Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character can't attack!

alAzhar
12.28.2011 , 11:09 AM | #1
Just started playing as Sith Warrior and after a few swipes of the dummy-sabre thing, I lose the secondary attack from my hotbar and then when I'm in combat mode the first attack won't even work! So my character just sort of stands there and gets mauled...any clues as to why this happens?! It says something like 'not in combat mode' and the attack option in the hotbar doesn't light up and is kind of offline or something.

Hope that's clear!

Muanthuun
12.28.2011 , 11:19 AM | #2
Sounds off to me, you have a SS of the situation?

Owsley
12.28.2011 , 11:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by alAzhar View Post
Just started playing as Sith Warrior and after a few swipes of the dummy-sabre thing, I lose the secondary attack from my hotbar and then when I'm in combat mode the first attack won't even work! So my character just sort of stands there and gets mauled...any clues as to why this happens?! It says something like 'not in combat mode' and the attack option in the hotbar doesn't light up and is kind of offline or something.

Hope that's clear!
1) Make sure you have a target or the target isn't already dead. The target's picture will appear in the bottom left and if alive and hostile, will be framed in red. If you are unclear about how to target, check your Auto Target Nearest Enemy option.
2) Certain attacks require you to have a "force" pool to use (yellow bar beneath your red health bar). For Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight, you build your pool with your primary non-force melee skill, then when you have enough bars in your force pool, your force based skill will light up.
3) Other attacks are range based and you need to be in range to use.
4) Lots of attacks have a cooldown period before you can reuse them.