Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus
01.21.2019 , 11:29 AM | #1
Today I have started a petition on change.org, directed towards Electronic Arts and Disney, imploring them both to allow Star Wars The Old Republic to be revived. How can this be done? By increasing the game's funding, resources and manpower. I have elaborated on it in the petition, so feel free to check it out here:

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-...-and-resources

This game really has the potential to become something big and amazing. Part of this is because it is set in the Star Wars universe and right now, it's the only Star Wars MMO out there. EA's current approach towards the game turns SWTOR into huge wasted potential, because the foundation to rival ESO, Guild Wars 2 or WoW in a serious manner is there, it just needs that extra push of increased funding, resources and manpower.

On top of that, Disney is sitting upon a potential goldmine that they're not even aware of. If they got engaged and collaborated with EA (for example by slowly intergrating SWTOR's content into the official canon lore or let their PR teams work on the MMO's advertising) they would grant the game a lot more attention than it currently gets. There are tons and tons of gamers out there who would want to play a Jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler, but they just don't know this MMO exists. If Disney worked with EA on SWTOR's PR, for example, they could really throw the game into the limelight and make the wider public become aware of its existence.

It's why I hope to not only start a discussion about this, but also to motivate people to sign the petition I linked. Some of you will surely say "they're never going to listen", but if there is no noise at all then they won't ever be able to listen, neither Disney nor EA. At least this way there is a possibility of raising awareness towards this subject, if anything it's at least worth a shot.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

snordoc
01.21.2019 , 11:41 AM | #2
Good initiative, thanks!

Keta
01.21.2019 , 11:43 AM | #3
Based upon the recent news relating to Star Wars games in production, I'd hasten to say that EA has little interest in investing in Star Wars atm. My guess is that Disney as little interest in EA producing more Star Wars titles given it's recent track record.

This game was set up for failure given the unrealistic expectations placed upon it prior to launch. I doubt there'd be much of an investment at this point regardless of what might have been or could be.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Paulsutherland
01.21.2019 , 11:50 AM | #4
Can we revive Darth Marr too?

Ylliarus
01.21.2019 , 12:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by snordoc View Post
Good initiative, thanks!
It's the least we players can do, make our voices heard. Because if we don't create any noise at all, then there won't be anything for EA or Bioware to be heard.
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!

TonyTricicolo
01.21.2019 , 12:18 PM | #6
Sure the Old Republic era was great but I feel Disney is making their push towards the future of Star Wars not the past.
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Ylliarus
01.21.2019 , 12:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Sure the Old Republic era was great but I feel Disney is making their push towards the future of Star Wars not the past.
That may be, but the Old Republic era is being highly requested to be introduced into the new canon, the Disney canon. It would be useful for Disney to play on that, because it's a huge potential market.

Lhancelot
01.21.2019 , 12:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Today I have started a petition on change.org, directed towards Electronic Arts and Disney, imploring them both to allow Star Wars The Old Republic to be revived. How can this be done? By increasing the game's funding, resources and manpower. I have elaborated on it in the petition, so feel free to check it out here:

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-...-and-resources

This game really has the potential to become something big and amazing. Part of this is because it is set in the Star Wars universe and right now, it's the only Star Wars MMO out there. EA's current approach towards the game turns SWTOR into huge wasted potential, because the foundation to rival ESO, Guild Wars 2 or WoW in a serious manner is there, it just needs that extra push of increased funding, resources and manpower.

On top of that, Disney is sitting upon a potential goldmine that they're not even aware of. If they got engaged and collaborated with EA (for example by slowly intergrating SWTOR's content into the official canon lore or let their PR teams work on the MMO's advertising) they would grant the game a lot more attention than it currently gets. There are tons and tons of gamers out there who would want to play a Jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler, but they just don't know this MMO exists. If Disney worked with EA on SWTOR's PR, for example, they could really throw the game into the limelight and make the wider public become aware of its existence.

It's why I hope to not only start a discussion about this, but also to motivate people to sign the petition I linked. Some of you will surely say "they're never going to listen", but if there is no noise at all then they won't ever be able to listen, neither Disney nor EA. At least this way there is a possibility of raising awareness towards this subject, if anything it's at least worth a shot.
I give you credit Yll, you really have taken your positive energy for the game to a new and imo admirable level. I won't beat down the idea you present here, I think it's a well-intentioned and deserving request.

I agree the game deserves far more dignity than it's been given. The fans and players deserve better too! Even the devs who work hard on the game yet clearly lack resources to make it as good as it should be deserve to be given a real opportunity to have something to feel proud about making.

I also have said many times in past threads that they are sitting on the most powerful sci-fi IP of all time, to put this game on a back burner is not only mystifying but plain wrong. So much squandered opportunity if they continue the game down this path. They literally are sitting on a gold mine and seem oblivious to this fact.

I will go check the link you provide here in the thread.

EDIT: I signed it. Hey, I recommend you also go to all the servers and broadcast on fleet, etc. Try to get the word out to sign it for maximum exposure.

Use Facebook or w/e social network platforms you have available too. I don't use social networks, but clearly that's the route to take to reach as many people possible. You probably already understand this.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

LordDarrack
01.21.2019 , 12:48 PM | #9
I applaud you mate, sadly I don't think they give a **** about this game anymore considering the state its in.

Be safe.
"The Experience of Survival is the key to the Gravity of Love"

Lhancelot
01.21.2019 , 12:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDarrack View Post
I applaud you mate, sadly I don't think they give a **** about this game anymore considering the state its in.

Be safe.
That's fine, but can you sign it? Takes like 10 seconds.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696