Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Decorations that Still Can't be Donated to Guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Decorations that Still Can't be Donated to Guild
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediBoadicea
05.13.2019 , 08:02 PM | #1
First off, I want to thank the team for doing a big sweep of decos some months back and updating almost everything so that copies can be purchased for guild. A whole bunch of decos that were previously needlessly locked from donation have now been opened up, and this has been a wonderful change. Thank you!

Now, please just catch the few decos that slipped through the cracks when you made this change.

With the change, it now seems clear that these remaining decos that can't be donated are absolutely bugs. With very few exceptions, they all belong to categories that now can be donated. For example: all anniversary decos can be donated, except only the 3rd anniversary ones. All reputation faction decos can be donated, except for the Abstract Rectangles painting. All CM items can be donated, except for a handful like the Scorpion TK Weapon Rack and the Arneclin Masterpiece paintings and the Model Umbaran Train. All Flashpoint and Operations decos are clearly meant to be donatable but there's still a handful that are locked out.

The spreadsheet I maintain here can be filtered to NA/Physical Donation on the Guild Donation Price category in order to see the full details on these items, but behind the spoiler tag below I just list out the names of the decos in question that still can't be donated.

Spoiler

There are probably some others too, that I can't verify because I don't personally have them unlocked (I'm thinking specifically the PVP ones). But at the very least I can confirm that these aren't donatable, and based on the context of all other decos of their type they probably should be.

QA_Droid
05.16.2019 , 07:43 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Thank you so much for this post and your diligence JediBoadicea! We are taking a look into these decorations to figure out why they can't be donated to a guild. I'll reply again when I have more information to share!

Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
First off, I want to thank the team for doing a big sweep of decos some months back and updating almost everything so that copies can be purchased for guild. A whole bunch of decos that were previously needlessly locked from donation have now been opened up, and this has been a wonderful change. Thank you!

Now, please just catch the few decos that slipped through the cracks when you made this change.

With the change, it now seems clear that these remaining decos that can't be donated are absolutely bugs. With very few exceptions, they all belong to categories that now can be donated. For example: all anniversary decos can be donated, except only the 3rd anniversary ones. All reputation faction decos can be donated, except for the Abstract Rectangles painting. All CM items can be donated, except for a handful like the Scorpion TK Weapon Rack and the Arneclin Masterpiece paintings and the Model Umbaran Train. All Flashpoint and Operations decos are clearly meant to be donatable but there's still a handful that are locked out.

The spreadsheet I maintain here can be filtered to NA/Physical Donation on the Guild Donation Price category in order to see the full details on these items, but behind the spoiler tag below I just list out the names of the decos in question that still can't be donated.

Spoiler

There are probably some others too, that I can't verify because I don't personally have them unlocked (I'm thinking specifically the PVP ones). But at the very least I can confirm that these aren't donatable, and based on the context of all other decos of their type they probably should be.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JediBoadicea
08.07.2019 , 07:08 PM | #3
I checked through this list again today to update my spreadsheet, and I noticed that the Holocron of Dread and Holocron of Fear have been updated and can now be donated. Thank you!

Two down and a bunch left to go, but we're still a galaxy better on this than we used to be. Thanks for the changes and please keep them coming. It took me two years to get that Kuat Drive Yards art, I would really desperately love to display it in the guild!

JediBoadicea
12.16.2019 , 11:36 PM | #4
Resurrecting this thread to point out the decos that still can't be donated to guild. We've come a long way with catching all of these, and thanks to the team for that. If we can just nab these last stubborn and oddball hold outs, we'd be all the way there!

As of today, the below still cannot be donated to the guild, neither by credit cost nor physical donation. Most are achievement grants, though the underlined two are Cartel Market items and those for sure should universally be donatable. The 3rd Anniversary decos are the only ones of all the Anniversary decos that can't be donated, and unfortunately they're some of the nicest, so here's hoping!

3rd Anniversary Fireworks Launcher
3rd Anniversary Galactic Memorial
Alem "Whisper" Reesus Holo
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Coruscant
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Dromund Kaas
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Korriban
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Nar Shaddaa
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Rishi
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Tatooine
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Tython
Art: 3rd Anniversary Celebration - Yavin 4
Art: Nerfs
Caller in the Dark Holo
D-5X Volitile Demolition Droid Holo
Jai Quallo's Sand Worm Holo
Model Umbaran Train
Rakesh the Foul Holo
Scorpion TK Weapon Rack
Trophy Art: Alderaan Civil War
Trophy Art: Ancient Hypergate
Trophy Art: Huttball
Trophy Art: Kuat Drive Yards
Trophy Art: Novare Coast
Trophy Art: The Voidstar
Trophy Art: Yavin Ruins

JediBoadicea
01.22.2020 , 09:30 PM | #5
With a new SH about to be released, please take the time to address many of the long-standing bugs with strongholds.

Bumping this subject since all of the decos I called out in the post just above this one still can't be donated to guilds.

Starknaga
02.28.2020 , 07:19 AM | #6
I can't donate any companion-decoration? Is this bug or it's supposed to be this way?

JediBoadicea
02.28.2020 , 07:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Starknaga View Post
I can't donate any companion-decoration? Is this bug or it's supposed to be this way?
We've never been able to donate copies of companions to guilds, unfortunately. Who knows what goes into the coding mess behind the scenes that explains that limitation, or if it's just a deliberate design choice by the devs. Companions-as-decorations are only ever placeable by the character who has the companion unlocked, and in personal strongholds only.

Now that the thread has been bumped... psssssst, devs, all of the decos mentioned in my post from 12.17.19 still can't be donated.