Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm Dan, Like Dantooine, but the Tooine is Silent

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm Dan, Like Dantooine, but the Tooine is Silent
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
02.26.2019 , 04:04 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

As Musco alluded to in a post last week, I joined the team a few months ago and serve as the new Community Coordinator! Some of you may be now wondering, if Iíve been here for a few months, then why am I just making myself known? Well, letís go over everything that I work on.

Primarily, I handle everything involved with the articles that we create. This covers the whole process from start to finish. On top of this, I handle all the social posts across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as the game launcher itself. Over the past few months, these were handed to me piece by piece as Musco trained me accordingly. Once I had all these tasks under my belt, it was our plan to start transitioning me from solely working behind the scenes, to having a presence here on the general forums. So here we are!

I have been reading the general feedback here, especially within the past week, and it has been received. Thereís a lot that can be improved upon and Iím working on fixing some of these issues. Going forward whenever thereís a new article or news update, I will also create a thread in the relevant forum to spread the word of whatever the subject is, as well as prompt a discussion about it. For example, later this week we will be announcing the specific details involving our community Cantina event happening around Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. At the same time as I publish the article to the site, I will then create a thread highlighting it.

Throughout March we will announce what will be involved with Game Update 5.10.2, between game features and technical updates. Iíve also been working with Charles on something weíd like to bring back, which are short stories. Now since a lot goes into the making of these, itís hard to pinpoint when the first one will be published. But itís a safe bet to say it will be sometime this spring.

Another strong sentiment that Iíve noted here is the lack of a roadmap. Unfortunately, while that falls outside of my scope, in the spring/summer I would like to build a web content roadmap. This will list all the planned articles, including update announcements. These wouldnít have a hard date, but they would all be narrowed down to approximate months. For example, the Game Update 5.10.2 news would be listed as coming in the first half of March in a model like this. Iíve been working a lot behind the scenes to lay down the groundwork for the upcoming year and the fruits of that will start to bear in the upcoming months. Hopefully this post has been able to shed some light on the path weíre taking with 2019!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

kodrac
02.26.2019 , 04:10 PM | #2
Can i have your st....ooooh wait, not that kind of thread. Welcome! That text color will be a appreciated for sure as well as the website being active again.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Iíd find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Banderal
02.26.2019 , 04:16 PM | #3
Daniel Steed cannot be your real name. That's like having the name Kent Steel!

Also welcome. Looking forward to more yellow posts.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Sonicphoto
02.26.2019 , 04:41 PM | #4
Hey Dan! Thank you for your work and the team and for taking on the feedback and already working on it. I think communication is definitely key, just having a good idea what's coming or what's in the works throughout even if we don't have a proper roadmap, helps a lot.

Syal
02.26.2019 , 04:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
something weíd like to bring back,
Guess what... more grind ?
SWTOR since 2012 !
Guild Force Unifiťe French PVE
The Leviathan

Drendal
02.26.2019 , 04:49 PM | #6
Hey there Dan! Do you plan on updating the Community News section of the website? It seems it has not been updated in quite some time. The latest section on there is the roadmap from 2017.
Drendal | Founder
Make [SWTOR] Great Again

DanielSteed
02.26.2019 , 05:06 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Drendal View Post
Hey there Dan! Do you plan on updating the Community News section of the website? It seems it has not been updated in quite some time. The latest section on there is the roadmap from 2017.
Very good question! Yes, this is on my list of things to work on. The catch with this situation is we obviously don't want the Community News section to just mimic what we post in the News feed, because that would just be pointless. One of the questions I have been asking myself is "Aside from Cantina announcements, what other Community based content can we create for here?" I have no timeline at all for when there can be a notable change to this, but it is something I am striving towards.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lunafox
02.26.2019 , 05:09 PM | #8
Hello Dan,

It's nice to meet you. I'm glad you're finally speaking up. I'm Lunafox, all around general pain in the butt because I want Scourge back in a wonderful epic romance/adventure arc, and I'd like more private love scenes with Theron and Quinn. I love solo story play. I'm huge on LIs and companions and decorating. Keep me loved by my LIs and in nice digs I can decorate, and we'll get along fine and dandy. You can always make me happy by providing new exciting male, especially force using companions on a conveyor belt.

Also, you get bonus points if you like Quinn and speak well of him.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Noerra
02.26.2019 , 05:09 PM | #9
Hi Dan, nice to get you here! Things are starting to look very nice now.

Lhancelot
02.26.2019 , 05:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
It was our plan to start transitioning me from solely working behind the scenes, to having a presence here on the general forums. So here we are!

I have been reading the general feedback here, especially within the past week, and it has been received. Thereís a lot that can be improved upon and Iím working on fixing some of these issues.

Going forward whenever thereís a new article or news update, I will also create a thread in the relevant forum to spread the word of whatever the subject is, as well as prompt a discussion about it.

This sounds great!

I am looking forward to seeing you improving things around here, and really looking forward to seeing you on the forums more. Good luck and hopefully your new position is as enjoyable for you as it is helpful to us.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696