Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ossus decorations requiring premium materials

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Ossus decorations requiring premium materials

Estelindis
02.13.2019 , 05:55 AM | #1
Dear Bioware, before the recent patch I was hoping some new Ossus decorations would be added. In spite of having bought many copies of all the existing decorations, I have more Ossus relics than I can shake a stick at, and keep on buying more decorations with them so as not to go over the limit. Thus I was delighted to see some new Ossus decorations were added with this patch.

Then I saw that you made the new decorations purchasable not for the Ossus currency (relics of Ossus) but for monumental crystals, masterwork crystals, and unassembled components (which themselves can be turned into masterwork crystals). Really? Is this a mistake?

|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Noerra
02.13.2019 , 06:12 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Dear Bioware, before the recent patch I was hoping some new Ossus decorations would be added. In spite of having bought many copies of all the existing decorations, I have more Ossus relics than I can shake a stick at, and keep on buying more decorations with them so as not to go over the limit. Thus I was delighted to see some new Ossus decorations were added with this patch.

Then I saw that you made the new decorations purchasable not for the Ossus currency (relics of Ossus) but for monumental crystals, masterwork crystals, and unassembled components (which themselves can be turned into masterwork crystals). Really? Is this a mistake?

Are you kidding me? So we now have to do group content to actually decorate our strongholds?

Sarova
02.13.2019 , 06:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Noerra View Post
Are you kidding me? So we now have to do group content to actually decorate our strongholds?
It's correct. I was surprised to see they have priced new decorations using premium materials, including monumental crystals which most of us are never going to be able to get. Masterworks crystals I can sort of understand because as a solo player, after I've geared my main, I won't have much else to buy with them. Fortunately the new decorations aren't outstanding so we're not missing too much. Relics of Ossus have gone the way of dark/light currency - they will be spent on random crap just to avoid having the maximum allowed.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treatsô
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons In Strongholds
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Estelindis
02.13.2019 , 06:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Relics of Ossus have gone the way of dark/light currency - they will be spent on random crap just to avoid having the maximum allowed.
Exactly. I have also wished they would add decorations to the Dark and Light vendors so we'd have something else to do with those currencies.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

MorseGod
02.13.2019 , 06:42 AM | #5
The game really needs a unified currency instead of needing to keep track of so many different ones. Credits shuold be the universal currency. Everyone can get credits for doing any content they actually enjoy. Would some things be outrageously expensive? Yes. Would everything be in reach for all players regardless of how they enjoy playing? Yes.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

Noerra
02.13.2019 , 06:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
It's correct. I was surprised to see they have priced new decorations using premium materials, including monumental crystals which most of us are never going to be able to get. Masterworks crystals I can sort of understand because as a solo player, after I've geared my main, I won't have much else to buy with them. Fortunately the new decorations aren't outstanding so we're not missing too much. Relics of Ossus have gone the way of dark/light currency - they will be spent on random crap just to avoid having the maximum allowed.
I don't even have masterwork crystals. Only way i been gaining those been in slow unassembled component trade and those have been going for my gear. Main is not even close to full 252 and i also want to gear my alts (so not feeling like using them as mules to gear my main). I haven't had any saved UCs so i am activelly trying to gather that 500 every week to get one crystal.So no joy from these decos for me then. Feels bad.

Karameck
02.13.2019 , 07:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Noerra View Post
To be fair there was already several items that were only achievable through Operations, PvP, etc...

However I agree that having 3 different currencies used, and all of them based around the crystals is too much. At the very least swap out the unassembled components for the Relics. Iíve been hitting cap and have nothing to do with them.

Noerra
02.13.2019 , 07:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Karameck View Post
To be fair there was already several items that were only achievable through Operations, PvP, etc...
Yeah but these ones were only things on this patch that would have given at least a tiny little bit something new to get to "non OPS folks". But apparently there is nothing then.

Darth_Exar
02.13.2019 , 08:02 AM | #9
Daily Ossus currency? Sure, but Master and Monumental crystals? Are you F***ing kidding me?! Minimum 2 crystals per decoration! If these crystals dropped like candy I wouldn't have an issue, but to have a currency that is tied into gear grinding also be the only way to purchase these decorations is just mind blowing. Was someone sniffing glue when they made this decision ??? The rating of these decorations are green, not even legendary! Hell, lock them behind a reputation gate and use ossus relics like the other decoration vendor has, not this BS, why change something that isn't broken in the flipping first place!
Quote: Originally Posted by athenaprime View Post
But at least there's Mako. Nice, normal Mako. All six of her.
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."

Xina_LA
02.13.2019 , 08:29 AM | #10
This is absolutely outrageous. I hate PVP and Ops. I understand that Ops have a trophy decoration associated with them and that's fantastic. Let the Ops people who also decorate have something to show off.

But adding several more types of currencies was a bad idea...

And forcing roleplayers and decorators to jump into PVP and Ops, where many of us are going to mess up the team because we don't enjoy doing it and don't have the right gear for it... that's a major mistake.

I was already frustrated that the Ossus decorations bind on aquire. My group is stuck doing Free For All or some other slower looting option so that the people who never decorate don't get a big chunk of the deco drops. (Yes, I know some people have been very lucky with deco drops, but some of us have been doing dailies almost daily and don't have even one of all the potential random drops yet.)

After all the bugs and BS we've had to put up with lately, making our in-game lives harder is a really dumb move.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--