Warzone Loot Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Phase 2 is all about getting loot, whether that is from drops in content, purchased from vendors, or crafted. We want your thoughts! Warzone loot drops only currently have an initial implementation so it is not neccessarily fully representative of the acquisition loop. If you want to see that, please run Karagga's Palace or Hammer Station. That being said, it does have an initial implementation so do share your thoughts up to this point!

• Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?
  • Were you getting items you expected to get?

Make sure to be specific in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

Phase 2 is all about getting loot, whether that is from drops in content, purchased from vendors, or crafted. We want your thoughts! Warzone loot drops only currently have an initial implementation so it is not neccessarily fully representative of the acquisition loop. If you want to see that, please run Karagga's Palace or Hammer Station. That being said, it does have an initial implementation so do share your thoughts up to this point!

• Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?
  • Were you getting items you expected to get?

Make sure to be specific in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric

If pvp players won't be able to gear up fast throughout pvp activies swtor will loose tonnes of pvp players. Pvp players have NO DESIRE to play pve, and we need best gear to remain competetive in pvp And no, bolster isnt fixing this problem its always bugged and not boosting all stats.

Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?

Were you getting items you expected to get?

I didnt get anything, apart from the bugged arena that kicked us all in the end.

I did HS, did KP SM, and no, didnt get anything useful. Green loot? My 258 augmented gear had better stats.

Getting crates is very slow and the gear it gives isnt useful at all.

Also the system "wear whatever 270 rating gear to maybe get something better" is horrible.

"Play your way" started to feel like "Play other game that rewards you properly for your time spent".

Edited by DzastinBiberi

I only ended up doing 2 matches cause of the stupid ops frames missing bug (making healing annoying) plus one of the matches bugged out (which is a regular occurrence from what I've heard).

It looks like we get a gear box from the daily and weekly and that's it? How else are we supposed to get gear through PvP? Do we really have to rely on supplementary systems (RNG crate vendor, Renown and Kai) to get gear?.. That's ridiculous.

We've gone back to early 5.0. Way too much RNG and no clear gearing progression. How is that fun? Yes, we're 'bolstered' but how the hell are we gonna get set bonuses and tacticals? Relying on RNG for that is going to be BAD.

When devs will finally understand one very obvious thing. Pvp players need best gear for pvp, they need many enhancement for min/maxing. Pvp players have no desire spending time on operations, flash points and other non pvp content.

It seems deve policy play what you want was A LIE

PvP was bugged, didn't saw all the player of my group in frame. Also I did loose about 40 rounds (after normal first round, there was announcement about every other second). So I stucked and was removed from the instance. I played another round and won, so after 4 points the daily mission was finished. It dropped more than flashpoints, so I think it's ok compared to other activities. But will comment on loot in general in different thread.

As long there is one only one type of gear PvP gearing should take as long as PvE gearing. If you hand the best gear for free to PvPer you're pushing PvEers into PvP which will cause many to quit the game

Now if there still was Expertise gear and 258 PvP gear had equivalent stats to let's say 242 PvE gear (plus expertise on top of it) then we could talk about a faster gearing process as that gear would be far from the best in PvE

However, PvP should never become a fast track to top tier PvE gear

As long as there is only 1 type of gear gearing should go from fastest to slowest

1) NiM Ops

2) HC Ops, MM FPs, Ranked PvP

3) SM Ops, Vet FPs, unranked PvP

4) Solo stuff

As long there is one only one type of gear PvP gearing should take as long as PvE gearing. If you hand the best gear for free to PvPer you're pushing PvEers into PvP which will cause many to quit the game

Now if there still was Expertise gear and 258 PvP gear had equivalent stats to let's say 242 PvE gear (plus expertise on top of it) then we could talk about a faster gearing process as that gear would be far from the best in PvE

However, PvP should never become a fast track to top tier PvE gear

As long as there is only 1 type of gear gearing should go from fastest to slowest

1) NiM Ops

2) HC Ops, MM FPs, Ranked PvP

3) SM Ops, Vet FPs, unranked PvP

4) Solo stuff

idc if they bring pvp gear or keep pve gear pvp players must not be forced to run pve. Everyone must play whatever he WANTS TO PLAY. they need to bring expertise gear back or make pvp fast way to acquire gear i have no time and desire to run pve for a gear i will USE ONLY IN PVP!

idc if they bring pvp gear or keep pve gear pvp players must not be forced to run pve. Everyone must play whatever he WANTS TO PLAY. they need to bring expertise gear back or make pvp fast way to acquire gear i have no time and desire to run pve for a gear i will USE ONLY IN PVP!

