Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item modification quest

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Item modification quest

TelaVasir
12.28.2011 , 09:59 AM | #1
On all other character classes I received a quest to click on the lore item next to the item modification station which gives you a free Fortitude enhancement and codex entry. I have run through the Trooper ord mantell quest line six times now and never received this quest. Am I missing it somewhere?

USMCJEV
12.28.2011 , 06:44 PM | #2
I got it on my playthrough on Ord Mantell, don't remember the specifics though. It's probably an optional.

brianaucoin
12.30.2011 , 01:28 AM | #3
I noticed this as well tonight. Like you said every other character I've started had this quest, but for my trooper it's missing. Screws up your game rules lore section and causes you to miis out on a +7 end mod plus a bit of xp.

Apax
12.30.2011 , 02:14 AM | #4
Having recently left the starter planet with my trooper alt as well, I can confirm that I was never given the mission to investigate the item modification sign/station, and thus also missed out on the reward as well.

Also, my Aric Jorgan companion customization pack (scout outfit) contained the wrong pair of leggings.

Ceranos
12.30.2011 , 03:01 AM | #5
Yeah, I didn't get it either on my Trooper, my Consular, however, did still get it and the reward it gives.

Needs fix.
◢ℍ PRINCIPAL GΘDS ℍ◣
◢Our Website The First Hellenic Galactic Republic Guild Headquarters◣
◢Join Us Today! Mexri Esxatwn! Θanontes monoi to tou polemou ewrakasi! Our Epic Trailer◣

Redlorn
01.09.2012 , 03:34 AM | #6
I've had the same problem on two Trooper character, no Item Modification quest, bugged I assume.

monitorlizard
01.12.2012 , 06:29 PM | #7
Happened on two trooper characters myself now.
On the bright side, my customer service ticket on this has now been 'escalated' twice. =D

...whatever that means! lol. You'd think they'd at least be able to say "it's a known Trooper issue, we're looking into it" instead of being randomly vague.

Got gun, got mod, got tutorial entry popup, no quest.
Went outside, put mod into gun, still nothing happened, no quest. Clicked on placard, clicked on mod station...nothing. Had friend who was able to get the quest, but it was his very first character created. Neither of my troopers were my first characters, which may or may not have made a difference?

onaccountof
02.16.2012 , 07:39 PM | #8
Never got the item mod "quest" on my Trooper either.
When you get your 1st modded weapon, you get the quest to go to station to put it together, except, it seems, with the Trooper. *sigh*

Rhyys
02.16.2012 , 09:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by onaccountof View Post
Never got the item mod "quest" on my Trooper either.
When you get your 1st modded weapon, you get the quest to go to station to put it together, except, it seems, with the Trooper. *sigh*
LOL. As I've, so far, only leveled two troopers I started reading this and was like "you do?" because I didn't remember it and got to the end where you included the exception. Sigh.

As others have said I didn't get the mod quest on either of my troopers.
Zane--Commando Trooper
Skye'ash-- Vanguard Trooper
K'agan-- -Commando Trooper
Vish'amar'reno--Bounty Hunter

va_wanderer
02.17.2012 , 11:20 AM | #10
Yep. It's a specific bug for Troopers- even Smugglers get the quest.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731