Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MS jumping from 30 to 5-10k. No issues with lsp. Fix this crap pls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
MS jumping from 30 to 5-10k. No issues with lsp. Fix this crap pls

denavin
06.30.2019 , 02:07 AM | #21
I always find these posts interesting. I live in the middle of the Pacific ocean in Hawaii. I get a consistent 135ms ping in SWToR it never varies. We don't even have any direct internet connection here unless its satellite. All our internet comes from California via Under Sea Cable. But even with 2,467 miles of cable between me and the source of the internet and 4,690 miles to BW's SWToR server, I still get that consistent ping of 135ms.

I highly doubt that any of the connection issues are because of something BW or their infrastructure is doing. Most problems with slow connections and high ping is local to your geographical location or your ISP.

But I know that it is always easier to complain about the game. Even if it has nothing to do with the problems your are experiencing.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

DavidAtkinson
06.30.2019 , 08:49 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
I always find these posts interesting. I live in the middle of the Pacific ocean in Hawaii. I get a consistent 135ms ping in SWToR it never varies. We don't even have any direct internet connection here unless its satellite. All our internet comes from California via Under Sea Cable. But even with 2,467 miles of cable between me and the source of the internet and 4,690 miles to BW's SWToR server, I still get that consistent ping of 135ms.

I highly doubt that any of the connection issues are because of something BW or their infrastructure is doing. Most problems with slow connections and high ping is local to your geographical location or your ISP.

But I know that it is always easier to complain about the game. Even if it has nothing to do with the problems your are experiencing.
It is Bioware and their infrastructure in 80% of the times....

In my case, I have 50, 56ms and the amount of lag I get is dependent on the patches and changes they get into the game.. I had periods where ability lags were totally killing my PVP(happening only in PVP) games in recent patches then getting " fixed" somehow by other patches... If it was my ISP or internet connection I would have constant problem with lag spikes and delays., but that is not the case.. it all depends on how much Bioware break their game like they did with their recent patches and CQ changes. I live in EU, and my game runs fine now.. but that could change with the next patch...

Phazonfreak
06.30.2019 , 09:38 AM | #23
Even the op never said that it happens when a new patch comes out, but every couple months out of nowhere. So patch related lag problems (which happen) are not the issue here, but routing inconsistencies. And those would never make up 80% fault on BioWare's end, even if the shifting of blame onto them seems the most obvious first step because they are the ones responsible for the game.

I too am located in europe and also play on the american servers. Quite a large distance, but still I have no problem with the ping unless it is a confirmed patching issue like the ability lag due to the conquest change, which is actually back to working as intended for me.

graycrow
06.30.2019 , 12:12 PM | #24
Same happening on Darth Malgus server, EU. My latency after last patch jumps around from 80ms to 5-6k ms. It's not ISP problem cos other games works normal, this is Bioware issue. Any "serious" gameplay (ops, pvp, harder hm fp's) is close to impossible.

denavin
06.30.2019 , 02:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by graycrow View Post
Same happening on Darth Malgus server, EU. My latency after last patch jumps around from 80ms to 5-6k ms. It's not ISP problem cos other games works normal, this is Bioware issue. Any "serious" gameplay (ops, pvp, harder hm fp's) is close to impossible.
Your lack of understanding on how the Internet works and how the Internet moves data around in astounding. Simply because you do not have problems with other games is not the fault of BW. In case you do not realize it but different games are in different geographical locations and will have different routs to and from its servers. Those routs will have different ping times and data loads depending on where they go and what rout it travels (oh and the routs are not always the same, they do change). That has nothing to do with BW. Unless you can show data that confirms that BW's servers are lagging its all Internet.

Because your game plays slow is not evidence of Server Lag. Many things can make your game slow, one you mentioned is Ping... which is not under the control of BW but rather the internet, the rout it takes and the distance you are from the server. Your ISP can also be an issue. Comcast is notorious for SLOW or inconsistent connections.

Server Lag is a very different monster. It does not simply make your game slow. It freezes it completely, then you time jump when the server catches up. I have never seen a time jump with SWToR servers. I've seen slow connections, high ping, button lag, dropped packets, ect. None of which are Server Related.

Oh and real server lag would make the game play Totally Unplayable not simply "Close to Impossible". Server Lag would not be slow it would be frozen for several seconds in duration followed by a time warp, or a total disconnect from the game because you have been frozen for so long that the game will time out.

Even DC's are not always the fault of the server. Many times the Internet, your computer, router, in-home network wiring, Wi-Fi interference, cable or DSL modem or your ISP can be the cause for many of these problems leading you to think the problem may be something that it is not in reality.

But again I reiterate. That it always easier for some people to complain about the game even if it has nothing to do with the problem that your are experiencing.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

TrixxieTriss
06.30.2019 , 07:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post

A lot comes down to routing and ISP pairing arrangements. Bioware do have their own issues, but you can tell when it’s them because everyman and his dog is complaining the forums.
If it’s only a few people with an issue or from a specific region, then it’s most likely not Bioware.

I’ve already suggested in this thread for them to do further investigation using ping Plotter and possibly take it one step further to check out a looking glass server.
People who won’t help themselves by doing basic testing are their own worse enemies.

If anyone is having problems, here is how you test using ping Plotter :

Download Pingplotter at www.pingplotter.com
Install it so you can look at the hops to the server
To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.
Now run command prompt in Administrator mode
(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.
Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232
But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.220
This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.
You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

SaerethDL
06.30.2019 , 07:45 PM | #27
I don't have issues therefore the game is fine and it's on your end, upgrade your internet and pc /s
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a subscriber) and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 1 Million Credits or more to get you started!

TrixxieTriss
06.30.2019 , 07:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
I don't have issues therefore the game is fine and it's on your end, upgrade your internet and pc /s
That’s not really fair to say that because neither are likely to fix the issue. Most of these sorts of problems cannot be fixed by the ISP, Bioware or even getting a new PC.

bladech
07.04.2019 , 03:40 PM | #29
Here we go again! Nothing during few weeks and now back to https://gyazo.com/1dfa69729a51f5ac88565601728cafa0
even though i was playing wow then decided to relog to try swtor and same crap again. All works for wow and https://gyazo.com/1dfa69729a51f5ac88565601728cafa0 in swtor continue to tell me that it's my lsp problem,pc problem etc while only swtor has such crap. In gw2 40 ms in wow 50 ms and in swtor interim jumps to 2k-40k

bladech
07.04.2019 , 03:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
A lot comes down to routing and ISP pairing arrangements. Bioware do have their own issues, but you can tell when it’s them because everyman and his dog is complaining the forums.
If it’s only a few people with an issue or from a specific region, then it’s most likely not Bioware.

I’ve already suggested in this thread for them to do further investigation using ping Plotter and possibly take it one step further to check out a looking glass server.
People who won’t help themselves by doing basic testing are their own worse enemies.

If anyone is having problems, here is how you test using ping Plotter :

Download Pingplotter at www.pingplotter.com
Install it so you can look at the hops to the server
To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.
Now run command prompt in Administrator mode
(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.
Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232
But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.220
This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.
You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.
https://gyazo.com/bb597ee2814ed9bcebf9de93919ab4e5

which of these numbers should i put into pingploter?