Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

winterforge
12.28.2011 , 05:07 PM | #31
In reality? I'd probably stay neutral or join the Republic. In the game? Sith all the way, so much more fun to be evil in a fantasy/sci-fi setting. I am not, nor would I choose to be, evil in real life. So I choose to be evil in a game to let that side "out to play" so to speak.

That being said, would also depend on where I was born. North Koreans didn't choose to be North Koreans, they were born there. And they are not bad people, just their government is. Germans were not bad people in WW2, the Nazi party was. If you lived in Germany, you had to go along with it or face the consequences (likely death). So if I was born on Korriban I'd probably be Sith. What choice would I have unless I'd rather die?

ageofconan
12.28.2011 , 05:13 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.
ROFLx 99999999

so if sith are nazi`s what are the jews in star wars?

Stormcloudx
12.28.2011 , 06:27 PM | #33
^ jawas? lol

Emtro
12.28.2011 , 06:41 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormcloudx View Post
^ jawas? lol
hey!
leave the cute jawas out of this discussion

(cant wait until my BH gets his Blizz companion )

Utinni!

BrianDavion
12.28.2011 , 06:56 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.
my characters aren't me, no I wouldn;t join the sith, but that doesn;t mean I don't enjoy playing sith side. I find your quiet accusation that anyone who plays sith must be a facist somewhat insulting

TonyJP
12.28.2011 , 07:05 PM | #36
I couldn't tell you to be honest! I always think to myself "Yeah! I'd be so ******!" but even when I try to be ****** in-game, I have a little voice saying "Choose the Light Side choice!" so I really don't know!

Villainous_Muse
12.28.2011 , 07:06 PM | #37
Honestly said if I really examined my personality...

If born in to the jedi I would start with great intentions and I believe in helping out the little guy and communal sense of respect and obligation. I'm a great person to be around with humor and social ease being my best armaments over my lightsaber and am able to quell silly arguments with basic logic from a stand point between two people that they couldn't see until I pointed it out. Having force powers would only amplify this as I could easily mind trick weaker willed folks in to simply not being so silly over something so mundane as the colour of their speeder and would have the training to remain calm when things aren't going my way or the way that things were planned.

On the flip side of that coin, I have a very strong personality and a very volatile temper when the right fuse is lit. Prone to frustration when things seem to be conspiring against me to make my day more difficult, this would pave the way to being a sith with my good intentions mixed with my burning anger for other things like the way the government is run where I'm from or how certain parties take advantage of social assistance and stuff like that.

In the end I think it would be a battle of light and dark for me and which side would win, I dunno, depends entirely on my friends I suppose.
"I see living people...
*BLAM BLAM!!!*
... I see dead people..."

soujirop
12.28.2011 , 07:36 PM | #38
If they teach me how to fire lightning from my fingers, I *********** join a thousand times and kiss palpatine in the mouth.

kclemens
12.28.2011 , 09:09 PM | #39
I'm already a Jedi IRL so no Sith for me

BrigOrion
12.28.2011 , 09:18 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
Our current, real-life republic is an utter failure. I'm already a monarchist IRL, and would certainly support overthrowing the congress and starting from scratch.

Yes, I would be a Sith. America -- the American myth -- is over.
You could move to England. They have a monarchy. We gave their monarch the finger 235 years ago, but you can go back.