“Play your way” seems to be more propaganda and possibly another mistruth by Bioware.

From what I’ve read and heard from other testers, pvp Bolster is still borked and gearing up in pvp is too horrible that way. Which will make pvpers need to play pve content. And as you have mentioned, it will make many ranked players leave and even causal pvpers will stop playing pvp as much.

These changes throughout the whole 6.0 expansion, from the expensive crafting of gear, the low drops, the wrong RNG drops (for wrong classes), the RNG from a vendor (really stupid) and many more changes seem extremely bad from a pvp gearing and enjoyment perspective.

It would seem Bioware haven’t learnt the lessons from 5.0 and all the mistakes since with regards to excessive grinding or gearing in pvp. This WILL kill pvp if it goes ahead under this format. I definitely won’t even be resubbing to get the new “race” (which I was going to) if this sort of philosophy to gearing and grind goes ahead,

I’m now totally put off the game after reading every single PTS feed back thread. Every single change seems to be bad. Any good change is outweighed by all the negative changes that surrounding it,

It seems this is another example of Bioware taking 1 step forward with an idea and then 5 steps backwards to totally make it unpalatable. (Ie cross faction was a good idea and so was 4v4 during low pops. But they ruined those good ideas by adding matchmaking to regs and removing 4v4 during primetime pops).

Bioware, you need to keep things simple for pvpers and not keep inventing the wheel (4.x pvp gearing was the best it’s ever been)

1. Add specific pvp gear (through specific pvp currency only)

2. Make it fast to obtain

3. Make it so it’s mid (or between low to mid) tier pve gear when playing pve. (Make pve gear worse than pvp gear when pvping)

4. Add a vendor to swap/buy mods enhancements at a reasonable rate.

5. Add a vendor to buy cosmetic items or mats with pvp currency to spend the extra once you’ve fully geared

6. Have the pvp currency also drop from lowbies and Mids to reinvigorate that way to lvl up for pvpers.

None of those suggestions are new.

All have been suggested by the pvp community in the past 3 years or been used before 5.0.

All would work from a pvp perspective and would make pvp playing enjoyable for ranked and casuals alike.

It would encourage participation in all formats of pvp and not drive more pvpers from the game.

Please Bioware. Stop reinventing the wheel. All you are doing each time is ruining pvp more and driving more pvpers from the game.

Keep it simple with your ideas. Stop making it complicated. Go back to a system like we had in 4.0 and you’ll find the majority of pvpers will be happy, especially the ranked pvpers and more dedicated reg pvpers.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

“Play your way” seems to be more propaganda and possibly another mistruth by Bioware.

From what I’ve read and heard from other testers, pvp Bolster is still borked and gearing up in pvp is too horrible that way. Which will make pvpers need to play pve content. And as you have mentioned, it will make many ranked players leave and even causal pvpers will stop playing pvp as much.

These changes throughout the whole 6.0 expansion, from the expensive crafting of gear, the low drops, the wrong RNG drops (for wrong classes), the RNG from a vendor (really stupid) and many more changes seem extremely bad from a pvp gearing and enjoyment perspective.

It would seem Bioware haven’t learnt the lessons from 5.0 and all the mistakes since with regards to excessive grinding or gearing in pvp. This WILL kill pvp if it goes ahead under this format. I definitely won’t even be resubbing to get the new “race” (which I was going to) if this sort of philosophy to gearing and grind goes ahead,

I’m now totally put off the game after reading every single PTS feed back thread. Every single change seems to be bad. Any good change is outweighed by all the negative changes that surrounding it,

It seems this is another example of Bioware taking 1 step forward with an idea and then 5 steps backwards to totally make it unpalatable. (Ie cross faction was a good idea and so was 4v4 during low pops. But they ruined those good ideas by adding matchmaking to regs and removing 4v4 during primetime pops).

Bioware, you need to keep things simple for pvpers and not keep inventing the wheel (4.x pvp gearing was the best it’s ever been)

1. Add specific pvp gear (through specific pvp currency only)

2. Make it fast to obtain

3. Make it so it’s mid (or between low to mid) tier pve gear when playing pve. (Make pve gear worse than pvp gear when pvping)

4. Add a vendor to swap/buy mods enhancements at a reasonable rate.

5. Add a vendor to buy cosmetic items or mats with pvp currency to spend the extra once you’ve fully geared

6. Have the pvp currency also drop from lowbies and Mids to reinvigorate that way to lvl up for pvpers.

None of those suggestions are new.

All have been suggested by the pvp community in the past 3 years or been used before 5.0.

