Expansion to lvl 75. Is it time to reorganise PVP discussion

TrixxieTriss

With the expansion increasing the lvl cap to 75, I believe it’s a good time for Bioware to look at reorganising how PVP brackets work.

When launched, swtor had a cap of 50 and the lowbie, Mids brackets were smaller. As each progressive increase in lvls, those brackets have also gotten bigger and there is a large ability gap between the beginning of those brackets and the end. With yet another 5 lvls, this will increase again.

We also have the problem of some people wanting to lvl up in lowbies and Mids, but can’t from lack of participation before max level. This was a big side affect of the gearing system and pushing people to end game content at the expense of the rest of the game.

So IMO, it’s time we do away with lowbie, mids and the max lvl bracket setup. We need to move to a system that is similar to some other MMO games where they have just one bracket for casual pvp. People in this bracket get all max lvl abilities and bolstered gear.

This allows all casual pvpers more people to play with and does away with slow pops in lowbies and Mids.

Here is my proposal to the devs in the suggestion section. I also PM’d Musco and Daniel about it, but heard nothing back, so I’m not even sure they’ve read it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9724582#post9724582

With the expansion taking us to lvl 75, there is a big opportunity to fix pvp in the game. To know what to fix, first you need to know the problems

The current problems are :

Lowbie brackets are hardly used anymore for lvling. They aren’t learning to pvp before lvl 70

People don’t try to play the objective or win in 8v8

Some people are only in ranked to farm mats and not try

Peoples skills are diminishing because they only death match in a one big gank group at the expense of winning.

The quality of pvp matches has reached rock bottom because people are trying to learn at lvl 70 instead of lowbies.

How to fix pvp :

First, remove lowbies and Mids and just have 2 brackets and have Bolster boost everyone’s gear and abilities in the first bracket. The second bracket would still have gear Bolster too.

Casual bracket Lvl 10-75 - Everyone would have access to the abilities/utilities of lvl 75 (Gw2 and other games do this)

End game bracket Lvl 75 - to be able to enter this bracket, you must have “x” amount of wins (like 500) from the casual bracket. The wins for the current players would be reset and people would have time to get them between lvl 70 and 75.

This end game bracket is where you have your mat rewards etc, but only for winning. But NOT in ranked. Ranked should be treated separately.

End game bracket players would hopefully know how to pvp and how to win because otherwise they wouldn’t get into end game and they would want to win to get their good rewards.

Of course as the change is implemented, the end game bracket would have slow pops at first as people got better and changed how they play. But a core group would progress fast and be ready when they reach lvl 75. These numbers would grow steadily due to the good rewards only being in the end game bracket.

This would also allow people a way to lvl up again in pvp because lowbies and Mids is pretty much a dead end for lvling now and people would like that option again. Which also has the benefit of putting more players together to learn and fixes the issue of trying to work out what lvls you need set for lowbie and mid brackets.

The casual bracket also gives people a safer and more enjoyable place to learn because end game pvpers would progress to the second bracket. It would encourage people to play “some pvp” as they lvl, if they want to go straight into end game pvp at lvl 75. This also increases player skill for pve content and helps prepare them in learning “all” their classes better if they want to play end game pve.

Ranked can stay the same, but with one exception. You must be qualified as an end game pvper and there should be a gear gate.

Rewards for ranked would not be tied to mats, but would have different and better rewards at the end of the seasons. Or you could use the ranked currency with really unique and sort after vanity items.

If you’ve got your own ideas, please let us know and hopefully we can get the pvp dev team to read them.

Great idea but it would work if 1 developer team is actually listening 2 developer team plays their game so they would have a better understanding about game. None of these exists so wont work.

Great idea but it would work if 1 developer team is actually listening 2 developer team plays their game so they would have a better understanding about game. None of these exists so wont work.

It doesn’t require them playing to listen to the players and what the problems are and how to fix them.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

YES, YES YES YES! But I'm worried about the gear Requirments for ranked. I'd love it if everyone came into ranked fully geared. However, when there was a gear gate, Ranked barely popped. It's a double-edged sword. Yes, i people to be geared for ranked pvp, but I also still want Ranked to pop every night.

With the expansion increasing the lvl cap to 75, I believe it’s a good time for Bioware to look at reorganising how PVP brackets work.

When launched, swtor had a cap of 50 and the lowbie, Mids brackets were smaller. As each progressive increase in lvls, those brackets have also gotten bigger and there is a large ability gap between the beginning of those brackets and the end. With yet another 5 lvls, this will increase again.

We also have the problem of some people wanting to lvl up in lowbies and Mids, but can’t from lack of participation before max level. This was a big side affect of the gearing system and pushing people to end game content at the expense of the rest of the game.

So IMO, it’s time we do away with lowbie, mids and the max lvl bracket setup. We need to move to a system that is similar to some other MMO games where they have just one bracket for casual pvp. People in this bracket get all max lvl abilities and bolstered gear.

This allows all casual pvpers more people to play with and does away with slow pops in lowbies and Mids.

Here is my proposal to the devs in the suggestion section. I also PM’d Musco and Daniel about it, but heard nothing back, so I’m not even sure they’ve read it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9724582#post9724582

If you’ve got your own ideas, please let us know and hopefully we can get the pvp dev team to read them.

YES, YES YES YES! But I'm worried about the gear Requirments for ranked. I'd love it if everyone came into ranked fully geared. However, when there was a gear gate, Ranked barely popped. It's a double-edged sword. Yes, i people to be geared for ranked pvp, but I also still want Ranked to pop every night.

It might not have to be maxed, just based on an over all gear score that is well above average.

Also it should be set so by time they qualified in the end game bracket for ranked, they should have plenty of gear to move into ranked.