it was not mentioned anywhere before the patch notes were released yesterday. I was testing on the dummy a bit before I started the new story, and without the gcd being affected by Alacrity along with everything else, none of my procs line up properly anymore, and I was actually doing less damage than if I had no Alacrity at all. Not to mention that this also means there will be downtime on DoTs unless you have a very specific amount of Alacrity and adjust your rotation accordingly, which may not even be possible (idk, I haven't really gone into the math on that). Was the intention here to make Alacrity a healer only stat again?

Yeah, I just noticed that my alacrity augments are giving me weird amounts of alacrity. A 228 is still giving me 96 alac, but a 242 is only giving me like 58. But the 242 is also giving me 50 endurance, and I am pretty positive it used to give me mastery rather than endurance.

Eric clarified subsequently:

I do actually feel like things are slower, but maybe it's just in my mind... :confused:

His clarification was that it affects both stim cds and the gcd all the time. People were asking if it only affected gcd when a stim was on. I tested it on a dummy with StarParse open and my apm was right at 45, which is what it would be with no Alacrity. It only affects ability cds, internal proc timers, and resource regeneration now, which makes everything get out of sync.

Yeah, I just noticed that my alacrity augments are giving me weird amounts of alacrity. A 228 is still giving me 96 alac, but a 242 is only giving me like 58. But the 242 is also giving me 50 endurance, and I am pretty positive it used to give me mastery rather than endurance.

I seem to recall reading in the pre-update discussion that the 228 augments stayed the same but the later augments lose most of their tertiary stats until you get back to the max level ones. It was suggested to stick with the 228 until you could get your armor levels maxed before spending the time and coin for the max level augments. Struck me as odd, but apparently is intended.

I seem to recall reading in the pre-update discussion that the 228 augments stayed the same but the later augments lose most of their tertiary stats until you get back to the max level ones. It was suggested to stick with the 228 until you could get your armor levels maxed before spending the time and coin for the max level augments. Struck me as odd, but apparently is intended.

Yeah that's strange. I think I saved a bunch of 228s, so hopefully when I log in tomorrow I can get my alacrity back up. I imagine their GTN price just shot up. Also, why are those augs giving me endurance now? Didn't they use to give mastery?

1.). The equations are all new

2.). Dipstik verified that on PTS, GCD is still rounding up to the nearest tenth, so the old breakpoints of 1.4 and 1.3 still exist, they just have new targets due to new equations.

3.). Any augment more than crafted artifact purple 228s was nerfed. Tank ones are probably ok to keep but crafted 228s will give you better tertiary stats and are fairly easy to craft.

4.). The new alacrity rating goal (except for lightning/carnage/arsenal) to get 1.4 s GCD is 1212 alacrity rating and the new goal for 1.3s GCD is 3208

TL, DR: If you’re thinking the GCD isn’t working right, verify you have enough alacrity rating since the targets have changed.

1.). The equations are all new

2.). Dipstik verified that on PTS, GCD is still rounding up to the nearest tenth, so the old breakpoints of 1.4 and 1.3 still exist, they just have new targets due to new equations.

3.). Any augment more than crafted artifact purple 228s was nerfed. Tank ones are probably ok to keep but crafted 228s will give you better tertiary stats and are fairly easy to craft.

4.). The new alacrity rating goal (except for lightning/carnage/arsenal) to get 1.4 s GCD is 1212 alacrity rating and the new goal for 1.3s GCD is 3208

TL, DR: If you’re thinking the GCD isn’t working right, verify you have enough alacrity rating since the targets have changed.

The Alacrity change wasn't on the PTS. This wasn't talked about anywhere until the patch notes came out. My Alacrity is well over the first threshold, and the gcd is still as though it was at 0, while everything else is normal.

The Alacrity change wasn't on the PTS. This wasn't talked about anywhere until the patch notes came out. My Alacrity is well over the first threshold, and the gcd is still as though it was at 0, while everything else is normal.

So repeat the same test that dipstik did and post the results. You’ll have to test several runs of spamming the basic attack with alacrity at zero and alacrity above the 1202 threshold, then do a t-test on the data to see if it isn’t statistically significant anymore.