All would work from a pvp perspective and would make pvp playing enjoyable for ranked and casuals alike.

It would encourage participation in all formats of pvp and not drive more pvpers from the game.

Please Bioware. Stop reinventing the wheel. All you are doing each time is ruining pvp more and driving more pvpers from the game.

Keep it simple with your ideas. Stop making it complicated. Go back to a system like we had in 4.0 and you’ll find the majority of pvpers will be happy, especially the ranked pvpers and more dedicated reg pvpers.

When i arrive at home after work all i do in swtor is ranked pvp. As bladech mentioned i don't have much time for any other content except pvp. I want to remain competitive in ranked pvp and i don't believe in bolster at all. I have many maras on my account some of them are full 258 some are 230. Even though i play them all the same mara in 258 gear does 4-5k dps in dps games and 5-7k in heal/dps games. My 230 mara does 3-4k in dps games and 4-5k dps in heal games accordingly. Both had bolsters all the time both were played the same way. This bolster thing can't be trusted it is not boostig our stats as we think.

What they should do is to disentangle warzone stats from regular stats. I will repeat, again and again, the actual perfect system for PVP stats:

1) You make some stat selection choices (say, alacrity threshold / critical rating / accuracy / mastery choices, for tanks defensive stat choices, etc.), from some screen. Stats you can select are based on your spec. (edit: you should also pick set bonus on this screen)

2) Game checks your selection and gives you all your stats and set bonuses based on it. This includes armor, weapon damage, power, tech/force power, accuracy, mastery, endurance, critical rating, defense chance - everything. (Maybe have some requirement that appropriate MH-OH be equipped).

3) You play, happily enjoying your stats in a gear-free PVP. PVP still drops gear, with team ranked being somewhat equivalent to progressing by farming HM ops in the new system (or maybe MM flashpoint - it should be better than SM ops though).

Like, we obviously don't remain in the game for the grind, so there is no need to have a grind to keep us in. This system would also allow for a lot more customisation: you can balance classes in PVP by changing their PVP weapon damage / armoring, meaning PVP balance is no longer full entangled to PVE balance. You can (but don't need to) do wonky stuff like allowing people to play with < 1.2s GCD, or give people 30% accuracy if you want some specs to be able to somewhat penetrate DCDs. And it gets rid of all the PVPer gearing complaints ever.

Edited by Metthew

Just did the warzone daily (with the bugged arenas, it was hard to get) - I got four drops. I heard the weekly gives six. -OK- I guess, except for the part where I had 305 iLvL and I got four 296 pieces. I guess at least it wasn't greens / blues, I'm ok as long as in high purples, you get nothing but purple / gold.

I think it's an ok number of drops for the daily. Maybe if we could get more mod drops (not at the expense of pieces), it'd be better.

I was thinking - I am unsure how many items solo ranked and team ranked missions give right now, but it would be nice if PVP games themselves gave us rolls. Say, 1/2 rolls for an unranked arena, 2/4 rolls for a solo ranked arena or an unranked warzone, and 4/8 rolls for a team ranked arena.

Also, mandatory reminder that the chance of downgrades should be significantly reduced. We already need a lot of gear to optimize what we have, facing low roll after low roll only exacerbates the problem.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

With our next PTS patch we are making a whole bunch of changes to Spoils of War, which you can check out here. I also wanted to let you know about some changes we are making specifically for the rewards from playing PvP.

• We have added completion rewards for winning an Unranked Warzone and playing Solo/Group Ranked.
  • Increased the Renown and Tech Fragments earned from completing a Warzone.

Keep the feedback coming as you play on PTS with our next patch.

-eric

Hey folks,

With our next PTS patch we are making a whole bunch of changes to Spoils of War, which you can check out here. I also wanted to let you know about some changes we are making specifically for the rewards from playing PvP.

• We have added completion rewards for winning an Unranked Warzone and playing Solo/Group Ranked.

-eric

I think that every activity needs an increase in tech currency since the price for the gear pieces are high.

Hey folks,

-eric

Why haven't the ridiculous crafting costs been addressed yet?

Hey folks,

-eric

I'm still of the opinion that the easiest solution is to bring back pvp gear and to have the grind rate to be what it was in 4.x.

Hey folks,

-eric

I have a question about this. So when you first put out Phase 2, you said warzone loot was partially implemented - whatever that meant, with no detail about what was missing. Now you add that there are completion rewards for winning warzones... Does that mean that the "loot acquisition loop" is now complete for warzones? (Baring more changes from feedback.)

I really didn't feel like testing a partially finished system, because what a total waste of time. So... is it done now?