Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

US competitive PvP server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
US competitive PvP server

Dustfinder
12.13.2011 , 10:11 PM | #31
A group of very skilled players can easily kill a group double thier size if they are good. Just because you have more numbers does not always mean you will win the fight.

TheDirtyRider
12.13.2011 , 10:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by KodiakAsh View Post
The problem is in world PvP you can be 100% awful so long as you got the numbers it doesn't matter these days. There has been a game in years where 2:1 odds on a large scale (IE: 100 people vs 200 people) can be won simply due to game mechanics. Even if the 200 just did auto attack it's more than enough to take down the 100.

That's why in WAR Ruin basically ground Dark Crag into the dirt. Not because of skill, honestly they were terrible, but you don't really need individual skill if you can herd the zerg into the right direction to trample your opponents. Once the Praag merger fell into place Ruin was getting routed regularly because there was actual competition at that point.

It's also why population ratios actually mean something. With Huttball you can easily que up against your own faction so there's always Warfronts to do so all that will ultimately end up mattering is World PvP where numbers mean everything.
EvE allows a group of good players to trounce larger groups in a variety of situations. I've personally won devastating victories while heavily outnumbered.
EvE Online: Hal Safon
CEO: Tear Production and Manufacturing Services

KodiakAsh
12.13.2011 , 10:14 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TPBHatchet View Post
guilds with high number of players means they recruited anybody that wanted to join, they all are garbage except for like 10 people, and plan on zerging.. Sorry, thats not competitive PvP, thats just a p*ssing contest.

Space Blasters on rolling on Hedarr Soongh, Republic... and there will be competitive PvP on that server.

Good day.
The problem with that theory is that those big guilds come and go but the population tends to always stay high. I can't count the number of games that everyone rushes to play, then 2 months down the line you start to see massive population drops (for whatever various reasons) it's really only those big servers that are still enjoyable after any length of time.

Deal with the short term issues to have long term enjoyment.

Nyghoma
12.13.2011 , 10:15 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
Yeah, except by pugs:
http://i.imgur.com/Mgs2S.jpg

UNBEATABLE PVP PROFESSIONAL MASTERS.

You and your guild were and are nothing but people with way too much time on their hands to pump into grinding Warzones against level 10's in the beta - truly pathetic that you put equate time invested to skill so heavily. That I can dominate so hard against your group when I had 0 PvP gear and apparently "never pvped" is telling. But you can pretend you were "The Best" on the forums!
What's that the one match you ever won? I would have saved that SS too. It just proves that you saved it as a trophy.

And btw it was a "pug", Acedia wasnt in our guild.

Faction, ppl didn't even know you existed in WZs. FYI.
Quote: Originally Posted by Norah View Post
I personally think BioWare just needs to nerf Nyghoma. Dude (or dudette) single-handedly wins games.
Anchorhead PVP

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 10:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by KodiakAsh View Post
The problem is in world PvP you can be 100% awful so long as you got the numbers it doesn't matter these days. There has been a game in years where 2:1 odds on a large scale (IE: 100 people vs 200 people) can be won simply due to game mechanics. Even if the 200 just did auto attack it's more than enough to take down the 100.

That's why in WAR Ruin basically ground Dark Crag into the dirt. Not because of skill, honestly they were terrible, but you don't really need individual skill if you can herd the zerg into the right direction to trample your opponents. Once the Praag merger fell into place Ruin was getting routed regularly because there was actual competition at that point.

It's also why population ratios actually mean something. With Huttball you can easily que up against your own faction so there's always Warfronts to do so all that will ultimately end up mattering is World PvP where numbers mean everything.
You use WAR in your example. In WAR, there were plenty of small guilds dedicated to zerg busting. You could quite realistically take on groups 4 or 5 times your owns size in that game.

Kind of a bad one to use as an example. SW:TOR is designed fundamentally differently of course, but it has been proven time and time again that unorganized zergs of idiots can and will fall to much smaller groups.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

TheDirtyRider
12.13.2011 , 10:16 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyghoma View Post
What's that the one match you ever won? I would have saved that SS too. It just proves that you saved it as a trophy.

And btw it wasn't a "pug", I'm friends with Microwave and he was running a 50's premade in that wz, you just got lucky that you were in their queue.

Lol.... You should stop posting before you embarass yourself more.
EvE Online: Hal Safon
CEO: Tear Production and Manufacturing Services

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 10:17 PM | #37

And btw it wasn't a "pug", I'm friends with Microwave and he was running a 50's premade in that wz, you just got lucky that you were in their queue.

Microwaves on your team in that SS. I screenshotted it because you lost to a pug and I killed your entire team by myself.

LOL! At least you've got the counter argument of "Well, you didn't grind Warzones in beta like I did!! I played a lot guys!! CHECKMATE"

Have fun in obscurity on Anchorhead, Nyghoma!
AKA Faction

reofjsof
12.13.2011 , 10:18 PM | #38
Quote:
he was #1 in score, I'd say the premade got lucky
Quote:
because that's what being good at PvP is all about

Nyghoma
12.13.2011 , 10:18 PM | #39
I meant to say Acedia. My bad!
Quote: Originally Posted by Norah View Post
I personally think BioWare just needs to nerf Nyghoma. Dude (or dudette) single-handedly wins games.
Anchorhead PVP

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 10:20 PM | #40
I meant to say Acedia. My bad!
Acedia was also on your team in that screenshot, however, judging by the fact he did 0 damage and healing, he left the game before it even started and got replaced.

Any other misdirection?
AKA Faction