Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One thing amuses me.

Dnarris
12.13.2011 , 08:21 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Firann View Post
So you dislike tweeter, facebook, insert social media but are ok with forums, another type of social media... interesting.
Yup.

You really didn't think about that though.

Megaflayer
12.13.2011 , 08:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tallyhoe View Post
You people are just finding almost anything to complain about.. Why don't you guys do what I did... Go to the gym or for a run..
There was a small bone in the boneless chicken I used to cook. Can you believe that? What a crock!

Fatebringer
12.13.2011 , 08:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by moosifer View Post
I am not against just twitter, but all social media as I feel it is killing the real communities around us. I do this in protest no because of some lame reason to not like twitter over some other social media website.
Okay.

Once again, you don't have to use Twitter as a social network. It is a completely viable option to use Twitter solely to keep updated feeds on anything you're interested in.

Stephen Reid is using his own personal Twitter to keep a lot of us appraised of what's going on. It's easier for him to handle probably, considering the massive influx of posts on the forums. It's easier for people to ask him questions and get responses. This is a bonus feature, an extra. It's not, in my opinion, something we're necessarily entitled to.

You can't really protest social media. It's sort of like the radio and television. It's one of those things that we as a society need to learn to find meaningful ways to incorporate into our lives before it can do the harm you're worried about. Not using Twitter in the way I described, not taking control of it and making it yours, is just as much a failure to help social media evolve.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." John F. Kennedy

Patzn
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Firann View Post
So you dislike tweeter, facebook, insert social media but are ok with forums, another type of social media... interesting.
That comparison is just bad.

moosifer
12.13.2011 , 08:31 AM | #25
I would quote all of you but that would take to much work on my part lol.

and as for the you cant protest social media...

many people tried to do the very same thing when the telegraph, telephone, radio, and television first came out...

They just failed (and thankfully so), and trust me I know my resistance is futile. That is not going to change the way I feel about it, and as for the arguement that this forum is social media...

Eh...

technally you have me there, but to me that is like arguing that all nude photos are **** when some of those photos are rightly classified as art.

EDIT: Really BioWare!? how can anybody get me point if they cant read my post, or should I have spelt out the full word pronography

The field of **** should read (edit out spaces) p o r n

EDIT 2: I guess I need to spell it out fully lol.
Chao AB Ordo
Beta Weekend #3, #4, & #5 Tester
(I survived 9/29)
R.I.P. . 12/1/11