Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Maul and Vader

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question about Maul and Vader

Sneen
12.30.2011 , 04:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoscorp View Post
Severed at the waist then survived? lol thats some mad dark side powers.. I think the Sith just sold me... im in!
Reminds me of the Nikto Dark Jedi Maw, in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. In the intro-film, where Qu Rahm is interrogated by Jerec and his cronies (including Maw) you see that he is cut clean in half by Qu Rahm, but later on he's the first of the Dark Jedi (if memory server me right) to be fought. You see then that his upper body is placed on some sort of repulsor-sled-thingie. Cut in half & cleardly survived to ordeal.

Karkais
12.30.2011 , 07:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoscorp View Post
I just found it funny that they didn't say "Mauls body was found by so-and-so and brought back to "this place" and was put back together with cyborg enhancements blah blah" all it says is basically "Maul was sliced in half, he was perfectly ok and continued his mission" lol
He got better.

Quote: Originally Posted by ScheurK View Post
Well we know that Maul got resurrected, though his body was cut in half.
Why didn't Sidious learn this ritual in order to restore Vader to his former more powerful self?
Well, why would he resurrect someone who just threw him to a nearly bottomless chasm?
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

KorbinArmand
12.30.2011 , 09:37 AM | #13
"Naboo was merely a setback" Darth Maul

ObiQuiYett
12.30.2011 , 09:52 AM | #14
It's not completely clear on Maul's fate, yet. That will be revealed in upcoming episodes of Clone Wars.

Txindoki
12.30.2011 , 10:00 AM | #15
For those curious this is what happens apparently.

Spoiler

masterleonidas
12.30.2011 , 10:07 AM | #16
I also know that Darth Maul's coming back in the clone wars series. I read it once on the star wars website.

Omnitheo
12.30.2011 , 01:28 PM | #17
Neither were completely ruined by the destruction of their bodies, but it did mean that neither could achieve their full potential.

Maul is a natural being, and thus even being cloned would result in a being of comparable strength (given similar training or mind transfer).

Vader on the other hand is not natural, he was conceived via the force, and no cloned body would have the same potential. Therefore, Plaguis/Sidious plan of the perfect apprentice failed when Anakin was "destroyed". He was still powerful, just no longer as much as he could have been.

That's my take anyways