Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Once again, the demolition of smaller guilds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Once again, the demolition of smaller guilds

OolaForcebeamer
10.19.2019 , 08:45 PM | #1
The new large, and frankly, the medium planetary conquest goals are way too high for smaller guilds to achieve. I do not understand why you guys continue to make receiving top tier rewards easily available to large guilds only. Many medium and small sized guilds have been around FOR MANY YEARS and are FAMILY. Your player base is made up of more than super size guilds grinding for points. You are forcing smaller guilds to break apart and relocate to large conquest machine guilds to get high tier mats and rewards. We are very proud of our chosen guild names and our guild history and you continue to kill us off 1 by 1. The ONLY thing these new high conquest goals do is benefit the super size guilds and punish the small and medium guilds. I have been here since launch and am VERY DISPLEASED with yet again another ruthless attack on the little guys.

Toraak
10.19.2019 , 08:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OolaForcebeamer View Post
The new large, and frankly, the medium planetary conquest goals are way too high for smaller guilds to achieve. I do not understand why you guys continue to make receiving top tier rewards easily available to large guilds only. Many medium and small sized guilds have been around FOR MANY YEARS and are FAMILY. Your player base is made up of more than super size guilds grinding for points. You are forcing smaller guilds to break apart and relocate to large conquest machine guilds to get high tier mats and rewards. We are very proud of our chosen guild names and our guild history and you continue to kill us off 1 by 1. The ONLY thing these new high conquest goals do is benefit the super size guilds and punish the small and medium guilds. I have been here since launch and am VERY DISPLEASED with yet again another ruthless attack on the little guys.
You do realize that starting next week all conquest objectives are 3 times more points then this week right?
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

DarkTergon
10.19.2019 , 09:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
You do realize that starting next week all conquest objectives are 3 times more points then this week right?
next week, yes, this week, no. Yet some dumb *** decided that the guild goals will be increased this week......
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SaerethDL
10.19.2019 , 09:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
next week, yes, this week, no. Yet some dumb *** decided that the guild goals will be increased this week......
They didn't decide that, it HAS to happen that way to implement the new system starting tuesday at the launch of 6.0. They couldn't do it any other way or they would. What they will probably do is just go in and give everyone the rewards for this week like they have done before, so stop complaining and like Aaron Rodgers once said.. R-E-L-A-X
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

Ayushman
10.20.2019 , 12:45 AM | #5
yet again another ruthless attack on the little guys.
Quick! some one call the friendly neighborhood spiderman...
Jokes aside... the goals of a conquest target for a guild depends upon active and frequent players of the guild.
I have toons in three guilds... 1 large conquest guild with at least 17 or so active members, a pvp guild with 5 active members and a casual guild which is laid back... So under the circumstances, the whole fiasco seems only meh to me personally.
You want to aim leaderboards? get active members for your guild. simple.
You just want to tryhard with conquest? get a buddy or a grp of guildies and farm some objectives. simple again.
you want to let everybody know of your displeasure? well here we are. simple yet again.
Hf and gl.
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

DavidAtkinson
10.20.2019 , 02:40 AM | #6
Maybe start recruiting ?

The way I see it now on DM most of the large yield guilds will hit their 5 mil target by tuesday. It may be the same for the other yields.

If I were you, I'd start recruiting to make the guild more active. If you don't want to do that, it's your problem.. This is all about adapting to the new systems.
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

vingmotor
10.20.2019 , 03:47 AM | #7
well i personally is looking for smaller guilds. and more social ones, that chatts and not just about raiding.
so i dont think its doom yet.

DarkTergon
10.20.2019 , 03:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
They didn't decide that, it HAS to happen that way to implement the new system starting tuesday at the launch of 6.0. They couldn't do it any other way or they would. What they will probably do is just go in and give everyone the rewards for this week like they have done before, so stop complaining and like Aaron Rodgers once said.. R-E-L-A-X
They raised the cap for small guilds, without raising the points, they didn't 'Have' to do that, otherwise they would have raised the personal ones too. Even if that was something they 'had' to do, why not warn people before hand, instead of waiting for 2 days AFTER the reset, when most people had already chosen? It won't matter to most super guilds as they usually get the goal multiple times over, but it's the small guilds that are being screwed. And as for relax, I am relaxed, but you can be relaxed and pissed of at the same time, especially when you have a right to be pissed off at stupid decisions being made over and over again.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Pirana
10.20.2019 , 05:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
Do you have any sort of proof that backs up your assertion? I read the forums frequently enough to know that not one person has stated 'it had to happen this way' to implement the new system. Common sense would indicate that you're probably right.

For me, it's not so much about the lack of rewards, it's once again their lack of communication with their customers. Other than pixels, it's no different than buying something from the grocery store at the ticketed price, then heading to the cashier only to find out the internal price had been raised significantly, there, at least you have a choice.

Bottom line, EAWare once again dropped the ball by not informing their customers before the reset of Conquest to allow people to choose accordingly. Regarding Rodgers, that was a funny interview.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

OolaForcebeamer
10.20.2019 , 10:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
No , I had no idea. I am part of a semi-casual guild. If you could point me in the direction of the place you heard/read this info it would be greatly appreciated.