Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Forum permissions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zachajariah's Avatar


Zachajariah
12.28.2011 , 12:51 PM | #1
Why do I not have access while I'm currently logged in, to view my own threads I've started and threads I've posted on from the statisticts page?

Reply fast please, because if I go afk for 2 minutes I won't be able to search for this thread

carthedani's Avatar


carthedani
12.28.2011 , 12:52 PM | #2
I've noticed this as well. I'm not sure if it's still a "Work in Progress" type thing or they're having issues with it.

Aniline's Avatar


Aniline
12.28.2011 , 12:56 PM | #3
I've run into this as well.

I'll log in, go to the forums, and suddenly I'm logged out again and have to log back in again only to be logged out when I go to the forums.

Very frustrating. I think it's something in my cache/cookies from when I was viewing the forums before I bought the game. Like my cookies still think I'm unsubscribed.

Yesterday I cleared out my cache, cookies, and other temporary internet files and it hasn't given me issues since.

Edit: Ooo... the search feature... nevermind I was thinking of something else.

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
12.28.2011 , 12:56 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Viewing all of your own posts is a function of the search feature, which is currently disabled. We understand the inconvenience that this causes and will restore it as soon as possible. In the meantime, thank you for your understanding!

Zachajariah's Avatar


Zachajariah
12.28.2011 , 12:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by carthedani View Post
I've noticed this as well. I'm not sure if it's still a "Work in Progress" type thing or they're having issues with it.
Ive managed many forums before. In phpBB it's a ( literally ) 2 second fix. All you do is enable an option to allow it.

carthedani's Avatar


carthedani
12.28.2011 , 12:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Viewing all of your own posts is a function of the search feature, which is currently disabled. We understand the inconvenience that this causes and will restore it as soon as possible. In the meantime, thank you for your understanding!
This thread has nothing to do with the search feature....I'm confused now.

Zachajariah's Avatar


Zachajariah
12.28.2011 , 12:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Viewing all of your own posts is a function of the search feature, which is currently disabled. We understand the inconvenience that this causes and will restore it as soon as possible. In the meantime, thank you for your understanding!
Ah! Makes sense! Thank you for the response

Zachajariah's Avatar


Zachajariah
12.28.2011 , 01:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by carthedani View Post
This thread has nothing to do with the search feature....I'm confused now.
Well if you think about it when you're trying to view your own posts, you need to search for them first

carthedani's Avatar


carthedani
12.28.2011 , 01:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zachajariah View Post
Well if you think about it when you're trying to view your own posts, you need to search for them first
Hmmm....I guess so. I maybe mis-understood, thinking that Allison was talking about the "Search" feature for trying to find threads. Sorry

Zachajariah's Avatar


Zachajariah
12.28.2011 , 01:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by carthedani View Post
Hmmm....I guess so. I maybe mis-understood, thinking that Allison was talking about the "Search" feature for trying to find threads. Sorry
No worries! Wasn't trying to be rude