Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

US competitive PvP server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
US competitive PvP server

KodiakAsh
12.13.2011 , 10:23 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Dustfinder View Post
A group of very skilled players can easily kill a group double thier size if they are good. Just because you have more numbers does not always mean you will win the fight.
You have the most crack squad organized force in the world of super nerd time players, math is just math. As the numbers in combat scale, the worse it gets for the smaller side. Is 3v6 possible? Sure. Is 10v20 possible? Alright. 50v100? Yikes. 100v200? Good luck.

That is part of the reason why those hardcore, highly skilled guilds keep it small. That environment is where they excel and perform even better.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheDirtyRider View Post
EvE allows a group of good players to trounce larger groups in a variety of situations. I've personally won devastating victories while heavily outnumbered.
EVE came out when? Again we're talking about button masher, level based, zero consequence PvP here in TOR. Think WOW, WAR, AOC, etc.

Ptriv
12.13.2011 , 10:25 PM | #42
Nyghoma, I don't know who you are but keep doin yo thang mane, these dudes are haters.

Also, The Fatman ftw.

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 10:25 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by KodiakAsh View Post
You have the most crack squad organized force in the world of super nerd time players, math is just math. As the numbers in combat scale, the worse it gets for the smaller side. Is 3v6 possible? Sure. Is 10v20 possible? Alright. 50v100? Yikes. 100v200? Good luck.

That is part of the reason why those hardcore, highly skilled guilds keep it small. That environment is where they excel and perform even better.

EVE came out when? Again we're talking about button masher, level based, zero consequence PvP here in TOR. Think WOW, WAR, AOC, etc.
100v200 is easy. It's actually easier the more numbers you add, as long as you keep the ratios even.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Kadabrax
12.13.2011 , 10:27 PM | #44
After looking through all the guilds websites, applications and such, I still think Terentatek has the best guilds with the least zerg guilds mass recruiting baddies. Plus, most guilds there have really good players.

Ptriv
12.13.2011 , 10:27 PM | #45
But seriously, swtor is nothing but zerg. I'll save the epeen flexing until after we get arenas.

Nyghoma
12.13.2011 , 10:27 PM | #46
Yeah your right I'm misreading the board. I'm confused.

That wz was me and Somniferous (who was in his 30s at the time), vs a pug, that had one of our guildies on your side, Soraka.

So technically that wz had no premades. I might have been thinking of another game.

But it doesn't change my OP. I WZ alot and you Faction were a mediocre player at best. Everyone on DM knew that.
Quote: Originally Posted by Norah View Post
I personally think BioWare just needs to nerf Nyghoma. Dude (or dudette) single-handedly wins games.
Anchorhead PVP

strakt
12.13.2011 , 10:28 PM | #47
The Fatman.

Ptriv
12.13.2011 , 10:28 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadabrax View Post
After looking through all the guilds websites, applications and such, I still think Terentatek has the best guilds with the least zerg guilds mass recruiting baddies. Plus, most guilds there have really good players.
I'm watching that stream bro, thanks for the entertainment.

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 10:30 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyghoma View Post
Yeah your right I'm misreading the board. I'm confused.

That wz was me and Somniferous (who was in his 30s at the time), vs a pug, that had one of our guildies on your side, Soraka.

So technically that wz had no premades. I might have been thinking of another game.

But it doesn't change my OP. I WZ alot and you Faction were a mediocre player at best. Everyone on DM knew that.
It's pretty funny watching you go down the boards, taking random names and trying to save face. I couldn't have made you look worse myself (other than by dominating you so hard ingame, which I did)
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

reofjsof
12.13.2011 , 10:30 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyghoma View Post
In every MMO there's a culture of players who form self-sustaining cliques, where every member talks about how great all the other members are. In truth, none of them are any good, and that becomes evident when they actually go up against people who aren't in their clique--and get annihilated.

looks like you're the king of your own little clique