Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

Ylliarus
01.03.2019 , 05:38 PM | #1
As the title says, I understand of course that for the sake of mobility these two abilities were taken away from these classes. In all honesty however, this was not necessary and has stripped both Assassins and Shadows of the most iconic abilities of the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Sage umbrella classes. Sure, maybe Telekinetic Throw wasn't that iconic, but Force Lightning with the Inquisitor classes? Really, I miss the ability so badly with my Assassin, especially considering that he is using Force Lightning in the cutscenes. It's really weird that he can use the Force Power when torturing people just fine but it's taken away as an offensive ability.

Surely more people feel the same way about this? It might not be the biggest thing to solve out there, but while the improvement would be small in the wider context of the game, it would bring back so much satisfaction, enjoyment and immersion. So I ask, no, beg the devs to consider bringing back Force Lightning and Telekinetic Throw to the Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow respectively. If not exactly the same ability, then a version of those two abilities that keeps in line with the mobility of each class.

Please, bring back Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw to Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows, please...
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

DarthSealth
01.03.2019 , 05:51 PM | #2
Yeah I agree for cutscene sake but in all honesty they never served a purpose however I use to love pre-casting crushing darkness that was an OP ability to have.

The thing I want back most from the glory days is active stances. FTW

Ylliarus
01.03.2019 , 05:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
Yeah I agree for cutscene sake but in all honesty they never served a purpose however I use to love pre-casting crushing darkness that was an OP ability to have.

That's why there is an excellent opportunity for Bioware to tweak Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw a bit so that it would become useful to the Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows on those classes. Perhaps they could make it a mobile ability, being able to be cast while running. It doesn't have to be the exact copy of the Sorcerer/Sage version, it could be an ability specifically made for the Assassins/Shadows
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!

FourPawnBenoni
01.03.2019 , 07:18 PM | #4
I don't miss force lightning but deception should not have lost crushing darkness.

DarthSealth
01.03.2019 , 07:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
That's why there is an excellent opportunity for Bioware to tweak Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw a bit so that it would become useful to the Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows on those classes. Perhaps they could make it a mobile ability, being able to be cast while running. It doesn't have to be the exact copy of the Sorcerer/Sage version, it could be an ability specifically made for the Assassins/Shadows
Yeah I agree they could do something similar to how Darkness was originally Depredating Volts would replace Force Lightning.

There was many good things like Crushing Darkness, Active Stances and Phase walk that we shouldn't have lost.

I'd love to see Force Lightning, Crushing Darkness and Active Stances returned as for Phase Walk they can keep that as long as they give use a new mobility ability like Mad Dash ideally Darth Maul's from Dice: Battlefront 2.

Assassins definitely need more mobility.

SithKoriandr
01.03.2019 , 07:46 PM | #6
Agreed! I hate how Projectile and Force Lightning are replaced by a twirl the lightsaber and blast power. :/
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Ylliarus
01.04.2019 , 03:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Agreed! I hate how Projectile and Force Lightning are replaced by a twirl the lightsaber and blast power. :/
I don't mind those abilities, or at least, I didn't mind them back when we still had Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw back on the Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows. But the removal of those abilities did detract from the Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Sage feel from them and that damaged how much I enjoy those advanced classes.

Besides, as I said before, even if you play as a Sith Assassin they use Force Lightning in the cutscenes. Why couldn't they use it as an offensive power in our ability bar as well, it just doesn't make sense.

And I agree with the others, especially while in the Hatred spec or the Jedi equivalent Crushing Darkness and the Shadow equivalent should have stayed as well. Their removal was just a huge pity and frankly, an unnecessary move.

Majspuffen
01.04.2019 , 10:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post

There was a purpose, albeit a very specific and not commonly used, and that was to use it with force potency to interrupt enemies capping objectives.

I also miss the stances. Force Breach/Discharge feels very boring nowadays because it's... static. Not that you'd ever want to hop over to another stance and use that version of Force Breach, but losing your version of Force Breach was a nice penalty for changing stance.

And, more on topic, I also miss telekinetic throw .. I guess I miss project even more (I main Serenity), but telekinetic throw was a nice-looking ability.

EVO_D
01.04.2019 , 10:55 AM | #9
I've been wanting a lightening ability of some sort on my assassin for ages now and it also makes sense since the inquisitors are meant to be lightening slinging force users.

A one handed lightening charge other than electrocute would look great on the sin similar to the one you see in the trailer here: https://youtu.be/mm4JEZudf0c?t=195
CLASS OF 2011FOUNDER OF SWTOR
To support this game and gain free stuff click HERE
Information on the referral program.

McBaal
01.04.2019 , 11:39 AM | #10
Yeah, i even reroled my main SI because i couldn't take the immersion break between ingame and cutscenes any longer. Until i found out that sorc (especially lightning) suuuuuuuuuuuucks as DPS. Absolute trash unless you go Datacron hunting which i did. Phantomwalk or what it's called saved me countless attempts to cut my wrists because i failed some stupid jump So ultimately i renamed her, reroled the char as an assassin and keep the sorc just out of sentimentality and gratefullness for our joined Datacron suffering.

Ingame wise i enjoy the assassin way more than the sorc but i do miss force lightning a lot! I wish the assassin would get force lighning, maybe as a new ability in 6.0 with a new level cap or as an animation replacement for this lightsaber twirl thing. Until then i will use my heroic moment to...light up...my opponents

So OP, +1 from me.