Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

List of Sorcerer bugs and nuances I have encountered.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
List of Sorcerer bugs and nuances I have encountered.

Drotara
12.28.2011 , 11:35 AM | #1
List of bugs I have encountered will playing Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer, currently level 39 on Qwesh (or whatever it's called).

Some of these are general problems, some are class related. Also you might classify some of them as nuances or quality-of-life items and not bugs. There are also a couple things I would really like to see added that wouldnít be considered major additions like mods or macros. Pardon my thoughts bouncing all over the place.
  1. Khemís tank stance and AoE abilities will randomly be turned on.
  2. Casting Force Lightning very quickly after another ability can sometimes cause ticks of damage to miss. I have even had it occasionally channel itself without any lightning being fired at all, doing no damage.
  3. Khem takes an abnormally long time to respond to commands. Adronikos fires almost immediately but Khem can take upwards near 5 seconds to decide to move.
  4. The stat sheet on your character panel repeatedly defaults back to melee. It would be nice if it remembered your option of which panels to display.
  5. When moving things from your inventory to your storage the game does not identify that if you already have item in your storage so it takes a new slot rather than stacking with the existing items.
  6. After stopping moving and attempting to cast something like Force Lightning, it can take another .5-1 seconds for the game to identify that you are not moving.
  7. Somewhat related, casting an ability, reaching the end of the cast bar and then moving causes the ability to not fire frequently even though there should have been ample time for the game to recognize it finished casting. This is a highly documented problem and has a huge thread on the official forums.
  8. Switching targets, even in a Flash Point with very little around, feels unresponsive and sluggish. Especially when changing to friendly targets to heal.
  9. I have a relic placed on my action bar to use itís activation with a hot key. Anytime I learn a new ability or skill it replaces my relic hot key with the new ability even when there are empty action bar slots.
  10. Debuff type should be more easily recognized by looking at them. As it currently is, there isnít a way to determine if Purge will remove it a debuff without trying to cast it..
  11. Target of Target. I have repeatedly gone through the options to make sure I didnít miss this.
  12. Occasionally my companion will not reappear after dismounting, especially if I go straight into combat.
  13. LFG tool. I am definitely ok with NOT letting people magically port to Flash Points. But an actual functioning LFG tool would go miles in my desire to do Flash Points.

Thatís all I can think of for now. I am sure there are some actual bugs I missed but I canít recollect them at the moment. Please share any that you have encountered.

hardicon
12.28.2011 , 12:01 PM | #2
khem val getting in the way every single time you go to loot so instead of a magical goodie bag appearing on the screen you hear khem val whining about tulak horde again.

ive had all those you mentioned, especially the force lightning bug that shows the channel bar but you never shoot any lightning, never do any damage from it.

combat animations need to be synced up and responsive with what you hit. they lag behind sometimes by a second or two.

you can finish casting lightning strike or any spell and once the cast bar completes it does the animation and at the end of the animation the spell goes off, but by then the game allows you to be starting another cast. just throws everything off and you have to wait till the animation is done to start a new cast to keep it synced up yourself.

the game needs to be doing the animations while the cast bar is going off so when the cast bar ends the ability goes off, then you can start a new ability.

you covered everything i have noticed already so good job i hope bioware gets on this soon. i love the game, and this wont make me quit, but i really would like to see some changes in these areas.

winterforge
12.28.2011 , 02:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by hardicon View Post
khem val getting in the way every single time you go to loot so instead of a magical goodie bag appearing on the screen you hear khem val whining about tulak horde again.
Ugh, this one drives me bananas. He is ALWAYS in my way. I'd love to ditch him, but it's kind of hard to level as a sorcerer with no companion lol.

dotslasher
12.28.2011 , 05:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by hardicon View Post

ive had all those you mentioned, especially the force lightning bug that shows the channel bar but you never shoot any lightning, never do any damage from it.

omg yes, Khem Val is annoying the hell out of me. Everytime I want to click something he's in my way. argh!

Another bug: he seems to get stuck on certain points like not jumping down a ledge with you.
Had this with the colicoid class Quest when you had to use the serum and jump down ledges to reach the bottom for that datacron thingy.

I went downstairs started fighting, then I thought, hey: Khem is not in my way, cool!
Turns out he got stuck on a ledge and I was fighting things on my own.

The only way to fix him was dismiss - resummon.

Another bug is where he would get stuck in attackmode when you smack enemies several stories down. The enemies down there would start running at you, then run back to their position (looping). Turning Khem into passive mode was a real pain cause he would keep targetting the enemies down below.

- Another annoying bug is where you send Khem on a mission while you're doing space battles and he gets back from his mission. He would phase into the screen for half a second then phase out for the remaining flight mission.
Which is kinda weird cause if you are you on your ship you don't have a companion with you. They just stand at their spots.

- I also encountered all other bugs by the OP.

would be great if they could actually fix those. Already reported them since the start of the pre-launch.

Badgerpanic
12.28.2011 , 09:23 PM | #5
The force lightning issue is only a matter of animation. I thought I was losing tips moo, but the mob gets damaged for the ful amount, just doesn't show you casting. Tested with every spell I have cats before FL, and it does full damage every time, just the animation is funky.

usernamedenied
12.28.2011 , 11:22 PM | #6
Bump.

Biowraith
12.29.2011 , 01:06 AM | #7
Sometimes after using Static Barrier on a target, the game doesn't register that the can't-be-static-barrier'd-yet effect has ended and you are now unable to use Static Barrier on that target again until they die (or probably relog, maybe zone transition).

Not sure what triggers that bug, but makes for some fun Flashpoints...

Vreivai
12.29.2011 , 03:00 AM | #8
Another one to add to the list: occasionally force lightning will channel at normal speed when lightning barrage procs, but still consume lightning barrage. I have also noticed this bug work the other way as well, with a force lighting used immediately after a lightning barrage force lightning also benefiting from lightning barrage, even without lightning barrage active.
Why can't I electrocute everyone I meet?

BrokenLute
12.29.2011 , 03:31 AM | #9
everything I've read , I've experienced as well so far.

One more time, I emphasize one of the OP points: Target's Target! (for now it seems manageable, even with the sluggish pc/npc selection, but lack of this fairly standard ui option can come back and bite the support character in the ***).

Since Khem is a popular buggy one - after knockdown animation he tends to stay down until re-summoned.

Skuldar
12.29.2011 , 10:03 AM | #10
Another minor issue - I have to disable showing Sith corruption every time I log in now. The setting is not sticking like it used to. I've already bugged it in-game.

I'll echo the frustration at Khem's enormous hit box that causes me to waste time moving the camera every time I want to harvest or activate or talk to an NPC. It's gotten to the point that I now try to race to an object as soon as combat ends, hoping to click on it before Khem can show up and take up almost my entire clickable screen area.