Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you beat hard mode instances when all the bosses enrage at 50% hp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How do you beat hard mode instances when all the bosses enrage at 50% hp?

Togx
12.28.2011 , 03:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Phorsaken View Post
This is why you don't need damage meters. It's obvious without anyone in this thread even seeing the fight to know the problem is the DPS. Don't need a meter to tell you that.
What if one of the dpsers is doing outstanding dps and the other one is doing less damage than the tank, how will you know?

Phorsaken
12.28.2011 , 03:45 PM | #22
Common sense. If they're enraging with 50% health still then you aren't having trouble with just one DPS it's most likely most of the DPS. If you're falling just short then it is probably just one which you can tell by simply watching your raid. I've played just about every MMO since Meridian 59 and never had issue telling who the slackers where in a raid. Just have to watch whats going on and what isn't. Also playing with people you know and can rely on helps.
-Phorsaken

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 03:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
If you're a healer, what does what gear you're wearing matter to the DPS your group is doing?

Are your DPS also in full champion gear? If they are, they completely suck at their classes.

Battle of Ilum and Fallen Emperor
He accused me of having a poor rotation, i said i'm the healer. L2Read.

Keengamer
12.28.2011 , 03:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gozinya View Post
Is your party also decked out in PvP gear? That would be a huge problem. I would imagine you have stats that are useless help against hardmode bosses.
Champion Gear is easily enough for Black Talon Boarding Party and Foundry. Easily killed all but the Boarding Party last boss because it's ridiculous and Foundry last boss because someone misplaced a decimal point. All without enraging. Haven't done the others.

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 03:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nussianis View Post
*Sigh* and now we enter the PvP gear vs. PvE gear issue I've seen way to often. IF you're wearing full PvP gear and attempting a hard mode operation, that's your problem right there. Especially if the rest of your raiders are doing the same thing. Run the others in normal mode till you can replace that PvP gear. (The expertise stat does NOTHING for PvE content whatsoever). Not sure why people think high level PvP gear will hold them through hard raids.

*edit* Oh those other stats like power, surge etc, are actually better on the raid PvE gear than your PvP gear.
Have you even seen the stats on end game pvp and pve gear? They are virtually identical. PVE gear has a tiny bit more to your primary stat and endurance, whereas pvp gear has the pvp stat.

A tiny bit less endurance and aim isn't going to make it suddenly undoable.

Also, champion pvp gear is massively better than normal 50 instance gear. Learn the game before you post like you do.

Keengamer
12.28.2011 , 03:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Donnicton View Post
She always enrages at 10%.
No she doesn't

kaesebreze
12.28.2011 , 03:57 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRabbit View Post
If you're wearing champion gear you have lower stats and an expertise bonus. Expertise does nothing for PVE content. However, it should still be plenty for hard mode Black Talon from what I've seen.
This is so wrong.

Champion Gear is Itemlvl 56, this alone gives a major increase to your primary stat over ANY Hardmode Itemlvl 51 Item, plus a major increase in one secondary stat.

The lack of another secondary stat is outdone by the huge increase in your primary stat due to the Itemlvl.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."...

Mobiwang
12.28.2011 , 04:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterWarlock View Post
He accused me of having a poor rotation, i said i'm the healer. L2Read.
I accused you of a poor rotation. L2RememberWhoSaidWhat

You said you weren't killing mobs before they hit enrage, then said that you had Champion PVP gear. The logical conclusion to those 2 statements is that you're a DPS.

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 04:23 PM | #29
I accused you of a poor rotation. L2RememberWhoSaidWhat

You said you weren't killing mobs before they hit enrage, then said that you had Champion PVP gear. The logical conclusion to those 2 statements is that you're a DPS.
The guy said i might be wearing level 40 greens, so I said I have champion gear. You L2read again.

Syas
12.28.2011 , 04:39 PM | #30
If you're a healer, what does what gear you're wearing matter to the DPS your group is doing?
Dead men don't DPS.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke