Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Night Life 2019 Decos Overwriting Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle Decos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Night Life 2019 Decos Overwriting Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle Decos
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediBoadicea
06.10.2019 , 12:56 AM | #1
There's time to fix this before Nightlife goes live, so I hope someone sees this!

Already in the decos inventory UI, updates have been made to include decos from the upcoming Nightlife event. Two of those decos share the exact same name as decos already released via the Cartel Market as part of the Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle:

Rodian Patron (Female)
Weequay Patron

As a result, the previous decos (from the Bundle) are no longer accessible to search or to place. Essentially, they've been overwritten.

Please make sure to update the names on the new Nightlife decos before it launches, and push the correction out to the decos inventory UI so that we can access our old decos again!

This is a recurring problem, actually - the problem of releasing new decos with identical names to previous ones. It's happened with the Hanging Vines, with Security Monitors, with the Luxury Sconce, with the Stoneray, with the Iknayid, and others. In some cases (like the Hanging Vines, Stoneray, and Iknayid) it's still not fixed, and some of those are decos bought with real money. This should be easily avoidable if, when creating a name for a new deco, someone just did a search on the existing decos database and checked that it's not already in use! Since it actually effectively erases our access to decos (again some of which are purchased with real money) I think this should be a standard safety check for going forward.

MagSul
06.10.2019 , 12:20 PM | #2
That's a really good catch! That could have been a huge pain down the line.

JediBoadicea
06.15.2019 , 01:49 PM | #3
Just bumping this up in case it got missed by the quality 'droids' on the forum before it got bumped down, and with Nightlife just around the corner. Emergency Monday fixity! Please fix it before folks start unlocking the new decos and the problem compounds.

DakhathKilrathi
06.16.2019 , 02:22 AM | #4
this seems like it might be pretty important can you guys consider fixing this one

DakhathKilrathi
06.17.2019 , 04:43 AM | #5
I'm bumping this again because this is pretty important. I know you all have a lot to deal with all the time and you're probably understaffed but this affects something people have paid real money for. That should make it a pretty high priority.

Let us know you're aware of it please?

QA_Droid
06.17.2019 , 01:30 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello everyone! I wanted to give a quick update on this. We're investigating the issues with the Weequay Patron and the Rodian Patron as well as some other decorations exhibiting the same behavior. The difficulty so far is that everything is looking correct internally, despite the issue being very apparent on our live servers. We're still looking into what's making this happen and I'll update you all when I have more information to share!

Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
There's time to fix this before Nightlife goes live, so I hope someone sees this!

Already in the decos inventory UI, updates have been made to include decos from the upcoming Nightlife event. Two of those decos share the exact same name as decos already released via the Cartel Market as part of the Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle:

Rodian Patron (Female)
Weequay Patron

As a result, the previous decos (from the Bundle) are no longer accessible to search or to place. Essentially, they've been overwritten.

Please make sure to update the names on the new Nightlife decos before it launches, and push the correction out to the decos inventory UI so that we can access our old decos again!

This is a recurring problem, actually - the problem of releasing new decos with identical names to previous ones. It's happened with the Hanging Vines, with Security Monitors, with the Luxury Sconce, with the Stoneray, with the Iknayid, and others. In some cases (like the Hanging Vines, Stoneray, and Iknayid) it's still not fixed, and some of those are decos bought with real money. This should be easily avoidable if, when creating a name for a new deco, someone just did a search on the existing decos database and checked that it's not already in use! Since it actually effectively erases our access to decos (again some of which are purchased with real money) I think this should be a standard safety check for going forward.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AscendingSky
06.17.2019 , 03:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by QA_Droid View Post

Hello everyone! I wanted to give a quick update on this. We're investigating the issues with the Weequay Patron and the Rodian Patron as well as some other decorations exhibiting the same behavior. The difficulty so far is that everything is looking correct internally, despite the issue being very apparent on our live servers. We're still looking into what's making this happen and I'll update you all when I have more information to share!
Change the names on the new decos coming out. Change the names of the existing decorations that already have the same name. That's all you have to do. That's how you fix the problem. It's how you fixed it in the past (with the Security Monitor and Luxury Sconce decorations; you changed the names of all decos involved, and now they all can be looked up as intended). This really shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out or take months and years of head-scratching to correct.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Mythsra
06.22.2019 , 08:56 AM | #8
This is still very much a bug in live. Tried to access the weequay and rodian patrons from the underworld patrons bundle with no luck. Only seeing the nightlife 2019 patrons.
iŻi▀▀K. A. E. S.▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך██████████▓▒░Loyal Servant of the Sith Empire░▒▓██████████

Nmyownworld
06.26.2019 , 08:31 PM | #9
Wish I'd seen this thread before I purchased the Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle. Hopefully, there is a fix in the near future.

Alphahorizon
06.29.2019 , 01:12 PM | #10
Likewise. As I was decorating my Nar SH I not6iced it. Real world money has been spent guys. Come on.