Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

DrDismemberment
01.01.2012 , 11:43 AM | #81
Communism > Capitalism.
"The force is what gives a jedi his power surrounds us penetrates us it binds the galaxy together."

Archereon
01.01.2012 , 11:59 AM | #82
Would I join the Sith? Let me ask you something: Would you join up with the forces of Chaos in 40k. Hell no if you any choice in the matter. Chaos and the dark side of the force are very similar in this regard; many people go in with good, sympathetic, or at least sane motives; but almost everyone comes out a cackling, scheming psycho with no regard for whatever values led them down that path. Of course, as several people have said, in the SW verse, force sensitive individuals generally have the choice of who recruits them made for them. If I was unlucky enough to be recruited by the Sith, I'd make a beeline for a nice, comfortable position where I'm not in the way of anyone's megalomania.

DogMeat
01.01.2012 , 01:52 PM | #83
History points out a simple fact.
Winner = Hero
Loser = War criminal

So....
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█|{████████████████████████████████████████)Merge Happens

Lankist
01.01.2012 , 01:54 PM | #84
I wouldn't want to be the clearly evil and remorseless, cutthroat villain, but I certainly wouldn't join a creepy abstinence cult that basically kidnaps children at a young age and makes them live by their weird, creepy, sexless Vulcan lifestyle.

Hence: Smuggler.

Rhyltran
01.01.2012 , 02:29 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Lankist View Post
I wouldn't want to be the clearly evil and remorseless, cutthroat villain, but I certainly wouldn't join a creepy abstinence cult that basically kidnaps children at a young age and makes them live by their weird, creepy, sexless Vulcan lifestyle.

Hence: Smuggler.
Jedi don't kidnap children. No one is forced to be a Jedi. In fact, it's very easy to get kicked out. Now if you're force sensitive in the Empire. You're forced to train as a Sith and given the odds of success.. that most likely means your death.

Troutlake
01.01.2012 , 02:40 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
Our current, real-life republic is an utter failure. I'm already a monarchist IRL, and would certainly support overthrowing the congress and starting from scratch.

Yes, I would be a Sith. America -- the American myth -- is over.
Leave the country then, people like you dont deserve to live here
Just a dope white boy getting his starwars on

Mordegrus
05.17.2012 , 08:33 PM | #87
Although I might not join the Sith in reality, I would still use the Dark Side of the Force (because I like shocking and choking people).
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Velaran
05.17.2012 , 08:37 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Jedi don't kidnap children. No one is forced to be a Jedi. In fact, it's very easy to get kicked out. Now if you're force sensitive in the Empire. You're forced to train as a Sith and given the odds of success.. that most likely means your death.
1. They strongly encourage Force Sensitive children be given to the Order.

2. When you're "kicked out", you're sent to work on a farm planet for the rest of your life.

3. Death, a forever-farm... What is the difference really?

CassusVerda
05.17.2012 , 11:02 PM | #89
The Sith. No. The Empire...YES

Darth_Solrac
05.18.2012 , 03:36 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.
OH BULL ****.

HELL YES I'd join the Sith if I actually could. Their code is more realistic, liberating, individualistic. The OP fails epically when he fails to realize that even tho the Sith run their empire, THEIR ORDER IS STILL A VERY SEPARATE ENTITY. With its own rules, history, etc. I'd gladly join the Sith ORDER. They worship the Force in ways similar to the Jedi. Just cuz it says Dark Side (ZOMG) should NOT have to automatically = Satanism. Their Empire, while having much better looking uniforms, tech, mech, etc.....I probably couldn't do it.

If SW was IRL, I'd either be a Dark Jedi or Grey Sith aligned with the Republic.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.