Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Coruscant is literally the center of the universe....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Coruscant is literally the center of the universe....

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 11:37 AM | #1
So I have been an avid Star Wars fan for a very long time. I have read a lot of the books and kept up with the Expanded Universe. I wanted to play a Bounty Hunter-can go anywhere and do anything for a buck.

Coruscant being a Republic only thing is pretty heart wrenching. It is a city planet. I know a lot of work went into that planet. The teaser videos they gave us, and my only option is to re-roll something Republic to even go there.

Pretty much makes me a sad panda. Still trying to wrap my head around a lot of these design decisions.

xVexillex's Avatar


xVexillex
12.28.2011 , 11:40 AM | #2
so strange that the capital of the republic is for the republic... wait a sec

truedark's Avatar


truedark
12.28.2011 , 11:43 AM | #3
The war in SWTOR is a lot like North and South Korea, neither side is going to visit each other and they like to **** with each other because they know its not going to last.
CE VIP

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 11:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xVexillex View Post
so strange that the capital of the republic is for the republic... wait a sec
Except those shiny Star Wars The Old Republic books that they sold me beg to differ.

IlexGlabra's Avatar


IlexGlabra
12.28.2011 , 11:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
Coruscant being a Republic only thing is pretty heart wrenching. It is a city planet. I know a lot of work went into that planet. The teaser videos they gave us, and my only option is to re-roll something Republic to even go there.
You should. The first time I made it to the Big City, I strolled around like a tourist, taking screenshots of all the shiny buildings.

Honestly though, it's more or less the same as Nar Shadaa, but without all the neon.

Kumando's Avatar


Kumando
12.28.2011 , 11:51 AM | #6
Yeah i think its a bad decision from the devs, we should be able to go anywhere in the galaxy, if the reason is ganking make them safe zones with pvp avaible only by flaging.

Shadyne's Avatar


Shadyne
12.28.2011 , 11:52 AM | #7
Well if it makes you feel any better Coruscent is really kinda boring. A lot of running from platform to platform.

Since there is no real free roam you dont ever get the feel of the size or just the coolness factor of a giant planet that is one big city. But hey its a throw away low level quest area Ill never go back to! (except alts or if Jaxo calls) So eh *shrug*

Keeheen's Avatar


Keeheen
12.28.2011 , 12:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
Except those shiny Star Wars The Old Republic books that they sold me beg to differ.
I read those books to and they say its in republic space but I'm sure there are Imperial spy's messing around there but for lore/mmo sake it wouldn't make sense to see hundrerds of sith
on the republics capital word. Just like it makes sense why you would never see republic players on DC, according to the lore the republic doesnt know it's location.
Whýstler - D F R
Former IMP Master BH/Master Pistoleer
Eye Shot Master

CthulhuRyleh's Avatar


CthulhuRyleh
12.28.2011 , 12:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadyne View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better Coruscent is really kinda boring. A lot of running from platform to platform.

Since there is no real free roam you dont ever get the feel of the size or just the coolness factor of a giant planet that is one big city. But hey its a throw away low level quest area Ill never go back to! (except alts or if Jaxo calls) So eh *shrug*
Agreed 100% couldn't wait to get off of Coruscant myself.

pocketthesaurus's Avatar


pocketthesaurus
12.28.2011 , 12:01 PM | #10
I don't get it.

In Galactic Empire era, Coruscant was covered in Imperial troops and almost no rebels were there. And you mean to tell me that in the Republic era, it is covered in Republic troops and almost none of the outlaw faction known as the Sith Empire are there?

I'M CONFUSED!