Mr. Musco (and BioWare) , Ms. Kennedy (and LUCASFILM) might be calling you soon...?

Nee-Elder

We can only HOPE? --> https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/17/lucasfilm-developing-something-knights-of-the-old-republic-related

And HERE too wow--> https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/lucasfilm-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-1203191706/

Thoughts?

Assuming the project goes thru, this is potentially good news for our game, yes?

I know there is already a somewhat related existing thread here (about SWTOR being better than Disney's recent SW films) and i know i personally have always wished/hoped for something cinematic (or series) that draws from 'The Old Republic' lore & era .

Perhaps this could maybe be the direction SW might be going, once 'Episode 9' culminates Mr. Lucas' original vision?

p.s. Eric: for any possible cross-marketing cinematic promo vids, please get 'Blur Studios' involved again! :D

Edited by Nee-Elder
another link

I'm torn. I'm one of those bitter EU oldtimers that really loathes what Disney's done with the franchise, but at the same time I do love SWTOR and would love to see promotion of the Old Republic era bring more folks into the game. I guess this particular time period is so far removed and not as "filled in" as the original EU that the potential for bulldozing pre-existing lore* is not too significant, in which case godspeed to them, assuming they can just do some good solid storytelling that fits in with what we've already got.

And amen to Blur being tapped for promotional duties again, the work they've done for SWTOR is unbelievably good. Shoot, just hand the whole movie over to them - I'd gladly watch a full-length KotOR adaptation made by Blur.

* and yes, I know that as far as Disney's concerned there is no pre-existing lore, it'd just be nice if whatever they greenlight at least pretends to have some relation to the stories that have already been told.

Even if they do a movie based on this time period, there is nothing saying they have to follow what is in the game. Remember that Disney/Lucasfilm own the rights to Star Wars and they can do a movie their way which may mean that it may not be what we are expecting regarding this time line.

Disney? No Thanks!

I'd rather have no movie than friggin Disney defiling Star Wars any further.

Tell Mickey Mouse to keep his fingers off the Legends.

Agree 100% from the standpoint of "please for the love of God stop ruining Star Wars thanks", but the silver lining to this particular ****-cloud is that SWTOR may get a funding and playerbase boost off of an Old Republic-themed movie. I doubt I'll watch it unless folks sharing my EU fetish give it a collective thumbs-up, but I'll happily play with new people checking out SWTOR because they were brought here by a new movie.

IMO Disney's already made post-Lucas Star Wars irrelevant to me, so I don't hold out much hope that a TOR movie will be any different, but the thematic link to SWTOR could be important for us as players.

If it were to happen, I would be very happy. As fan of both Legends and current Canon, bringing things alive from the Old Republic era would be bring more interest to this game and for the other Legends-content published (like Dave Filoni did in Rebels with Malachor and Mandalorian Wars).